Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb How would you bring back the JUSTICE LEAGUE?

If you could bring back the JL, how would you do it and how would they be different from the Titans now that they’re positioned as the top dogs?

For me:
    TITANS: The most popular/approachable team. The ones who are always available and who people can actually contact for help. They’re less removed from regular citizens and would have channels people from all over the world could use to ask for protection. Because of this, the Titans would mostly deal with threats that are already directly affecting the population.
    HQ: Titans Tower (I even think it would be cool if they had like three separate towers spread across the world).
    Members: The current team, possibly with a spin-off to handle missions that need discretion, lead by Arsenal and starring Tempest, Omen, Jericho, Ravager, Grace and Thunder.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Gods among men. They all have busy solo careers and don’t have as much time to dedicate to the JL. Now that the Titans have stepped up, the JL gathers only in times of great global or cosmic crisis or when one of their members needs assistance. They have systems to ascertain if their action is needed and would count with the help of at least one member on monitor duty at all times.
    HQ: The JL Satellite. The Hall of Justice would be used as a museum and as training ground for new recruits.

Members: Martian Manhunter (leader), Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Vixen, Zatanna, Green Lantern (Hal or John), Flash (Barry), Aquaman, Hawkgirl (Kendra), Atom (Ryan Choi), Tomorrow Woman.

The whole team would be 12 members, but they would rotate according to availability and the needs of each mission.
    The less “popular” members would each gain expanded roles to keep them on par with the big guns:
    - Martian Manhunter: new team leader (about time)
    - Vixen: UN liaison and leader of the Global Guardians
    - Zatanna: leader of JLD/Shadowpact
    - Hawkgirl: director of the JL museum and mentor to new generations
    - Atom: the lead scientist and engineer
    - Tomorrow Woman: in charge of threat assessment systems

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The JL should always be the top dogs and feature just about every superhero not aligned with any other supergroup. The Trinity and the other characters up their in popularity should be the anchors, but need not always be seen on an individual basis in every comic. Basically, the satellite years model, but bigger and more inclusive.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I’m open to pretty much any manner of bringing them back and establishing them, but I’d REALLY like the powers that be to scale back the on the “entire multiverse hangs in the balance” scenarios.

Not everything needs to be a Crisis™ to be interesting.

New threat obliterates Titans and big 7 reform to save the day. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m open to pretty much any manner of bringing them back and establishing them, but I’d REALLY like the powers that be to scale back the on the “entire multiverse hangs in the balance” scenarios.

Not everything needs to be a Crisis™ to be interesting.
    I'm opposite to new line-wide events, but I like standalone epic JL stories. As long as they're contained in the JL ongoing and well-written, I don't mind. But I'd certainly avoid another "Crisis". I want more stories about the Multiverse, but as long as they're additive and actually explore the alternate Earths. I don't want their existence to be constantly in question.
    (In my head canon DCU, Barry Allen would have his own book where he'd be exploring the Multiverse while still using Earth 0 as base and home).

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    The purpose of the thread is discussing how they can coexist without completely undermining the current status of the Titans

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd have the JLA be more like the Morrison era and mostly just have them as a global strike-force for the biggest threats. Essentially, every story is an almost self-contained, high stakes mini-Crisis.

No need for a big re-introduction, everyone knows who they are, just do a Midsummer's Nightmare (but better) to reintroduce the team and we're off!

Very little character drama and relationship building, leave that to the Titans and Young Justice/Teen Titans, the JLA are just the big guns to tackle the big threats.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-13-2023 at 07:52 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    ^^^Man that’s a total kick in the nuts to Titans fans. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm opposite to new line-wide events, but I like standalone epic JL stories. As long as they're contained in the JL ongoing and well-written, I don't mind. But I'd certainly avoid another "Crisis". I want more stories about the Multiverse, but as long as they're additive and actually explore the alternate Earths. I don't want their existence to be constantly in question.
    (In my head canon DCU, Barry Allen would have his own book where he'd be exploring the Multiverse while still using Earth 0 as base and home).
    ^^^What you’re putting forward is something I could get behind, I simply don’t trust DC not to ruin it by going too big.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd have the JLA be more like the Morrison era and mostly just have them as a global strike-force for the biggest threats. Essentially, every story is an almost self-contained, high stakes mini-Crisis.

No need for a big re-introduction, everyone knows who they are, just do a Midsummer's Nightmare (but better) to reintroduce the team and we're off!

Very little character drama and relationship building, leave that to the Titans and Young Justice/Teen Titans, the JLA are just the big guns to tackle the big threats.
    ^^^I'd be okay w. this too, except that last part.
    Even if the team is just the Big 7, theres no reason they can’t build on their relationships in a JL book.

If the team has members outside the Big 7 then a JL book is where they’d get characterization.

Since they've tried and pretty much failed at other "keeping an eye on the bigger multiveral threats" type teams, I would make that the mission statement of this new Justice League. The Titans protect earth, on the ground and start to operate more like the JLU with a loose association of a couple dozen members ready at a moment's notice. The JL goes anywhere there are threats to existence. Load the team with big guns:
    - Supergirl
    - Green Lantern (Hal)
    - Flash (Wally)
    - Wonder Woman
    - Martian Manhunter
    - Orion
    - Dr Fate
    - Dr Light (post Dark Crisis upgrade)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm also of the camp that not every mission needs to be world/existance-ending. I'm good with threats like Amazo, Starbreaker, Shaggy Man, the Legion of Doom, or Rex Maximus & his Animal-men. As for the team, I'd like the following roster:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Green Lantern(Hal & John)
    Flash(Barry)
    Martian Manhunter
    Atom(Ray)
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow(Ollie)
    Black Canary
    Hawkwoman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Dr. Light
    Steel
    Black Lightning
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I"d have them all go out for a beer and say "so, back in business"?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Titans are the public point person team for any day-in, day-out threats. Imagine modern iterations of what the League faced in the first 100 issues of its original run, that's what the Titans are facing now.

The League, on the other hand, is everywhere. It has dozens of members across the globe and assign them to jobs based upon that job's requirements...somewhere between the JLU setup and Mission: Impossible. It can be anything from squelching a move on New Genesis by Apokolips to covertly infiltrating Checkmate HQ for a hard drive. If you absolutely need the Trinity to appease the fanboys who can't accept the team without them, then put them in the "command center" position, selecting the members and doling out the assignments (not that they can't go on them themselves). While I don't think every League job should be some new Crisis, I think they should have a regular, permanent presence and should always be active, with multiple assignments going on at once.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 09-13-2023 at 09:28 AM.

The big names stay retired, but Doctor Light assembles a group of second stringers and legacies (think JLI) to deal with an incident while the Titans and JSA are busy dealing with other incidents.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd stick with the Morrison idea of the JLA facing cosmic crises while the Titans and other teams handle more Earth-based stuff.

Core Team:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash (Wally)
    Aquaman
    Steel (John Henry Irons)
    Firehawk (Lorraine Reilly)

A GL would always be a member of the team, but would rotate out as the story dictates.

Finally, a new character (not related to/using the name or powers of Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman) would emerge that is so powerful, the JLA grant her membership to keep an eye on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm also of the camp that not every mission needs to be world/existance-ending. I'm good with threats like Amazo, Starbreaker, Shaggy Man, the Legion of Doom, or Rex Maximus & his Animal-men.
    ^^^THANK you. I’m usually really alone whenever I suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Green Lantern(Hal & John)
    Flash(Barry)
    Martian Manhunter
    Atom(Ray)
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow(Ollie)
    Black Canary
    Hawkwoman
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Dr. Light
    Steel
    Black Lightning
    ^^^That's a line up! Reminds me of the animated JLUnlimited line up!