Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This thread got derailed pretty fast…

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This thread got derailed pretty fast…
    Much like DC as a whole . . .

Incredible Member

If you could bring back the JL, how would you do it and how would they be different from the Titans now that they’re positioned as the top dogs?

For me:
    TITANS: The most popular/approachable team. The ones who are always available and who people can actually contact for help. They’re less removed from regular citizens and would have channels people from all over the world could use to ask for protection. Because of this, the Titans would mostly deal with threats that are already directly affecting the population.
    HQ: Titans Tower (I even think it would be cool if they had like three separate towers spread across the world).
    Members: The current team, possibly with a spin-off to handle missions that need discretion, lead by Arsenal and starring Tempest, Omen, Jericho, Ravager, Grace and Thunder.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Gods among men. They all have busy solo careers and don’t have as much time to dedicate to the JL. Now that the Titans have stepped up, the JL gathers only in times of great global or cosmic crisis or when one of their members needs assistance. They have systems to ascertain if their action is needed and would count with the help of at least one member on monitor duty at all times.
    HQ: The JL Satellite. The Hall of Justice would be used as a museum and as training ground for new recruits.

Members: Martian Manhunter (leader), Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Vixen, Zatanna, Green Lantern (Hal or John), Flash (Barry), Aquaman, Hawkgirl (Kendra), Atom (Ryan Choi), Tomorrow Woman.

The whole team would be 12 members, but they would rotate according to availability and the needs of each mission.
    The less “popular” members would each gain expanded roles to keep them on par with the big guns:
    - Martian Manhunter: new team leader (about time)
    - Vixen: UN liaison and leader of the Global Guardians
    - Zatanna: leader of JLD/Shadowpact
    - Hawkgirl: director of the JL museum and mentor to new generations
    - Atom: the lead scientist and engineer
    - Tomorrow Woman: in charge of threat assessment systems
    Well, Batman told Nightwing he should be the one to deal with the Justice League. Dick says he has some ideas. But, appparently, the only idea he had was to just have the Titans take their place.
    How would I bring them back? I was thinking of it being Robin- Damian Wayne's -idea.

Incredible Member

When it comes to making a Justice League roster it tends to come down to a popularity contest. So, naturally, Batman will be on it.
    Guess it'll be a combination of having those most will know be it from the comic books, movies, t.v. shows or a combination of that.

Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)
    Robin (Damian Wayne)
    Shazam! (Billy Batson)
    Superman (Clark Kent)
    The Flash (Barry Allen)
    Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    Zatanna

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^She had a personality?
    She was noble, scrappy and brave. But I never understood what her powers were

Incredible Member

The purpose of the thread is discussing how they can coexist without completely undermining the current status of the Titans
    Not sure if he meant kill all of them. lol But I could see the Titans needing help as the JL typically have members that are OP. And the Titans usually don't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    She was noble, scrappy and brave. But I never understood what her powers were
    In the comics, Naomi has a tremendous amount of an unknown type of energy inside of her body. She can fire powerful energy blasts from her hands. This energy makes her, strong, durable and allows her to fly. She can also manifest a black and gold costume around her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    In the comics, Naomi has a tremendous amount of an unknown type of energy inside of her body. She can fire powerful energy blasts from her hands. This energy makes her, strong, durable and allows her to fly. She can also manifest a black and gold costume around her body.
    Can someone tell me why she didn't wear shoes? What was that about?

Btw, whether or not one liked Naomi per se, I do like the idea of bringing in a new character who established themselves somewhere outside the JL title. That way they come onto the team with a backstory and work having been done to establish who they are, as opposed to trying to introduce a totally new character in a JL title that's going to be crowded with other characters and whatever plot has to happen.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-16-2023 at 02:04 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Can someone tell me why she didn't wear shoes? What was that about?
    Quentin Tarantino kept stealing them?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    When it comes to making a Justice League roster it tends to come down to a popularity contest. So, naturally, Batman will be on it.
    Guess it'll be a combination of having those most will know be it from the comic books, movies, t.v. shows or a combination of that.

Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders)
    Robin (Damian Wayne)
    Shazam! (Billy Batson)
    Superman (Clark Kent)
    The Flash (Barry Allen)
    Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    Zatanna
    Oh, btw, this would be my team whereas -per my idea of Damian bringing back the team, his would no doubt be a lot different. If nothing else, I'd see him doing it just to show up Dick. lol

I've seen the position mentioned a few times that new characters are needed in the League because nothing can happen with the other "big" characters who have their own titles. But one thing that can happen with the "Big 7" is how their relationships develop with each other. You can have a whole arc about Superman and Aquaman's friendship in some way that doesn't have to touch either of their titles, but still be very compelling. Or, if fans get really into it, it could lead to a crossover between them or something - who knows? Hal and Barry have a great friendship that was mostly established from their time in the League. I'd love to see Hal's relationship with Diana explored because almost nothing has been done with them even though they've been on the team together for years, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I"d have them all go out for a beer and say "so, back in business"?
    Hah the League sitting in a bar and chatting about the world. I like it.

“Well we gave the Titans a shot at the big time but it seems like they’re once again just gonna attempt to relive their glory days. I guess we should reform the League. All in favor?”

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hah the League sitting in a bar and chatting about the world. I like it.

“Well we gave the Titans a shot at the big time but it seems like they’re once again just gonna attempt to relive their glory days. I guess we should reform the League. All in favor?”
    Unfortunately, it sounds like something Bendis would write . . .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've seen the position mentioned a few times that new characters are needed in the League because nothing can happen with the other "big" characters who have their own titles. But one thing that can happen with the "Big 7" is how their relationships develop with each other. You can have a whole arc about Superman and Aquaman's friendship in some way that doesn't have to touch either of their titles, but still be very compelling. Or, if fans get really into it, it could lead to a crossover between them or something - who knows? Hal and Barry have a great friendship that was mostly established from their time in the League. I'd love to see Hal's relationship with Diana explored because almost nothing has been done with them even though they've been on the team together for years, etc.
    I would 100% prefer to see 'the Big Three' spend more time individually relating to Arthur, Hal and Barry, than each other. I am *SO* tired of Clark and Bruce drama, or either of them will-they-won't-theying with Diana. Diana and Arthur have had moments and Clark and Barry, and it would be neat to see more of that. Or Barry and Bruce doing science stuff *together.* Hal and Clark doing a space mission that only they can do alone. Clark and Barry dashing to a distant location only they can reach in time. Diana and Arthur representing during a diplomatic scene, since despite very different personalities, both have more experience representing a *people* and a culture diplomatically, than any of the others. Hal and Arthur working underwater together. Etc.

I much prefer non-'Big Seven' League lineups with folks like Booster Gold, Ice, Vixen, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl and rando's like Element Woman and Equinox, but if I must have the Big Seven hogging every panel, at least *show me something new.* Not Clark and Bruce banging their dicks together for the 259821st time.

I'd like the team to return with a larger line-up of at least 12 members, that could be split into smaller teams for specific missions. Sort of like in the Satellite days or in Morrison'srun, when he expanded the team. My line up would be something like this:
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern (I'd prefer John Stewart)
    Flash
    Aquaman (though I'd be fine with Mera in his place)
    Martian Manhunter
    The Atom (preferably Ray Palmer, but I'd be okay with Ryan Choi)
    Zatana (magic wielder)
    Dr. Light (alongside the Atom, brings in much needed scientific expertise)
    Plastic Man
    Faith (a bit of "new blood" and lots of power. Someone whose story can be explored and to serve as the point of view character).

So, while you have the usual big guns, you have a couple of characters that you can freely develop without much problem, that way you can have both, big action and plenty of character development.

Peace