Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RL celebrities related to fictional characters

While Googling a whole different subject, I was reminded that Bill Nye the Science Guy appeared on the TV show Blindspot…

…where he played the father of tech wiz Patterson.

Looking for more examples like this where a celebrity plays a fictionalized version of themselves in a TV show or in a movie and is related to a character.

Billy Gibbons of ZZ Topp played the father of Angela Montenegro on Bones.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Billy Gibbons of ZZ Topp played the father of Angela Montenegro on Bones.
    ^^^YES! That’s right! I’d forgot that Ty!!!

Not exactly living ones, but...

-James Bond is related to British noble Sir Thomas Bond. There's actually a visual joke to this in OCTOPUSSY where Bond is on Bond street.

-The Antonio Banderas Zorro is the fictional brother of the real-life bandit Joaquin Muretta.

-Rome's version of Caeserion is the son of Titus Pullo instead of Julius Caeser.

-Spock says his ancestor create a Sherlock Holmes qoute in Star Trek VI, implying he's related to Conan Doyle, although alternatively he's referring to Holmes.

-Alexios and Kassandra from Assasssin's Creed Odysseys are related to both Leonidas and Pythagoras. In the Ezio saga, Ezio also has a romance with Christina Vespucci, related to Amerigo, the man who named America.

-Batman is said to be related to Revolutionary War hero Anthony Wayne: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Wayne

-Collosus and Illyana from X-men of course are said to be related to *that* Rasputin.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not exactly living ones, but...

-James Bond is related to British noble Sir Thomas Bond. There's actually a visual joke to this in OCTOPUSSY where Bond is on Bond street.

-The Antonio Banderas Zorro is the fictional brother of the real-life bandit Joaquin Muretta.

-Rome's version of Caeserion is the son of Titus Pullo instead of Julius Caeser.

-Spock says his ancestor create a Sherlock Holmes qoute in Star Trek VI, implying he's related to Conan Doyle, although alternatively he's referring to Holmes.

-Alexios and Kassandra from Assasssin's Creed Odysseys are related to both Leonidas and Pythagoras. In the Ezio saga, Ezio also has a romance with Christina Vespucci, related to Amerigo, the man who named America.

-Batman is said to be related to Revolutionary War hero Anthony Wayne: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Wayne

-Collosus and Illyana from X-men of course are said to be related to *that* Rasputin.
    ^^^Effing COOL, i didn’t know any of these! Appreciated!

Sophie Neveu in The Da Vinci Code is a descendant of Jesus Christ.

Shiwan Khan from The Shadow is a descendant of Genghis Khan. Although that really isn't as big of a deal now considering how many descendants of Khan are around.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The villain from Ghosts of Tsushima is also a Khan.

I do kind of find it a bit funny they used the same actor who played Atilla the Hun in the Night At The Museum movies though.

Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-09-2023 at 05:53 AM.

When Mark Hamill guest-starred on The Muppets Show, he appeared as both himself and his Star Wars character, Luke Skywalker, with a running joke that the two were cousins.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Kellen Lutz is Lutz’s nephew on 30 Rock.

In the "Uncharted" series it's implied that Nathan Drake is related to Sir Frances Drake, this is retconned by the fourth game, although hints that he is not a real descendant are dropped as early as the first game.

However, his real last name is Morgan, which was also the surname of a famous privateer, although eventually a Pirate one (and of course a popular brand of alcohol). Given the game dealt extensively with pirates, it could be hinting at a connection there instead.

In Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost it's revealed that TV star/chef Bobby Flay is Fred's uncle (least according to Wikipedia, my memory wants to tell me they were distant cousins but it's been a couple years since I saw it so best to rely on the wiki really).

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt had a character who was a fictional Hemsworth brother.

Well not all family trees are worth bragging about Forrest Gump was related to Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Jim Harbaugh showed up on Saved by the Bell as Screech's cousin.

In a weird version of this where both people are real, The Mike Tyson Mysteries established that Mike Tyson and Neil deGrasse Tyson are brothers.

In comics and not TV or movies, but Zdarsky retconned Flash Thompson as the nephew of Lea Thompson and cousin of Zoey Deutch in a comic a few years ago.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!