Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I have to say that bar scene is something I always kinda imagine not just for an Amazon but also an Atlantean, Thanagarian, pretty much when a particularly aggressive member of a warrior culture winds up getting into trouble in a civilian setting.

Kind of a bad luck scenario all around, the wrong person in the wrong place in the wrong time and it all just goes to crap.
    Im reminded of a bit in one of Steve Orlandos issues wherin we are introduced to Artemis within the wreckage of a bar after her having smashed people through walls and destroyed tables in the aftermath of a bar brawl in mid day.

I’m looking forward to it and giving it five issues to see what all gets set up and experience Diana’s voice, etc.

The only thing I can nitpick right now is ( mainly) the proportion bof her head to her body...the mysterious Amazon as well. Plus not crazy about the Amazons being so tall, of their armor being a riff on Diana's....but we'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The only thing I can nitpick right now is ( mainly) the proportion bof her head to her body...the mysterious Amazon as well. Plus not crazy about the Amazons being so tall, of their armor being a riff on Diana's....but we'll see....
    In Rebirth canon Diana 6'2" up from 5'8", this new Amazon is 6'4". It seems DC won't be satisfied until they're all super tall.

Remember the poetry involved in all Amazons wearing bracelets to memorialize their brutalization from Heracles, so they wouldn't repeat it?

Remember when the lasso was unbreakable and nothing could resist it? Now people are dodging it, resisting it when encircled, and using loopholes to avoid the truth.

This is why I dislike them changing random, seemingly miniscule stuff, it's a slippery slope.

Incredible Member

I like that Diana is smiling on the cover.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm very curious what Sovereign is gonna look like. I keep imagining he's gonna be a big guy in snake armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im reminded of a bit in one of Steve Orlandos issues wherin we are introduced to Artemis within the wreckage of a bar after her having smashed people through walls and destroyed tables in the aftermath of a bar brawl in mid day.
    Ha yeah that makes sense. The lesson I think we should all learn here is....... never go to a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    In Rebirth canon Diana 6'2" up from 5'8", this new Amazon is 6'4". It seems DC won't be satisfied until they're all super tall.

Remember the poetry involved in all Amazons wearing bracelets to memorialize their brutalization from Heracles, so they wouldn't repeat it?

Remember when the lasso was unbreakable and nothing could resist it? Now people are dodging it, resisting it when encircled, and using loopholes to avoid the truth.

This is why I dislike them changing random, seemingly miniscule stuff, it's a slippery slope.
    Canon or not, i stand by my dislike of the height. It's like " oh people say Amazons are tall so we're going with that".... ugh.

I do hate the move away from all Amazons wearing the bracelets. It's their most sacred religious items ( well maybe the Girdle of Gaea moreso) so the removal of that is a loss, both visually and culturally

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It doesn't bode well if you're taking any Cues from Kanigher.
    What cues is this issue taking from Kanigher?

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Canon or not, i stand by my dislike of the height. It's like " oh people say Amazons are tall so we're going with that".... ugh.

I do hate the move away from all Amazons wearing the bracelets. It's their most sacred religious items ( well maybe the Girdle of Gaea moreso) so the removal of that is a loss, both visually and culturally
    The Amazon in this preview is wearing bracelets and no one has been seen breaking or resisting the lasso in this preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What cues is this issue taking from Kanigher?
    The only thing I see is that the bar this mass murder takes place in is called 'Kanighers Cues'

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m looking forward to it and giving it five issues to see what all gets set up and experience Diana’s voice, etc.
    I try not to do this as often, as I have in the past (because it makes me look lazy)...but everything Scott said. [It's like having an auxiliary brain. LOL]

I'll add that I want to see how the standing cast and the new archfoe are used, and that will take a few issues. With the strongest, most promising cast, since World War II, all the WW comic needs is a solidly dynamic (style, powers, etc) and natural antagonist for the star-spangled leading lady...

And if Giganta EATS him alive and absorbs his powers and memories at the end of this run, ..all the better. Love the way TK takes low-key villains and makes the most of them.

Thanks, Scott.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-17-2023 at 10:56 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The only thing I see is that the bar this mass murder takes place in is called 'Kanighers Cues'
    That's King for ya, he loves his creator shout outs.

Though I guess that could also be Sampere.

Bingo! Thanks for explaining my joke Fuzzy Mittens lol

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    ...children!? A lot has happened in the world of WW that we haven't heard of or explored yet...this is a major one.