Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #34 Preview

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default ASM #34 Preview

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 09-14-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member

Why just why.
    Tired.

BANNED

‘Take the tunnel, he’ll throw you off that bridge.’

Has Zeb Wells finally come up with the goods?
    Last edited by hobnob; 09-14-2023 at 12:03 PM.

Mighty Member

OH boy we're doing the worst case scenario!

I hate it when I'm right.

Also the dialogue isn't great here. And what's petty about having the love of your life stolen from you? Ugh.

Of course Jackpot will fight Spider-Goblin, saving the wonderful character of Paul. What a surprise.

Spectacular Member

The "take the tunnel" line is probably the single best moment on the Wells run so far. As for the rest, we know how it will go: MJ now with proper reasons to be hostile to Peter, even though MJ being hostile to Peter for no reason is what led to this to begin with and will remain forever unexplained while apologists say that everything clicks now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fjmac View Post
    The "take the tunnel" line is probably the single best moment on the Wells run so far. As for the rest, we know how it will go: MJ now with proper reasons to be hostile to Peter, even though MJ being hostile to Peter for no reason is what led to this to begin with and will remain forever unexplained while apologists say that everything clicks now.
    Probably accurate.

He’s set up some good ideas but I’m nothing but disappointed by the resolution of them so far.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    Of course Jackpot will fight Spider-Goblin, saving the wonderful character of Paul. What a surprise.
    Because I'm stupid, I'm hoping that this is the only appearance of them in this story, and they will disappear with Peter unable to catch them and it's just a giant fight with Norman for the rest of the story.

But this is reality, where we're going to get declarations of Love from MJ about Paul to Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by fjmac View Post
    Boy if this doesn't sound completely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    But this is reality, where we're going to get declarations of Love from MJ about Paul to Peter.
    Disgusting.

This looks like self-parody. Intentional self-parody.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This looks like self-parody. Intentional self-parody.
    It's a Robot Chicken script.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Peter is finally going after Paul
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter is finally going after Paul
    In b4 its a crappy fakeout where we get 2 issues of peter fighting norman before he takes the sins back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Because I'm stupid, I'm hoping that this is the only appearance of them in this story, and they will disappear with Peter unable to catch them and it's just a giant fight with Norman for the rest of the story.

Boy if this doesn't sound completely spot on.
    I am not reading that comic. Why? I would need a few trips to the potty and a bottle of Pepto Bismo from being sick to my stomach from such BS. The only thing this year that has pissed me off more then Wells run has been Yankee Season ( and even that had a few highlights like a Perfect Game).

What an awful preview!!!