Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Bruce would re-enroll Damian in Gotham Academy, knowing Williamson is a fan, but I guess he already got expelled from there and maybe dealing with more "normal" kids will be good for him.
    Has he already aged out of Gotham Academy, rather than being expelled? He's 15 now, and GA seems to be a junior high or even elementary school, based on how old Maps is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has he already aged out of Gotham Academy, rather than being expelled? He's 15 now, and GA seems to be a junior high or even elementary school, based on how old Maps is.
    I always thought it was a high school...or, like, a full comprehensive all years thing.

He's 14.

10char

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Good issue, Bruce and Damian's interactions are cute.

Glad to see Bruce getting along with at least one of his boys.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian is 14. I know you like to count real time but if it's not said in the comics then it's not accurate. Olive is 16 so Gotham Academy is still viable nut Damian was expelled the last time.

How do you say it with such authority? Did I miss something?

Hasn't Williamson said Damian is 15 in B&R?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Has he? I'm not sure.Idon't want Damian getting older. The more he does the more he approaches the big clogging spot. YJ Generation age range. Where does he go from there.

Extraordinary Member

No he’s 14 but if the story takes him to summer vacation that will indicate a year has passed.
    A reason character don’t go to school is because it makes time moove

Random thought but Damian hair style change may be due to the return of his half brother

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Has he? I'm not sure.Idon't want Damian getting older. The more he does the more he approaches the big clogging spot. YJ Generation age range. Where does he go from there.
    The world cannot stop revolving and evolving just because of Peter Pan and the lost boys
    The clock is ticking until Trinity arrives, Cassie Tim and Connor need to figure out their next moove

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wasn't Damian going the same school as Jon in Super Sons?

Writers need to make up their minds.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wasn't Damian going the same school as Jon in Super Sons?

Writers need to make up their minds.
    I don't see the problem. Bruce only sent Damian to the school in Metropolis because he wanted Damian to become friends with Jon. But now Jon isn't going to school anymore and Alfred isn't there anymore to fly Damian to school with a helicopter (plus it would be too expensive).
    So he's sending Damian to a high school in Gotham. You guys are seeing problems where there are none.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I mean Damian was in that school with the girl that looks like Carrie Kelly,
    Died
    then he was in Gotham Academy for a while
    Rebirth happened
    and then he was in school with Jon
    Book canned and Alfred dies
    Now he's back in another school? Just leave him as a home schooled genius at this point.
    "Cable was right!"

Died
    Rebirth happened
    Now he's back in another school? Just leave him as a home schooled genius at this point.
    No idea what you are referring to with the first sentence.
    Damian was home schooled by Alfred (who is dead and didn't know what to teach him anymore) and he was in Gotham Academy for like a week to spy for Bruce.
    It's not about education, it's about Damian being around kids his age and upholding his civilian persona.

Mighty Member

Died
    Rebirth happened
    Generally, Bruce send Damian to school to improve his socialization skill not for education purposes.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No idea what you are referring to with the first sentence.
    In Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Damian was being tutored by a version of Carrie Kelley (for reasons I'll never understand). I think she was teaching him outside of school, though, as she was much older than him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!