Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Marv is that you?

I think a better question is why could they? Why would they? Because the reasons not to are voluminous and varied.

*Peter and Betty were never actually in love
    *Betty is married and has a son.
    *Peter ~~is~~ was married.
    *OMD's nature means all romance plots are pointless except its inevitable destruction or plots that move down that path due to their inability to progress.
    *Peter's true love has been firmly established as Mary Jane making all other romances inherently pointless. Yes that menas it's inherently pointless from two different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Personally, I find this a flimsy argument. It's like calling Vicky Vale one of Batman's great love interests.

Sure, it's a thing that happened (in the way distant past) but there's very little that wasn't done significantly better or for much longer periods with other characters since. Betty and Pete had a short thing and pretty much the entire time was showing they aren't compatible.

Putting them together now is basically like the ending to How I Met Your Mother! Lol.
    The DC reboots make Vicki Vale less special. I'm unaware of any Vicki Vale stories as good and acclaimed as the Master Planner Saga.

Meanwhile, Catwoman has the Long Halloween. Talia has her classic intro and Son of the Demon.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The DC reboots make Vicki Vale less special. I'm unaware of any Vicki Vale stories as good and acclaimed as the Master Planner Saga.
    Sure, and her entire role in that Saga is proving they are incompatible. Heck, the arc literally introduces her replacement in Gwen.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

Marv is that you?

I think a better question is why could they? Why would they? Because the reasons not to are voluminous and varied.

*Peter and Betty were never actually in love
    *Betty is married and has a son.
    *Peter ~~is~~ was married.
    *OMD's nature means all romance plots are pointless except its inevitable destruction or plots that move down that path due to their inability to progress.
    *Peter's true love has been firmly established as Mary Jane making all other romances inherently pointless. Yes that menas it's inherently pointless from two different angles.
    *checks the time machine dials*

Oh its probably a few years before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.

Personally, I find this a flimsy argument. It's like calling Vicky Vale one of Batman's great love interests.
    Of course she is. ... you know, as long as you're only counting the movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Sure, and her entire role in that Saga is proving they are incompatible. Heck, the arc literally introduces her replacement in Gwen.
    This.

Gwen and Harry are far more memorable in that than Betty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    This.

Gwen and Harry are far more memorable in that than Betty.
    Not really. That’s why people like them dying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    We wouldn't have a lot of current problems if they did that .

Frank Cho will draw 5000 arts of MJ and/or Felicia complaining about their asses getting fat because of aunt May's wheat cakes before he even considers drawing Teresa lol.

It's even the focus of a BND issue, where she thinks Peter is gonna do a surprise birthday party for her when she sees him talking with a bunch of people, comes the birthday, Peter shows up alone to watch some movies with her, and when she complains because she expected a party and thought he screwed up again, it turned out the reason there was no party is because every single time she saw him talking with someone, they were refusing to make a party for her, basically saying "Betty is a bitch".

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png

(ASM#583)

"You're a good person Betty Brant."

(Wish time stamping worked here...).

Unlike plenty of post OMD writing, Betty doing this kind of **** works lol.

This sister talk reminds me of the first episode from 90's Spidey cartoon, where he talks about Debra and says "She's like the little sister I never had... Or wanted", this could really be used to describe his relationship with Betty when she's uh, being less nice than usual, or maybe even being her usual lol.

So you're saying that it'd be fitting with the current writing.
    Well at least now we have proof that MJ is a bitch too. Oh and Gwen’s a white supremacist too.

I like Betty and Peter as friends, but trying to prove she’s a “bitch” is annoying.

Peter clearly wasn’t lying about his feelings. If he was, he wouldn’t have shown up to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well at least now we have proof that MJ is a bitch too. Oh and Gwen’s a white supremacist too.

I like Betty and Peter as friends, but trying to prove she’s a “bitch” is annoying.

Peter clearly wasn’t lying about his feelings. If he was, he wouldn’t have shown up to begin with.
    You should read the "Bertone hates Betty" articles...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You should read the "Bertone hates Betty" articles...
    Is this JJ’s alt account?

Well at least now we have proof that MJ is a bitch too.
    Now she is.

Oh and Gwen’s a white supremacist too.
    If you ignore that in the comic she was being lied to and that she fell for Bullit's bullshit like a dumbass, sure.

What do them being friends has anything to do with that? Betty being a bitch is a consistent character trait since the Ditko run, and she is a bitch regardless of who's crushing her puss lol.

Though she has phases where she sounds nicer (I think in the 80's she toned down the drama), but again, consistent trait a lot of the time.

He wasn't lying, I sent that video as a joke lol.

I was also supposed to send the next page where Betty was apreciating Peter, but that link I sent was just a repeat of the "You're a good person Betty Brant":

And the last page for good measure:

(ASM#583).
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-16-2023 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

make Betty a television reporter, like for C_N or M_NBC. give her a role beyond the spider-man strips.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Not really. That’s why people like them dying.
    Even in death, and perhaps because of it, both are significantly more impactful on the franchise. Heck, Betty isn't important enough to have been killed off*. Lol.

*I'll add I am actually a Betty fan in general.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I know nothing about Betty beyond Spectacular Spider-Man, and this thread makes her out to be this overdramatic, chaotic shrew who only exists to be hot and cause trouble. Honestly, I'd love for a love interest like that. Just a little gremlin, doing bad things.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I know nothing about Betty beyond Spectacular Spider-Man, and this thread makes her out to be this overdramatic, chaotic shrew who only exists to be hot and cause trouble. Honestly, I'd love for a love interest like that. Just a little gremlin, doing bad things.
    so far in my readthrough all she proves is that she isnt loyal to her marriage mate. Twice she attempted to have an affair one with Peter who broke it off and another one with Flash that did commence
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy