Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Okay, but can Betty at least keep her personally armory?

Ah, the 90's...it was truly a magical time for comics. And also the Apocalypse.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Do we really want Peter to dive back into the insanity that is dating Betty Brant?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Okay, but can Betty at least keep her personally armory?

Didn't know she had that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do we really want Peter to dive back into the insanity that is dating Betty Brant?
    Why not? Spider-Man is all about being miserable right? .

Also when I saw that you posted here I was thinking "Frontier will probably talk about Betty being a an awful person", I was close enough .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Also when I saw that you posted here I was thinking "Frontier will probably talk about Betty being a an awful person", I was close enough .
    Well, I guess it would be fun for a laugh, but it needed to be said .

Didn't know she had that lol.

It does track. She does have the personality of a badger protecting its den...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    With that said, I never understood why Parker's love interest is confined to Black Cat and MJ. It really should be Mary Jane and Betty Brant, which makes for a better dynamic. It would had been nice for once if Marvel had develop an alternate story where Betty Brant and Peter Parker are married...
    I think long running comics tend to "prune away" most love interests into only one or two serious contenders who either by concept or execution have solidified their place in the story to an almost unassailable degree.

MJ is the best of the "normal girlfriends;" Betty can never hope to do a better job at that than MJ has, and people are automatically more intrigued by seeing the proven "star" of such roles keep rolling, not in seeing a pale facsimile try and cover the same ground and still stay far behind.

Black Cat is the best of the "extraordinary girlfriends;" Betty will never be able to catch up to her as a solo star, which is the area that Black Cat can sort of exploit to get out of MJ's shadow.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I've always found Betty Brant to be annoying. Rrreeaaalllllyyyy ANNOYING. Even in the early Lee Ditko issues.

Two pages and lots of arguments, but it's pretty simple: no one is asking for this ship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Two pages and lots of arguments, but it's pretty simple: no one is asking for this ship.
    *spidey office has entered the chat*

We wouldn't have a lot of current problems if they did that .

Frank Cho will draw 5000 arts of MJ and/or Felicia complaining about their asses getting fat because of aunt May's wheat cakes before he even considers drawing Teresa lol.

It's even the focus of a BND issue, where she thinks Peter is gonna do a surprise birthday party for her when she sees him talking with a bunch of people, comes the birthday, Peter shows up alone to watch some movies with her, and when she complains because she expected a party and thought he screwed up again, it turned out the reason there was no party is because every single time she saw him talking with someone, they were refusing to make a party for her, basically saying "Betty is a bitch".

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png

(ASM#583)

"You're a good person Betty Brant."

(Wish time stamping worked here...).

Unlike plenty of post OMD writing, Betty doing this kind of **** works lol.

This sister talk reminds me of the first episode from 90's Spidey cartoon, where he talks about Debra and says "She's like the little sister I never had... Or wanted", this could really be used to describe his relationship with Betty when she's uh, being less nice than usual, or maybe even being her usual lol.

So you're saying that it'd be fitting with the current writing.

Peter: "You're a good person Charlie Br-Betty Brant."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    LOL! I'm willing to give it a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I'm willing to give it a chance...

I'm sorry, they appear to have gotten some Lois Lane mixed into their Betty Brant.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Frank Cho will draw 5000 arts of MJ and/or Felicia complaining about their asses getting fat because of aunt May's wheat cakes before he even considers drawing Teresa lol.
    I was making a much worse joke. Lol.

It's even the focus of a BND issue, where she thinks Peter is gonna do a surprise birthday party for her when she sees him talking with a bunch of people, comes the birthday, Peter shows up alone to watch some movies with her, and when she complains because she expected a party and thought he screwed up again, it turned out the reason there was no party is because every single time she saw him talking with someone, they were refusing to make a party for her, basically saying "Betty is a bitch".
    Y'know what's really bad about this? I misremembered this issue with the roles reverse and Betty being nice for Peter's birthday (and everyone avoiding him) because BND Peter was the absolute worst.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-14-2023 at 04:13 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I get the argument. Betty was Peter's first serious love interest, and was in some defining stories. They have a shared history. They did hook up again in the Wolfman run. Betty's main issues with Peter were that she has a much safer vision of what a husband should do, but she's changed from then. If she were to break up with Ned (which would not be shocking, considering how often they've broken up and reconciled) it would be a unique dynamic for Peter to date a single mom.

The main reason it hadn't happened was that Betty was with other people (mostly Ned) while Peter was single, and then MJ became Peter's primary love interest immediately after Ned Leeds was killed. By Brand New Day, Betty hadn't been a love interest for Peter in nearly 30 years. She's evolved into being one of his female friends, and that dynamic would be affected if they hooked up again.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I get the argument. Betty was Peter's first serious love interest, and was in some defining stories. They have a shared history. They did hook up again in the Wolfman run.
    Personally, I find this a flimsy argument. It's like calling Vicky Vale one of Batman's great love interests.

Sure, it's a thing that happened (in the way distant past) but there's very little that wasn't done significantly better or for much longer periods with other characters since. Betty and Pete had a short thing and pretty much the entire time was showing they aren't compatible.

Putting them together now is basically like the ending to How I Met Your Mother! Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!