Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #106 Preview

Nightwing #106 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Stephen Byrne
    Backup Writer: Michael W. Conrad
    Backup Artist: Serg Acuna

Last edited by Hypo; 09-19-2023 at 07:12 AM.

We are finally back.
    To bad it's not Bruno's art, but Stephen Byrne's art is surprisingly similar to Redondo's.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Not sure why we need a Ric storyline.

Ric was two years ago? I guess that does match Damian aging up from 13 at the start of Rebirth to 15 now, but that definitely ages up all of the younger teen heroes. And I bet that won't be reflected when they next show up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ric should remember that dude if he was from his circus days.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yessss!!!! FINALLY!!!!

As much as I appreciate DC saving me some money over the past few months...I really missed this book. The art is a bit static but it still looks really clean and crisp.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That was kind of random. "Hey, I was in the circus with Dick. Also I was in jail. Here."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, you're right, he was supposed to remember everything until his parents died, but nothing about his time with Bruce or being Robin and Nightwing - I assume this is after the family tried to tell him who he is, hence him knowing the Nightwing name?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Huh. Ric Grayson.

Now that the wounds have healed a bit, I think I quite like referring back to it as an odd thing that happened in Dick's life - rather than ignoring it. It gives him a longer sense of Nightwing/Bludhaven specific history than just the Dixon stuff that the run started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Huh. Ric Grayson.

Now that the wounds have healed a bit, I think I quite like referring back to it as an odd thing that happened in Dick's life - rather than ignoring it. It gives him a longer sense of Nightwing/Bludhaven specific history than just the Dixon stuff that the run started with.
    I guess it just seems kind of out-of-nowhere, especially for the lack of an emotional tether fans have towards that or Bea.

Even setting aside the fact that Ric was a garbage story, it never made sense for his character to go to Bludhaven. He had no memories of it and by all accounts he resented everything about Dick Grayson. So why would you go to a city where you have no connection to it and the city is only associated with Nightwing? It made no sense in universe. Ric should have wanted to go to the other side of the country to get as far away as he could from Dick's old life, but because of how poorly the story was put together they just dumped Ric in Bludhaven so the character could be out of the way and then did nothing interesting because BLudhaven is devoid of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To make people run off screaming in the night in dismay because they thought the Nightwing title might offer refuge from the Bat vs Cat crossover since its not listed in the checkboxes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don’t like ric but he’s is apart of Dicks history and I’d rather see things like this addressed then just forgotten
    So if Taylor wants to try and book close it more cleanly I’d say give it a shot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ric was two years ago? I guess that does match Damian aging up from 13 at the start of Rebirth to 15 now, but that definitely ages up all of the younger teen heroes. And I bet that won't be reflected when they next show up.
    Why does everybody keep saying Damian is 15 he’s 14 still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don’t like ric but he’s is apart of Dicks history and I’d rather see things like this addressed then just forgotten
    So if Taylor wants to try and book close it more cleanly I’d say give it a shot
    Why though? It's not like there's anything really lingering from Ric or unresolved that still needs to be handled.