Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics December 2023 Solicitations

Incredible Member

Redondo is leaving Nightwing soon, it seems. He's done a whopping 1 issue since #100, and this month he is doing Superman. Feels like he is moving on.

Also, no "Final Issue" on World's Finest Teen Titans #6. Did we ever get official confirmation it was changed to an on-going? Or just extended, like Green Arrow?

Also also, there is ZERO chance JSA #10 comes out in December as solicited. #9 has already been pushed back to the same release date.

Also also also, as of December, it will now be 19 months since an ongoing series with "Justice League" in the title has existed. I find that fascinating and a little weird.
    Last edited by sbp1972; 09-15-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Redondo is leaving Nightwing soon, it seems. He's done a whopping 1 issue since #100, and this month he is doing Superman. Feels like he is moving on.
    He said on twitter that he is only doing two issues of Superman.

Hopefully they aren't breaking the team that just got a eisner.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He said on twitter that he is only doing two issues of Superman.

Hopefully they aren't breaking the team that just got a eisner.
    Good to know. Still seems weird he's only done one issue of Nightwing in the last 6 months, but has fill in work on another title. I'd like to see a decent run of consecutive issues from him and Taylor.

Looks like just King's WW this month.

A Beast Boy centric Titans event written by Taylor is the biggest skip of the century.

Astonishing Member

I will have to wait for 4 chan to upload them. All the websites are crappy with lag.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

World’s Finest: Teen Titans was confirmed to be an ongoing now by Mark Waid himself apparently.

No “of 6” tag for Amazons Attack, wonder how long that’s planned for.

No new Dawn of DC titles is disappointing given November was quiet too - guess we’ll get another wave after Beast World.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So they just not announcing a new Aquaman series even with the movie coming out?

The best thing I can say about Beast World is it seems to be giving some spotlight to characters who don't have books right now in anthology stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The best thing I can say about Beast World is it seems to be giving some spotlight to characters who don't have books right now in anthology stories.
    But none of them are TITANS. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I will have to wait for 4 chan to upload them. All the websites are crappy with lag.
    AIPT beats bleeding cools website by a mile.

Spectacular Member

Interesting strategy releasing facsimiles of the Batman: Year One story weekly. Currently, DC is reprinting the Wonder Woman: War of the Gods miniseries monthly, but not as facsimiles. I assume the WW issues have modern ads and stuff.

And, yet, it says “miniseries” right in December’s solicitation for WF:TT!
    Last edited by SilverScarlet; 09-15-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    But none of them are TITANS. Very strange.
    I didn't even think about making this a true Titans event by pulling out their giant reserves roster for the anthology tie-ins. Even making it a mix would work to show how this is a Titans event, but the tie-ins seem to be just using the typical cast of characters and whoever DC wants to push like Circuit Breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post

Also, no "Final Issue" on World's Finest Teen Titans #6. Did we ever get official confirmation it was changed to an on-going? Or just extended, like Green Arrow?

Also also, there is ZERO chance JSA #10 comes out in December as solicited. #9 has already been pushed back to the same release date.

Also also also, as of December, it will now be 19 months since an ongoing series with "Justice League" in the title has existed. I find that fascinating and a little weird.
    Not sure how the sales are doing on GA, but I still think it could have been turned in to an ongoing, albeit covertly.

There isn’t a single site that says “of 12” (though a number were still saying “6 of 6” last month, albeit incorrectly).

There was a series of house ads a few months back, all for ongoing books. GA was included. No other mini-series was.

Green Arrow was the only mini that went on hiatus for both months of Knight Terror, Just Like pretty much every other ongoing.

Now, this may all be speculation....but there were A LOT of Arrow characters shown on the cover of #1 that have yet to make an appearance. Trying to cram them all in to the last six issues could get AWFULLY crowded!
    Last edited by SilverScarlet; 09-15-2023 at 04:57 PM.