Default Solo follow-up disney plus series Lando dead--Now a movie!

Solo movie disney plus series lando has been killed--and turned into a movie! Lol. We are getting solo 2 after all with lando as the lead!

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/l...rs-1235723736/

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Solo movie disney plus series lando has been killed--and turned into a movie! Lol. We are getting solo 2 after all with lando as the lead!

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/l...rs-1235723736/
    IMHO Solo should have been a Lando film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Same.

I will, however, take whatever more Glover Lando I can get in any form!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I guess there's some potential there. The Sequel trilogy in particular had a plot thread that was cut from ROS but still in Disney canon elsewhere-that he had a daughter sometime after the events of ROTJ, but she was taken by the first order to be turned into a Stormtrooper. There seemed to be a bit of a possibility the daughter was Jannah but Disney has denied that.

Of course they could try deepfaking Billy Dee Williams for post-ROTJ, but presumably just getting Glover would work better I think.

Also he had a relationship with Holdo although it's unclear whether that's where the daughter comes from. Other possibilities include Kaasha (A Twi'lek) or even Sana.

Or maybe learning more about his own mother who he seems to hold in much esteem in SOLO? Yvette Nicole Brown might work as a good choice.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

What ever Glover does is good by me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

I like the idea of a Lando movie more than a series. I agree with the idea that Solo should've been a Lando movie. It seems like one of the flaws of the Disney Plus Star Wars series-that I've seen (and I have not seen any Ahsoka)-is that they don't have enough story for all of their episodes. So, a Lando movie hopefully won't have that problem. I also hope that Billy Dee Williams is involved in some way.

Anything that gives us more Lando is good with me. I'd honestly prefer a show, that's been where Star Wars really stands out lately, but I'm good with a movie too. Anything that gives us more Glover and/or Williams. With luck, the movie will use both actors and tell a story split between time periods. Maybe pick up the threads from Solo and use Ki'ra and Crimson Dawn?

Do we know who's running things? Fingers crossed for Filoni. The Glovers wouldn't be directing on top of writing would they?

Actually, how legit is this? The article sys Disney confirmed the news, but....doesn't seem like the franchise, or Disney in general, is in a place where we can trust any of their plans to actually happen.....
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-23-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Marvel comics which (at this point at least) are canon dealt with Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn a bit the last few years. They left with Crimson Dawn in bad shape and Qi'ra mostly hiding/self-exile, but certainly that kind of thing happens a lot in Star Wars so she can always come back somewhere.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Disney gives Glover creative freedom than his project will be great.