Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Y'know, this didn't really occur to me at the time I was reading the last issue, but it is AWFULLY convenient that the person Azazel of all people just happened to leave behind was Warren, who is a descendant of or parallel to the Cheyarafim that Azazel and his faction of mutants historically opposed. Mayhaps somebody is not over losing that ancient war of his - it makes sense for Azazel's character to take a long view of things and not really be all that bothered by what's going on with Orchis, convinced he'll survive....so why not use the opportunity to settle some old grudges or build a powerbase for what comes after mutantkind survives Fall of X?

so it looks like Madelyne from Assahi is going to resurrect Alex and her demon twin Warren.... interesting. I wonder if Gambit knows something that Maggot doesn't, or doesn't really care.

Maggott looks GOOD !
    I'm not sure I like Emplate being reduced to a bodyguard. I hope he kills Azazel and eats him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Maggott looks GOOD !
    I'm not sure I like Emplate being reduced to a bodyguard. I hope he kills Azazel and eats him.
    I am very curious about the mention issue one made of the St. Croix family having some kind of history or debt to pay to Azazel, which is what led Emplate to work for him apparently. Very interested to see when that history was and what it entailed.

Not the strongest preview yet. Pretty much the two things I liked was Maggot being upset and Maddie being a mess over Alex. But the rest… well Goblin Queen is as interesting as she can be, which is not much. Warren in her hands just seems to be more possessed and repeat of his horseman days, with a demon remix this time. I am just over that.

It seems Remy actually left Warren without any plan. That’s a bummer and if so then the execution in issue 1 was clunky. I am all for a Maggot here and I agree with him which sucks because this doesn’t reflect that great on Remy. It’s good that he cares and Foxe shows us that but Remy is bumbling to much. I am bored of bumbling Remy.

Bah I will buy this issue but it will need to deliver and issue 3 really needs to deliver if Marvel wants me to read through a freaking Chasm issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    so it looks like Madelyne from Assahi is going to resurrect Alex and her demon twin Warren.... interesting. I wonder if Gambit knows something that Maggot doesn't, or doesn't really care.
    I read it as Remy not having any backup plan regarding Warren. So not that great or encouraging to read on.

Azazel lol is hilarious Emplate is a glorified Vampire Bodyguard lol
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I read it as Remy not having any backup plan regarding Warren. So not that great or encouraging to read on.
    It could be Gambit reading the situation. These "X-men" are not heroes and he knows they aren't likely to take risks to save people that does not coincide with their direct interests. So his choices are abandon Warren or stay behind and get captured along with him. Considering Orchis has been capturing mutants instead of killing them on sight, the smarter move is to abandon him and try to rescue him later.

So many trench coats...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    So many trench coats...
    You made me spit out my tea of laughter. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    It could be Gambit reading the situation. These "X-men" are not heroes and he knows they aren't likely to take risks to save people that does not coincide with their direct interests. So his choices are abandon Warren or stay behind and get captured along with him. Considering Orchis has been capturing mutants instead of killing them on sight, the smarter move is to abandon him and try to rescue him later.
    Do we know that? I mean the official version is that Orchis killed over 250000 mutants. Does Remy know that captured mutants are not killed or experimented on? I get logically why he might diffuse the Maggot situation like that but I think we need to hear a more stronger reaction to Warren being left for dead or worse. Unless there is a plan ofc but if so we need hints about that.

I hope we are not in for a mini where Remy is diffusing situations because as deranged as Maddie's X-men are they are better then being out on the streets. Because that sounds like a rather boring Remy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Do we know that? I mean the official version is that Orchis killed over 250000 mutants. Does Remy know that captured mutants are not killed or experimented on? I get logically why he might diffuse the Maggot situation like that but I think we need to hear a more stronger reaction to Warren being left for dead or worse. Unless there is a plan ofc but if so we need hints about that.

I hope we are not in for a mini where Remy is diffusing situations because as deranged as Maddie's X-men are they are better then being out on the streets. Because that sounds like a rather boring Remy.
    Aside from the Mutants that walked through the gates, Orchis has been publicly rounding Mutants up and sending them to Arakko. We've seen this in all the other minis and mainline books. Yes the X-Men are operating under the assumption that Orchis killed those mutants, but out in the public where rest of the world can see we have not seen Orchis behave in that matter. Fact of the matter is there was nothing Gambit could do about that situation, he cannot teleport people out and Maddie clearly had her priorities in leaving and it's likely she would have left the others behind if they didn't quickly tag along.

It seems the team will be split up soon as the solicit for #3 talks about Gambit trying to save "his unruly half of the squad." Perhaps once Havok is stabilized they split up with one side trying to rescue Angel.