Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Trade a Marvel character for a DC character

I got this idea from the NFL & a Captain Britain from Earth 20I post (shout out) if you could trade one character from Marvel to DC, who would you trade for?
    My mine is simple Jessica Drew aka Spiderwoman for Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl aka Oracle, it could show a unique perspective on each character's perception of each universe it would be an interesting mini series.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I got this idea from the NFL & a Captain Britain from Earth 20I post (shout out) if you could trade one character from Marvel to DC, who would you trade for?
    My mine is simple Jessica Drew aka Spiderwoman for Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl aka Oracle, it could show a unique perspective on each character's perception of each universe it would be an interesting mini series.
    So in this scenario something would happen where both characters knew they were being transported to a different universe leaving behind everyone they knew? (as opposed to the swapped characters being retconned seamlessly into their new universes)

My choices are Flashfoward for barry flash or mantis for willow.

Nightwing for Iron Fist.
    Flash for Quicksilver
    Wonder Woman for She-hulk
    Martian manhunter for Venom
    Professor Morrow for Hank Pym.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Red Tornado for the Vision.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Sentry to DC, because I don’t like Sentry, and at DC he’d likely end up rooming w. Triumph.

Vic Sage to Marvel, because I like The Question and Marvel treats their street levelers way better than DC does their non-Batfamily street levelers.

Astonishing Member

Captain America to DC as DC is better at using Golden Age heroes and he'd fit in with the JSA and Superman.

Send Lex Luthor to Marvel where he can go head to head with guys like Stark, Doom and Richards. Plus it is Superman-free so Lex can possibly show what he can accomplish without that rivalry to split his focus

Retired

Swamp Thing for Man-Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Vic Sage to Marvel, because I like The Question and Marvel treats their street levelers way better than DC does their non-Batfamily street levelers.
    I love the idea of The Question teaming up with Daredevil on a case that also involves their alter egos.

The Question uncovering a Hydra conspiracy then teaming up with Black Widow? Yes please.

Jessica Jones having to work with The Question on a case and getting totally annoyed with him the entire time? I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I love the idea of The Question teaming up with Daredevil on a case that also involves their alter egos.

The Question uncovering a Hydra conspiracy then teaming up with Black Widow? Yes please.

Jessica Jones having to work with The Question on a case and getting totally annoyed with him the entire time? I can see it.
    ^^^Yes, yes, and hell yes.

Ben Reilly to DC and Conner Kent to Marvel - Give them both some breathing room

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Ben Reilly to DC and Conner Kent to Marvel - Give them both some breathing room
    ^^^Conner would so fit in w. Marvel’s young adult heroes.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Captain America to DC as DC is better at using Golden Age heroes and he'd fit in with the JSA and Superman.

Send Lex Luthor to Marvel where he can go head to head with guys like Stark, Doom and Richards. Plus it is Superman-free so Lex can possibly show what he can accomplish without that rivalry to split his focus
    Stark & Richards would ask Lex to join the Illumanti & Captain America would be a great addition to the JSA hands down
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Well, are we talking, like, there's a Secret Crisis of Infinite Civil Wars and when the dust settles a couple people have traded places? Or are we talking retconning things like the character has always been on their new earth? Are they bringing their cast, rogues, and mythos with them or are they basically homeless, cut off from everything? Is this a forever change or a temporary story?

Lot of MU characters I'd like to see in DC. The Panther. Magneto. Spider-Gwen. Cap. Can we make the Inhumans a DC thing? But there aren't as many DC guys I'd like to see jump ship. Black Canary. I think she'd be fantastic at Marvel. Bring me the Canary-Dazzler global concert tour! Lex would be good at Marvel and I'd love to see him meet Doom. Cyborg, if the pitch was right. Red Hood and the Outlaws in the MU would be fun. Barry would fit right in with the Reeds, Banners, and Starks of the world, even if Barry's not a super genius. Diana could be fun, but I don't know if Marvel would handle her any better than DC really. I'd be down for trying though, it likely wouldn't be any worse than what DC typically does and could be considerably better, and it'd be fun to see Diana meet Thor and Steve Rogers. I'd actually support a romance between Diana and Steve, if they met.

But if I had to pick just one trade, I guess it's gonna be swapping Spider-Man for Superman. I think that could be a lot of fun, and have huge ramifications and implications on both worlds.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-15-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Batman to the MU. Thor to the DCU.