Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Ah, seems like only yesterday we were b—ching about how Betsy and Co, with the exception of Meggan, really didn’t seem all that bothered by Gambit being dead. At least they dragged his body away…

I miss that ‘found family feeling’ we used to get in x-books. Everyone just leaves bodies strewn everywhere now and it’s like: shrug.

Anyway, reserving judgement. Art looks good, even if it’s gory/disgusting. Poor Blue Bird, I’m scared for him.
    To be fair we were being snarky about Betsy and Rachel who were much more interested in their budding relationship than finding Gambit. The equivalent here would be us complaining about Maddie and Alex abandoning Warren, but I don't think any of us would do that because we don't have expectations from those two to care. Well maybe Alex would care but he wasn't in a situation to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    To be fair we were being snarky about Betsy and Rachel who were much more interested in their budding relationship than finding Gambit. The equivalent here would be us complaining about Maddie and Alex abandoning Warren, but I don't think any of us would do that because we don't have expectations from those two to care. Well maybe Alex would care but he wasn't in a situation to do so.
    Also to be fair, I would look for any opportunity to kvetch about Excalibur. But in particular when it came to Gambit.

Maggot will be proved right in the end because this decision to ditch Angel is going to have obvious consequences for our DXM team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So far I'm not liking the previews as my two favorites in the book are getting treated badly and fear that the writer won't fix things at the end of the mini.
    Three of my favorite mutants are in this book as well, my top two, Alex and Maddy and Warren is in my top four (Bishop edges him out), none of them are depicted in the way I would like in issue #1 but as long as the book sells well, I have high hopes that that can be rectified by the end of the mini or (hopefully) in the ongoing that springs from this mini. Mini's have a story to tell in their arc so I don't expect the characters to be at the same point at the end as they are at the beginning so any snipes I have about initial treatments or depictions will be held in check until the story is finished because Maddy, Alex and Warren might be exactly where I want them to be by stories end.

Also to be fair, I would look for any opportunity to kvetch about Excalibur. But in particular when it came to Gambit.

Maggot will be proved right in the end because this decision to ditch Angel is going to have obvious consequences for our DXM team.
    I think that Gambit will lead half of team to save Archangel so it will end up normal that they didn`t return for him right after the teleportation.

Ultimate Member

Just a hunch that demon Maddy will end up leading a demon army against orchis and everyone else and they'll have to fix Warren in the end and the demon side or whatever will be another running problem for Warren like his Archangel side. Like the Phoenix for Jean.

Fantastic Member

For those who says Gambit callousness to Warren.
    Remy can't just command Azazel to teleport back to save Warren, and Azazel will say "Yes Boss", that is ooc.
    As we can see Remy is trying to talk with Maddy but she is too busy trying to heal Havok.

Yes, Maggot will most likely be proven right when Archangel is weaponized against DXM. But this mistake on the part of the Dark X-Men could lead to some interesting stories.

And as has been pointed out, it may have been Azazel who made the call to leave Warren behind, and on purpose. If that ends up being the case then you end up getting more stories out of Azazel's decision.

The only thing that was weird about the Remy scence was his line, "He knew the risks." Better for Gambit to say we need to regroup and come up with a plan.

Otherwise his response makes sense. Remy has always been pragmatic. This is a guy willing to betray the X-men and side with Sinister in order to save Rogue so wouldnt make sense for him to go off blindly to save Alex.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So in reference to Gambit's attitude. No two people grieve in the same way, and often buried grief looks like callousness.

And how old is Maggot here? I know for a lot of his time active he was a teen and his powers made him grow to look adult when he was using them or am I misremembering? I know he was 12 when Magneto discovered him in the desert and assume around the rest of Gen X age but does anyone have a better answer?
    In the Krakoa Era , all X-gene mutants who have died and resurrected by The Five are physically in their 20’s , the prime of the peak of their own physical youth LOL

But chronologically , if we use Scott Summers as the baseline for everyone else’s ages , as editorial does , and we follow Hickman’s argument that he was at least in his mid-30’s (roughly 35) by HOXPOX , and at least 2-3 years have passed since then (the 1st Hellfire Gala took place on Krakoa’s 1st year anniversary, and there have been 3 HG , with a year in between each) , then SS should be in his late ‘30’s by now (roughly 38) , and I imagine Generation X to be at least a decade younger (10 years) to a decade and a half younger (15 years) , then Maggott should be in his early-to-late-20’s by now (roughly 23 to 28) along with the rest of Generation X
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 09-16-2023 at 08:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    For those who says Gambit callousness to Warren.
    Remy can't just command Azazel to teleport back to save Warren, and Azazel will say "Yes Boss", that is ooc.
    As we can see Remy is trying to talk with Maddy but she is too busy trying to heal Havok.
    No love lost between 1980’s Horseman of Death and 2000’s Horseman of Death (Uncanny XMen 310, 1993) LOL

Attachment 134687
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 09-16-2023 at 08:45 AM.

I really enjoyed #1 and this looks good, but I really don't care about alt Goblyn Queen. The multiverse fatigue is more than settled in at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The only thing that was weird about the Remy scence was his line, "He knew the risks." Better for Gambit to say we need to regroup and come up with a plan.

Otherwise his response makes sense. Remy has always been pragmatic. This is a guy willing to betray the X-men and side with Sinister in order to save Rogue so wouldnt make sense for him to go off blindly to save Alex.
    But he did that ‘on his own’, because it was personal. He didn’t try to get a team involved (especially a team involving nightcrawler’s dumb dad, who no one can really trust anyway.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    In the Krakoa Era , all X-gene mutants who have died and resurrected by The Five are physically in their 20’s , the prime of the peak of their own physical youth LOL

But chronologically , if we use Scott Summers as the baseline for everyone else’s ages , as editorial does , and we follow Hickman’s argument that he was at least in his mid-30’s (roughly 35) by HOXPOX , and at least 2-3 years have passed since then (the 1st Hellfire Gala took place on Krakoa’s 1st year anniversary, and there have been 3 HG , with a year in between each) , then SS should be in his late ‘30’s by now (roughly 38) , and I imagine Generation X to be at least a decade younger (10 years) to a decade and a half younger (15 years) , then Maggott should be in his early-to-late-20’s by now (roughly 23 to 28) along with the rest of Generation X
    Ok that clears up his age but makes me have another question, what about the peoplethat were younger then there 20s, do they get resurrected around 20 years old? Physically not mentally. Adds more questions then answers haha

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Ahem
    (...)
    From the classic Trial of Gambit (Uncanny XMen 350, 1997)
    They're long since made peace.
    RCO021.jpg
    RCO022.jpg
    Gambit (1999), Annual 2000.

As I said in a previous post, I agree that the plan to not rush in is sound, and in character for Remy. It's the reaction that feels too cold.