Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I definitely am hoping for some fun crazy stuff using DCU continuity - heck, give Kong ties to Grodd, or Godzilla ties to the New Gods, etc. but I'm concerned the Elseworlds label will just give them an excuse to kill some heroes in a gruesome manner.
    ^^^The Mod Gorilla Boss tries to recruit Kong into his gang.

Godzilla swims by Atlantis and looks over, looks back and keeps going. Giant sigh of relief bubble over entire Kingdom.

I definitely am hoping for some fun crazy stuff using DCU continuity - heck, give Kong ties to Grodd, or Godzilla ties to the New Gods, etc. but I'm concerned the Elseworlds label will just give them an excuse to kill some heroes in a gruesome manner.
    I feel like that's almost certain....but maybe DCeased and Vampires and Injustice just cast long shadows. Feels like somebody always dies in a Godzilla or Kong movie so I'm sure somebody's gonna, and it's gonna be gruesome because kaiju are always eating people, or knocking buildings over on them. But I dunno if it's gonna go beyond the pale, y'know? Not familiar with Buccellato's writing so I don't know what to expect from him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

i like the Satellite Years of the JLA I'd have a 25 member team have have em rotate members by the adventure.my idea team

Wonder Woman
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Dr Light
    Black Canary
    Mera
    Hawkwoman-Shayera
    Empress-anita fite
    Gypsy
    Firehawk
    Superman
    Batman
    Aquaman
    Hawkman-katar
    Martain Manhunter
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Arrow
    Red Tornado
    Black Lightning
    Geo Force
    Firestorm-Jason
    Vibe
    Jericho
    Bronze Tiger

I was out on my daily walk and thought about this thread.

Here's my new idea:

Launch a new JL title with the Big 7 in a five-issue arc that seems to be a usual, by-the-numbers JL story. Hint a few times throughout that something's not quite right with the team members.

In the climax of the fifth issue, reveal that the JL is, in fact, the Crime Syndicate. They've managed to take over the roles of their counterparts in the JL.

Unravel the mystery of what became of the Big 7 and how they were replaced by the Crime Syndicate while exploring the nefarious endgame of the CS: first, take over Earth-Zero, and then, the Multiverse (or Multiverses or whatever the status is today)!

If executed by a really talented writer, this could run for a good while, maybe even twelve issues. Certain characters would notice something's off and might address their suspicions in their own titles. Meanwhile, characters like family members of the Big 7 would have to be off the table somehow, too. After all, they'd be a liability to the CS' plan. Maybe they're imprisoned somewhere with the League?

It's not a completely original idea, but it could be a strong story if the right creators are involved.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Tthe Future State Suicide Squad explored that route. And Amanda Waller was the person behind that, so it would not be something out of the field.
    But it would be really funny if that rumour was real and inded a "Villains - or anti-heroes- masquerading as the heroes" is the option taken. Specially now than Marvel dropped what was the core of the Thunderbolts to transform them into the "moviestars" team.
    Oh,yeah? Who did Waller's team consist of?
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    I was out on my daily walk and thought about this thread.

Here's my new idea:

Launch a new JL title with the Big 7 in a five-issue arc that seems to be a usual, by-the-numbers JL story. Hint a few times throughout that something's not quite right with the team members.

In the climax of the fifth issue, reveal that the JL is, in fact, the Crime Syndicate. They've managed to take over the roles of their counterparts in the JL.

Unravel the mystery of what became of the Big 7 and how they were replaced by the Crime Syndicate while exploring the nefarious endgame of the CS: first, take over Earth-Zero, and then, the Multiverse (or Multiverses or whatever the status is today)!

If executed by a really talented writer, this could run for a good while, maybe even twelve issues. Certain characters would notice something's off and might address their suspicions in their own titles. Meanwhile, characters like family members of the Big 7 would have to be off the table somehow, too. After all, they'd be a liability to the CS' plan. Maybe they're imprisoned somewhere with the League?

It's not a completely original idea, but it could be a strong story if the right creators are involved.
    That sounds pretty cool, actually. Kind of a 'Thunderbolts' reveal! I like the idea that various other heroes might get some idea that something is weird about this 'Justice League,' perhaps a little too angry, a little unnecessarily violent or causing a bit more property damage (and only reluctantly bothering to 'clean up' after themselves), and / or being snippy or curt with fellow heroes who they should be friendlier with...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Oh,yeah? Who did Waller's team consist of?
    Waller's team, called Justice Squad and operating on earth 3 consisted of:

Clayface posing as Martian Manhunter;
    Fisherman posing as Aquaman
    Hipnotia (as Hypnotic Woman) posing as Wonder Woman
    Talon (one of them, don't ask which one) posing as Batman
    Bolt (seen in Titans Academy, I think) replacing The Flash
    Kon-El (maybe) posing as Superman.
    No lantern of any color was to be around.
    And of course, there was the good nice Walller from earth 3 who had been coherced to help the Waller from earth 0.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin