Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    she already had the baby his name is Winston
    I like to think that the Betty Brant who gave birth to Winston is a CLONE. Why would Betty Brant ever go back to Ned Leeds? Why Nick Spencer decided to bring back the god awful Ned Leeds and Betty Brant relationship is lazy story telling. After how the original Ned Leeds treated Betty Brant in past stories, you would think that she would move past that trauma...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I like to think that the Betty Brant who gave birth to Winston is a CLONE. Why would Betty Brant ever go back to Ned Leeds? Why Nick Spencer decided to bring back the god awful Ned Leeds and Betty Brant relationship is lazy story telling. After how the original Ned Leeds treated Betty Brant in past stories, you would think that she would move past that trauma...
    original ned did nothing wrong but his job assignments from Jameson. It was Betty who left him to cheat on him with Peter then Flash. That trauma is suffered from was mostly due to her negligence
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Something else that occurs to me is that Betty spent a lot more time "on the bench" as it were. There were a lot of times when she either only appeared as a background character and long stretches where she did not appear at all. Absence does not always make the heart go fonder. The way I see is this... Mary Jane being prominently featured in a lot of Marvel media and having married Peter gets (probably) the largest number of fans followed by Gwen who for better and worse became popular as Peter's lost Lenore and/or Black Cat who is the "wilder" "exciting" choice because she flirts with crime, has fewer moral scruples and can fill the "bad girl" type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    ...and incidentally, it was established that Betty dropped out of high school to become Jonah's secretary in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 9.

Attachment 137680

kdb
    Ah, somehow I'd forgotten that! Thanks for sharing that!

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Something else that occurs to me is that Betty spent a lot more time "on the bench" as it were. There were a lot of times when she either only appeared as a background character and long stretches where she did not appear at all. Absence does not always make the heart go fonder. The way I see is this... Mary Jane being prominently featured in a lot of Marvel media and having married Peter gets (probably) the largest number of fans followed by Gwen who for better and worse became popular as Peter's lost Lenore and/or Black Cat who is the "wilder" "exciting" choice because she flirts with crime, has fewer moral scruples and can fill the "bad girl" type.
    I genuinely thought the idea of Sarah Stacy was a cool concept at least. It's a way to have Gwen... sort of even if she's dead.