Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Claremont celebrates Logan’s 50th anniversary in ‘Wolverine: Madripoor Knights'

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=233970922

Cover of issue #1 by Philip Tan

For 50 years, he’s been the best there is at what he does, and starting in January 2024, Marvel Comics proudly celebrates the milestone anniversary of Wolverine with a berserker’s rage worth of excitement, including Chris Claremont’s return to the character this February in WOLVERINE: MADRIPOOR KNIGHTS!

The five-issue limited series will be drawn by acclaimed artist Edgar Salazar, who got his claws bloody in the recent X-23: DEADLY REGENESIS series. Together, Claremont and Salazar will pick things up where UNCANNY X-MEN #268 left off, as Captain America joins Wolverine and Black Widow in the dangerous streets of Madripoor to hunt down a planet-threatening weapon...and the multiple enemies looking to control it!

Claremont, Cap, Widow, and Wolverine—together again! When a secret weapon brings Captain America to Madripoor, the trio team-up you’ve been waiting decades for will finally come to pass as the mission brings Logan and Black Widow into a race against time, against a multitude of foes, including the Hand! You’ve been waiting for this one…and you’ll never guess where it goes!

“Hard to believe, Bub, I’ve known Logan for 50 years!” Claremont shared. “And Natasha was in the first Marvel story I ever wrote. This trip back to Madripoor reveals hidden truths about two of my favorite characters on the adventure that shaped their lives.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm always for more X-work by Chris. I hope one day they will let him play in the present-era sandbox again, but in the meantime I'm happy with this sequel to Madripoor Knights.

I wonder if Claremont will address Natasha's immortality/slow aging on this.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this is the one time I wish Disney just pays WB and Lee to illustrate this mini and make it a giant ass event of having Claremont and Lee back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think he likely will. Also something that comes up whenever he writes Natasha (particularly if Colossus is also involved) is her being a lost Romanoff and Colossus being a descendant of Rasputin and the connection between them. He did this in both X-Men Forever and that What If? story where Magneto and Xavier both formed the X-Men together. In both those books, Natasha and Colossus were also both a couple.

I can't remember if the original Madripoor Knights was the first time that Natasha being a lost Romanoff was referenced but it was definitely mentioned in that story so I expect a follow-up to that.

I'm always for more X-work by Chris. I hope one day they will let him play in the present-era sandbox again, but in the meantime I'm happy with this sequel to Madripoor Knights.

Same here. Still love the original! Looking forward to the sequel!!

Good way to honor Logan's 50th.

Also the return of short-haired Black Widow.

Excited for this one!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If this is a period piece in WW2 im game. Though I'm sure it's set in present with flashbacks. Either way I'm excited
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 09-09-2023 at 11:40 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Or the fact that she’s Venom?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Now here's something I can get interested in...

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Or the fact that she’s Venom?
    It sounds like this is set right after the original Madripoor Knights story so I don't think that will be addressed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    this is the one time I wish Disney just pays WB and Lee to illustrate this mini and make it a giant ass event of having Claremont and Lee back together.
    Hell yeah. It would be fun if they had Lee to draw it.

Are Claremont and Lee on good terms now?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Are Claremont and Lee on good terms now?
    I think they always were, as evidenced by their collaboration on WildC.A.T.S. in the mid-90's and Claremont relaunching Gen13 for him in the early naughties. Frankly, I always saw Jim Lee and also Bob Harras heading up DC for a long time as one of the reasons why Marvel has been keeping Claremont on an exclusive contract for so long, and paying him even when he wasn't writing anything.

I think they always were, as evidenced by their collaboration on WildC.A.T.S. in the mid-90's and Claremont relaunching Gen13 for him in the early naughties. Frankly, I always saw Jim Lee and also Bob Harras heading up DC for a long time as one of the reasons why Marvel has been keeping Claremont on an exclusive contract for so long, and paying him even when he wasn't writing anything.
    I forgot about that. At least they'd be receptive to working together again unlike Claremont with Byrne. From what I understand, Claremont has said he'd work with Byrne again although that sentiment is clearly not reciprocated.