Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Okay, you want to know why Betty Brant can't be Peter's love interest anymore? I'll tell you...it's because SHE'S A ZOMBIE!!!

Hmm... he should have let her have JJ. heh

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Okay, you want to know why Betty Brant can't be Peter's love interest anymore? I'll tell you...it's because SHE'S A ZOMBIE!!!

Don't be so intolerant to those who are a little different. Look, she's running to give him a hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    make Betty a television reporter, like for C_N or M_NBC. give her a role beyond the spider-man strips.
    Or maybe give her a role in new media.

Though I don't think she should be Peter's Lois Lane.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not really. Black Cat was Peter's female friend for over 30 years. Yet, we see Black Cat more than Betty Brant. I'm sure that the dynamic between Betty and Peter would not be affected anymore than Felicia. In fact when Felicia and Peter resumes their relationship, they pick up where they left off. The same would apply toward Betty and Peter's relationship if it resumes again where it left off.
    Black Cat caused some trouble for Peter & MJ.

There were also more references to just how physically intense Peter & Black Cat's relationship was, and how she felt about him. I'm thinking of a scene in a clone saga humor one-shot where she reacts to the news that she did stuff with a clone several times in one night, double-entendres in the Kevin Smith mini-series and Peter's realization in Millar's run that she was still smitten.

Plus, they've gotten together again twice after One More Day.

Pretty sure in the next breakup Peter is going to go for a pussycat.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Black Cat caused some trouble for Peter & MJ.

There were also more references to just how physically intense Peter & Black Cat's relationship was, and how she felt about him. I'm thinking of a scene in a clone saga humor one-shot where she reacts to the news that she did stuff with a clone several times in one night, double-entendres in the Kevin Smith mini-series and Peter's realization in Millar's run that she was still smitten.

Plus, they've gotten together again twice after One More Day.

Pretty sure in the next breakup Peter is going to go for a pussycat.
    In one of the games Felicia tells Pete she'd had his baby... and he DOESN'T immediately tell her the idea is impossible. Says a few things about how.... entangled they became.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    To reiterate what I said earlier, the last time Betty and Pete were romantically last involved was before Black Cat even existed!

While I'm against Felicia being paired with Pete again (I think Felicia is more interesting outside of that), at least she has always shown an interest in him one way or another. Betty hasn't.

And Wells is the only writer to actually pull the trigger on having them date again (they've hooked up once or twice), and he... I don't know what happened. Got bored? It lasted a very short time.

Because she's a far more popular and interesting supporting character.

I think writers have found it hard to place her and Robbie since Peter left the Bugle, because having Peter casually meet up with friends is impossible to write, apparently.

...with her married to another man and trying to initiate and affair? I mean, Ned is back so it's a possibility.

Or going back further, with her constantly in tears because of some imagined sleight?

She isn't. There's no evidence to support that.

She has been shown to miss Ned, especially after Hobgoblin Lives, where she proved his innocence and it was revealed his shitty behaviour at the end was due to Kingsley's brain washing device.

I ain't touching that.

This Ned isn't a clone. It's the real Ned returned via the Goblin Serum (which is somehow a bit more silly).

I don't disvalue your interest in seeing new and different things, I enjoy your threads and Spidey definitely needs some fresh ideas, but you're not really giving a good reason to want to see this one.
    Ned got killed off. Spencer got lazy with Betty Brant by making her a mom and bringing back Ned. There is still a lot of potential between Betty and Parker. We just need a good writer to flush it out. I like to see the rotation between Betty Brant and Mary Jane as Parker's love interest. Black Cat(IMO) should move on in the pages of Daredevil, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Spider-Woman, or Moon Knight social circles as she's too entangled with Spider-Man exculsively. Felicia might get a different perspective under a writer whose not tied down to Spider-Man...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-07-2023 at 12:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

So did Peter and Betty ever go all the way?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'd really hope not, with Peter's age at the time.

Maybe in the Wolfman debacle. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Yeah, Peter would've been 16 and Betty about 18 at the time, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would it have been implausible in the early sixties for a teenager, especially a girl, to have left school and gone into work at sixteen? I don't think anything in the early Spider-man comics suggests that the age difference between Peter and Betty is viewed as odd or problematic.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wasn't the Ned clone alive before Spencer's run? I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    They did if you believe.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't know if there's an official DOB/age difference. I always thought she looked 20+ in the Ditko era (which has definitely been lower/stated to be untrue over time).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think everyone thought she was at least 19 or 20 cuz readers in our gen are used to only adults having full time jobs which didn't seem to be the case in 60s America.

Also I swear Lee and Ditko had Betty beefing with teenage girls over a teenage boy. Well done.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Would it have been implausible in the early sixties for a teenager, especially a girl, to have left school and gone into work at sixteen? I don't think anything in the early Spider-man comics suggests that the age difference between Peter and Betty is viewed as odd or problematic.
    A small age gap in general isn't seen as problematic usually. But yeah, low paying intern-like jobs used to be considered normal for teens.