Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    NOT that this isn't a NON-ISSUE, but...

The MCU routinely changes characters race, enthicity, and skin tone.

I think its best for them to simply cast whoever they can find that can play the role convincingly.

They had a miserable time with the FF, so looking to KANG and really even nick fury and even tilda swinson
    and how excellent these characters are without making such considerations.

Just DON'T make doom like they've done before
    Yeah, the Nick Fury thing was day one the films aren't 100 accurate to 616.

Ultimate Member

I think its best for them to simply cast whoever they can find that can play the role convincingly.

They had a miserable time with the FF, so looking to KANG and really even nick fury and even tilda swinson

Exactly.

The MCU has already introduced Kang as a villain.

I don't think it will be an issue have a Romani Dr. Doom as a villain.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is a pointless discussion since it's obvious Doom's Romani heritage isn't important to his character.

The 90s cartoon has his mother absent and he was motivated by his father's love for science plus his father isn't depicted as partaking in common Gypsy practices.

If you haven't already, I would check out Ed Brubaker's Books of Doom instead of depending on the cartoons which are woefully inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I've known people who are half Romani and half white and you'd never know that they weren't fully white. Magda Lensherr was also Sinti. Who are largely white passing. There is no reason why the children of an Ashkenazi Jew and a Sinti Roma wouldn't look like Olsen, Taylor-Johnson, or Peters. And Victor should be wearing a mask most of the time anyway. And it could even be a different actor or an AI image if his face is only seen in photographs or portraits. So, as long as you can believe that he's half Romani and half white, it shouldn't matter.
    There are more Roma who don't look white than do. They only do in most depictions because the ones drawing or playing them are not Romani. And they tend to just perpetuate stereotypes anyway. They haven't proven even once being able to do it in any sort of way that "shouldn't matter."

The problem is that Hollywood has been notoriously bad at Roma depictions. And it'd be yet another case of whitewashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is a pointless discussion since it's obvious Doom's Romani heritage isn't important to his character.

The 90s cartoon has his mother absent and he was motivated by his father's love for science plus his father isn't depicted as partaking in common Gypsy practices.
    It's about as important as many other character backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't think it will be an issue have a Romani Dr. Doom as a villain.
    A complication that could have been solved by having actual Roma heroes and not whitewashing them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.