Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arnold is not much better actor than Lou but there is indeed a difference between the two men. Charisma and luck played a part.

Arnold has improved his accent much later after the Hercules film.

I'd imagine its as simple as him not getting offers to do movies. Lou's breakout role was in TV and I think he made such an impression as a big green monster that it was hard for anyone to see him as anything else.

Arnold's breakout role in Conan was a talking part, in contrast. I think that segues into other opportunities a whole lot better than being a monster does.

By the way, thoughts out to Lou Ferrigno, whose wife of over 40 years in in deep stages of dementia. As someone who has dealt with this with both my mom and my mother-in-law - he's got a long, difficult emotional battle ahead.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'd imagine its as simple as him not getting offers to do movies. Lou's breakout role was in TV and I think he made such an impression as a big green monster that it was hard for anyone to see him as anything else.

Arnold's breakout role in Conan was a talking part, in contrast. I think that segues into other opportunities a whole lot better than being a monster does.

By the way, thoughts out to Lou Ferrigno, whose wife of over 40 years in in deep stages of dementia. As someone who has dealt with this with both my mom and my mother-in-law - he's got a long, difficult emotional battle ahead.
    Oh no. That's heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

^^^Oh man thank you for sharing that so our thoughts can go out to him but damn that’s sad to hear.

Nobody remembers Trauma Center? Just asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6f7knBvh7M

were the Hercules movies released theatrically in the 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I saw the latter on home video, so I can't really say. IIRC it had decent production values for the time and genre, so it probably was at least intended for a theatrical release.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

If I recall, there was a Lou Hercules film that did get the multiplex treatment in the 80s. I agree with a lot of whatever else is saying here. Charisma, luck, perhaps drive. Being so tied to a television series, in the 80s, didn't help him either, because that might have led to typecasting. I also think Lou's speech impediment also factored in. He's a physical specimen so he had the muscles, but I don't know if he would've been able to deliver on the quips like Arnold, Sly, Bruce, and others did.