Default Why can't Dynamite try a "Black Bat: Year One" series set in the late 1930s?

Dynamite already had a twelve-issue run of Black Bat set in the "present day" (back in 2013/14 and written by Brian Buccatello) which seems to have had sales severely fall off by the end of the series. (By issue #10 it was below 3,000 copies ordered through Diamond; I don't know how issues #11 and #12 did.)

However, why can't Diamond try again with maybe a mini-/limited-series for the Black Bat set during the character's original time period, 1939? Dynamite already used that character in the first Masks series, but it could be interesting to see that version in solo adventures depicting when he was blinded and how he decided to operate against criminals in the costumed identity of the Black Bat. (It would be even sweeter if Dynamite could get Matt Wagner to write this, but that might be asking too much!)

Would anybody else be interested in something like this?

I would be interested. The series started quite well, but as I remember the series, the story somehow lost momentum after the first 6 or 8 issues. It might be the type of character and stories that work well as a series of mini-series. In any case, I'd be interested.