Default Spider-India to have a new costume

movie synergy kicking in now. Question is anyone here actually reading this series? Cause I remember a discussion where a certain character got a new series announced and people where complaining that it wasnt fair to pre-existing characters.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

A solid change, IMO. While I liked the simplistic changes in the OG suit, when we've got an entire Spider-Verse often with many, many Spiders with similar suits as is this is a nice way to help him stand out further.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    movie synergy kicking in now. Question is anyone here actually reading this series? Cause I remember a discussion where a certain character got a new series announced and people where complaining that it wasnt fair to pre-existing characters.

I mean I've read it but my opinion on it will be relatively a bit harsher. I think it's an interesting take on the character, but it lacks a lot of making it stand out as not just peter parker. The Desi politics and environment they create is really vibrant, but the side characters kind of get lost in it. Idk maybe it's just me there's not a lot of hooked investment.

Rather than outright using the Spider-Verse suit seems like they're combing it, his old look, to make something original.

Which might be for the best.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's cool. It's at least somewhat more unique than just, "Spider-Man, but make him look (stereotypically) Indian." As for the story, I am glad the writer is doing more to flesh out Pavitr Prahabakar and the world surrounding him, even delving into the local politics and culture in a timely way that's nonetheless relevant to Pavitr's character development and growth. That said, I am waiting for Meera Jain to come back, or maybe debut Gayatri Singh from Across the Spider-Verse in the comics proper.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 09-07-2023 at 05:52 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's cool. It's at least somewhat more unique than just, "Spider-Man, but make him look (stereotypically) Indian."
    i dont like the pants looks like sweat pants

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fair enough.

Personally I’m not a fan of the sneakers. Why do they keep putting people who need use of their feet as a part of wall crawling in sneakers? Plus they look silly going with a superhero suit.

Hopefully this suit won't give him nipple chafe," like he's been saying. I don't remember Peter Parker complaining about it.

the mini ended today

Hmm not sure what they're modeled on. I'm sure a lot of people in India wear baggy pants, but I'm not sure why(in or out of universe) this character does.

the mini ended today
    That it did. Having read it, I thought it was an interesting look into Pavitr's world and character.

I did not like his movie design, but this one looks alright. They should use this design instead in the sequel.

Fantastic Member

I really disliked his original comics costume, but i enjoy the movie one and this one i think i like even more. I like slacks as a costume piece for nimble like heroes, ive always been a fan of those baggy ninja pants held at the shins by shin-guards and the ninja tabi footwear.