Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    The MCU isn't going to use Magneto after the Multiverse Saga, based on what Kevin Feige has said in interviews. Don't expect to see villains that have been used in the past.
    Good. They should extend that to all the characters who have been extensively used by Sony and the Fox.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Good. They should extend that to all the characters who have been extensively used by Sony and the Fox.
    I can't see MCU not using Wolverine (and to a lesser degree Jean, Scott and Storm)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

The MCU isn't going to use Magneto after the Multiverse Saga, based on what Kevin Feige has said in interviews. Don't expect to see villains that have been used in the past.
    Arcade confirmed!

Arcade would probably actually be cool visually. Not him, but his whole schtick.

Honestly, I'd love an Arcade movie. Make it darker, maybe an R, throw him against some heroes that would otherwise never get a movie (like what they did with Deadpool's X-Force) and it could be quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don't know if was directly mentioned. But Claremont has stated that he based his portrayals of Charles and Erik on David Ben-Gurion and Menachem Begin. Two Jewish leaders, who would serve as the 1st and 6th prime ministers of Israel. The latter starting as far more of a hard-nosed radical, who reformed later on and was the leader to make peace with Egypt. Mirroring Magneto's reform in the comics. Charles is still not Jewish in the comics and was never intended such, though he has a connection to the Jewish people through is travels to Israel and involvement with Gabrielle Haller. But I think it's safe to say that Jewish background was implied when Magneto was shown to be a Holocaust survivor early on.
    I would not consider Menachem Begin to be a hard-nosed radical, who needed to be reformed, but we probably don't want to get into Israel politics.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Uh, if the X-Men is going to the MCU, we will see Magneto, just as we will see Doctor Doom when there is an MCU Fantastic Four movie.

And as for Kevin Feige, well, I'm not sure how secure his position is these days. Time will tell.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Marvel has already done that with Spider-Man. There is no Mary Jane (only a character inspired by her) and they didn't bother to reboot any of the previous villains. Kevin Feige has said that they don't want to repeat what has been done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Uh, if the X-Men is going to the MCU, we will see Magneto, just as we will see Doctor Doom when there is an MCU Fantastic Four movie.

And as for Kevin Feige, well, I'm not sure how secure his position is these days. Time will tell.
    Doom isn't exclusively a Fantastic Four villain. So they can use him for other projects. Magneto on the other hand is exclusively a X-Men villain who has been overused

Astonishing Member

Just make him an eXternal or have his powers slow down his age.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    You dont have to do anything...Magneto was turned into a baby in Defenders 16 by a mutant name Alpha and was being caretaken by Moria until Xmen 104 when Erik the Red grew him to adulthood. Never said how old he was. The only problem is the Xavier friendship.
    Yea but this took place less than ten years ago in Marvel's timeline. It'll still make Magneto old when he first appeared.

Ultimate Member

They might be better served by breaking down the X-Men into their own eras, instead of bringing them all into the modern now.

Guess we'll see