Astonishing Member

Default X-force 44 synops spoiler

As we open domino is on the hunt trying to find Mikael,
    She cuts off a guy's finger but is injured by one of orcrist wolverine bots. Sage saves her.
    Black tom is there medic now and is using I and not we because he can't tap in to krakoa as easily before.

Sage and domino, sage is drinking tea insted of vodka, but has to pee more. The ring is connected to somting and sage dosent want anyone saying Mikael name untill they know what.

There's is a data page where they go over his painting, and relises of anyone looked at them long enough they would have know he was being controlled.

With Mikael and colossus.
    They have x force captured.
    Quire powers aren't working and is in a normal cell, omega is being toruchered, and laura is thrown in a arena and killing there soldier.

With Chronicler. His power need a connection to work and if he moves to a new project without a proper ending for his old one, they might die.

Mikael plans to have him controll orcrust members and drop colossus. Chronicler dosent want to and can't because he dosent understand the orcrust members.

Mikael: fine colossus will kidnap them for you and if he dies he dies

Also there was a part where domino says xforce was stupid and a wast but sage says they were on the verge of greatness soon. I though it was commentary on how xforce was dragging its feet for a while

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was ok. I give it a 7/10.

I like that Mikhail wants to go after Orchis using the Chronicler. Now, THAT would be interesting.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    With Chronicler. His power need a connection to work and if he moves to a new project without a proper ending for his old one, they might die.
    Wait, does that mean that Beast was a part of his old project since he was controlling him during the whole Terra Verde incident(and controlling Jean briefly too) and made him accuse Colossus of being a spy? Or is this a case of Percy simply dropping a plot he didn't want anymore?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wait, does that mean that Beast was a part of his old project since he was controlling him during the whole Terra Verde incident(and controlling Jean briefly too) and made him accuse Colossus of being a spy? Or is this a case of Percy simply dropping a plot he didn't want anymore?
    Eeehhhh....I am gonna go with option B, sadly.

BANNED

Is he still not resolving the Beast thing? Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Is he still not resolving the Beast thing? Good grief
    He's going to start it again this Jan. in X-Force #48, and finish it off with a TP in April.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

When is Wolverine (Logan) showing up to rescue them? He was shown on one of the upcoming covers of this arc.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    When is Wolverine (Logan) showing up to rescue them? He was shown on one of the upcoming covers of this arc.
    Probably 47 or 48. He breaks them out. Proving the whole of xforce can't accomplish anything. Then goes after hank. Mikael dies off panel or isn't delt with because has bad as the hank plot is its more entertaining then Mikael and I'd rather see paranoid hank go bat shit insane then evil Russian #32147
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 09-14-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Sounds good. Thanks.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Chronicler mentions it's because of how long he's been writing Piotr. If he just stops after all this time Piotr could go into a coma or die.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was a very strong issue. Especially the intro pages with Domino trying to stay hidden from Orchis fit the book's (sometimes) black ops tone very well.

Is it me or the Chronicler's words about how it would be a disappointment if he just dropped control over Piotr now sounded a bit meta? It felt like Percy was almost addressing the readers and asking for their patience with this long-simmering sub-plot... or perhaps I'm just reading too much into it. Anyway I'm happy it's now come to the forefront and I'm looking forward to seeing what Mikhail's next move is.

After 30ish useless issues, finally, we have the plot that matters developed.
    It was a good one. It's interesting the idea of Mikhail using the Chronicler to control Orchis at the same time that the Chronicler is trying to control Mikhail.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Chronicler mentions it's because of how long he's been writing Piotr. If he just stops after all this time Piotr could go into a coma or die.
    Would be good if Piotr died again rather than constantly being destroyed.

He’s died more times than most characters anyway.

Should have left him be the artist after the Siege Perilous.

All been shite for him since 1992 or so apart from a few shags.

Twice this year Laura has been captured and thrown in a fighting pit. Girl havin some bad luck