Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: ASM #34 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    and her motivation is centered around dead kids only she actually cared about.
    And they were fake kids on top of it

Maybe we'll get lucky and we sat through this so Norman can be definitively killed with zero chance of resurrection. Like he gets shot into the sun or something.

*looks around*

Yeah probably not. The goblin serum would probably just cause him to tan and he'll be back cackling next week with a new temporary face again.

Honestly, I still think future writers are going to have to massively retcon this run. They'll have little choice in the matter.

Meanwhile, Marvel is still marking Peter x MJ as THE couple of the Marvel Universe while they publish this run. Just utterly baffling what is going on at Marvel.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...ok-on-sale-now

Peter and MJ are marketed as "The Lovers" in this.

Why are they wasting our time on this Paul storyline?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Honestly, I still think future writers are going to have to massively retcon this run. They'll have little choice in the matter.

Meanwhile, Marvel is still marking Peter x MJ as THE couple of the Marvel Universe while they publish this run. Just utterly baffling what is going on at Marvel.

Enrage to engage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

At this point, it really is just a handful of guys vs. the entire world. It just so happens all those guys are in charge of the comics.

I bet you there are already writers at Marvel brainstorming in their heads how to retcon this.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    At this point, it really is just a handful of guys vs. the entire world. It just so happens all those guys are in charge of the comics.
    ...or it's just the people on this board vs the World. Just saying (even as a Pete x MJ fan).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    ...or it's just the people on this board vs the World. Just saying (even as a Pete x MJ fan).
    That would be true only if the Spider-Man comics didn't look off brand right now even relative to everything else (ATSV, Insomniac, MCU, etc.), and if your average Joe didn't consider MJ to be Spidey's Lois Lane by now.

BANNED

I don’t think Peter&MJ fans are as small in number as people like to assume. The ‘silent majority’ isn’t a social phenomenon, it’s a political slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Terry was a blatant self-insert, I wonder if Paul is the selfinsert of someone
    Paul is inserting himself into MJ
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    That would be true only if the Spider-Man comics didn't look off brand right now even relative to everything else (ATSV, Insomniac, MCU, etc.), and if your average Joe didn't consider MJ to be Spidey's Lois Lane by now.
    It does seem to currently be the best-selling book on the market.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    And the market does seem to be in terminal decline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As we have discussed many, many times:

1. It isn't and the market (especially with Marvel) seems to be in decline.

2. Even if it was, it's meaningless and wouldn't say anything given we are talking about a "too big to fail" book.

I've shared before, "Marvel" isn't a monolith. There are people at Marvel that are fans of the couple and the marriage. There are writers that are on record saying they loved writing married Peter. Even Stan Lee himself said it was always his intent to have Peter grow up and get married, and I'm making a fairly safe assumption that he might have a good grasp of the character. I've SPOKEN to more than few writers who shared how much writing for the marriage meant to them.

And I've shared that the support for the marriage, and the complaints with the post-OMD status quo, extend far beyond this board. It's a sentiment shared on Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, other comic forums, general discussions, my own local comic shop, and even brought up in Hollywood movies as a stupid thing that Marvel did. It's a mainstream sentiment.

Ultimately, I also acknowledge that a certain segment is against their marriage and relationship... and those people are currently the ones with the power to keep that status quo in place.

That's a bummer. It really is, but I've lived through more than 7 EiC change-overs, all with their own personal biases and opinions, and the crew in charge now won't be forever. Who knows what the next leadership brings to the table?

As is, I would very much argue that if my 80 year old grandmother can (and did) tell me that Mary Jane is Spider-Man's one true love, it's definitely a generally accepted sentiment.

This has been a fun arc so far. The concept of hero went rogue because of a villain's shenanigans is a common place in superhero comicbooks, but one that is usually entertaining at least. Sure, Patrick Gleason's art certainly helps, I'm a big fan of his style, but Wells' script is okay. I think Kraven's objective could have been worked out better; instead, we get yet another rehash of Kraven's Last Hunt.

Peter unplugging Tombstone and then burst out laughing while he swings through the air is so cheesy that it's good
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-02-2023 at 12:06 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Amazing Member

Lets see how the preview will be this week, if they release it or not.
    They haven't revealed yet what is in those spiders that bombs released, and a small detail no one hasn't noticed yet is that Mary Jane and Paul aren't wearing seatbelts in all panels.

And there is a good chance that both got injured, since one of the spider-pumpkin bombs exploded on Mary Jane's side.