Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Iam hyped to see this. They said the 1st movie would bomb too. Only time will tell.

It does look good...

WB dumped the red carpet for aquaman 2 and threw a little party and only wan and momoa came.

Dang. Not even a red carpet wb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...t_premiere_or/

Astonishing Member

Hope it proves the naysayers wrong. I've been seeing some promos for holiday films that include Aquaman, and it looks very enticing. Plan on seeing it between Christmas and New Years.

Retired

Given it's coming out on the weekend before Christmas--which is usually a slow weekend for theatres--it probably won't have an impressive showing at the weekend box office (Friday to Sunday), which will prompt people to go on social media and declare it "dead in the water." But movies that play during the Christmas to New Years week can't be counted out. You won't really know until after New Year's Day. But by then, it won't be the hot gossip and the next shiny thing will get all the attention.

Since Warner Bros. has a few movies in this window, they probably don't care. So long as one does well over the holidays, they're making bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB dumped the red carpet for aquaman 2 and threw a little party and only wan and momoa came.

Well, that's a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Sad that DC and the WB seem to be treating it as a failure they just had to go through the motions and do. Jason Mamoa and the success of the first Aquaman movie might even cause this to be a moderate success despite the WB, so I'm told, barely promoting it.

Then again, the WB has done a great job of alienating some of their most successful actors. Ben Affleck was smart and walked away after they started compromising the storyline in JL and using a personal tragedy to dump Zack Snyder. Henry Cavill can't be happy with their on again/ off again ideas of having him play Superman again. Gal Gadot gets told her WW won't be transferred into the new DCEU with the crossover parts dumped and I've heard Jason Mamoa just generally wasn't happy with how he was treated.
    Power with Girl is better.

Man at this point I want to see it just to spite WB just because they seem to want it to fail. But I want to see it anyhow, too, because Manta.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Man at this point I want to see it just to spite WB just because they seem to want it to fail. But I want to see it anyhow, too, because Manta.
    I want to see it because Jason Mamoa is great fun, the visuals are wahoo over the top, and I'm here for that, and I kind of have this low-key need to see Orm get a little slice of redemption, since my favorite Orm story was the Neal Pozner 1986 Aquaman mini-series where Arthur more or less beats him with the power of brotherly love and forgiveness, instead of his more usual go-to of anger and fists (IIRC, it's been, uh, thirty-some years since I've read that?).

Astonishing Member

I mean what can you say. The headlines are already written. The studio is itself showing that it is not confident enough to go through the motions of even the basic marketing premiere etc. They don't have the excuse that Blue Beetle had of cast not being available because of strike.

I mean at this point word of mouth would have to carry this a LONG way now.

Astonishing Member

The biggest thing hurting it (aside from WB's indifference' is the James Gunn reboot. Frankly, all parties handled this poorly practically guaranteeing any films not under Gunn's supervision would fail. They didn't need a hard reboot that fired all of Snyder's actors. Wonder Woman and Aquaman showed the way (despite some missteps from the WW director). They only needed better direction, but the ship has sailed. Frankly, nothing Gunn has announced has me excited in the least. Aquaman looks much more interesting than The Marvels, so I hope it succeeds on its own merits.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    *high five*

Hell yes, gimme more Manta.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Review embargo just dropped. RT score--38.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aqu...e_lost_kingdom

Spectacular Member

So I brought tickets a month ago for this Saturday. Yesterday (12/20) we decided to switch to Sunday because of plans. When I switched the ENTIRE showing on Sunday was unsold and the only 2 tickets purchased was mine. Doesn't look good