Default Hogun the Grim vs Granny Goodness

Hogun the Grim vs Granny Goodness. All the standard Khazan defaults.

No takers? Let's take a closer look at our combatants.

Hogun the Grim is an Asgardian warrior and apparently a demigod, though not of the same Aesir race as most Asgardians. He has superhuman strength and toughness. Most of his feats are in battle against monsters or other warriors of the 9 Realms, so a bit hard to place with respect to humans. But Hogun did once battle Daredevil and the NYPD. With a single blow of his mace, he split a police squad car in half. He picked up another squad car and slammed it into the ground so hard that the front part of the car was flattened. He also jumped on top of a moving bus in a single bound. However, he was not fast enough to evade Daredevil's attacks, though he didn't seem particularly harmed by them either. Although Asgardians have flesh that is three times as dense as normal human flesh, Hogun was finally brought down by a barrage of gunfire from rifle-toting police officers.

Granny Goodness has energy gauntlets that can fire blasts and also create a bulletproof shield. In HTH, she has experience as a former shocktrooper for Darkseid, but was temporarily downed after being struck in the face repeatedly with a rifle butt by Amanda Waller. She seems to have some degree of superhuman strength and endurance.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wish I could add something, but I have close to zero knowledge of either character.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I've seen Hogun fight plenty of times but I don't think I've ever seen Granny actually fight anybody.

Doesn't Granny Goodness have a mother box?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wish I could add something, but I have close to zero knowledge of either character.
    Same problem here. I know Classic Hogun's abilities circa the 1960s. Current? No idea. Granny Goodness? General feeling but nothing specific. Starting from a hundred feet away, my instincts are that she wins through some energy manipulation wonkiness using a weapon.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

She had an origin story showing she had combat ability when younger, because she should to be respected in Apokolips I'd think, but a while ago somebody posted a page of her using her staff to deflect machinegun bullets shot by Amanda Waller right in front of her. Don't remember if it was agreed that should count for her given how little she does in comics fight-wise.