Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why though? It's not like there's anything really lingering from Ric or unresolved that still needs to be handled.
    I mean I'm not personally a Bea fan nor do I understand those who do ( She is pretty, works in the community at least clancy had a dream and goal ) Honestly know if this had happened in the 80s she would likely be killed at the end of the arc. However this ending was not much better for her. I was a fan of Malcolm Hutch, unlike "Nite-wings" tad i think he was a worthy associate to have on in the future. He seem to be the best of that crop of nightwings. Screenshot 2023-09-18 145125.jpg

But yea lets see what happens with pirate Bea

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Why though? It's not like there's anything really lingering from Ric or unresolved that still needs to be handled.
    Thinking the same thing. Do we need to revisit this?

It's more about Bea than Ric, we might as well not even see him again.

It was a good issue, but i'm waiting to see the pirate adventure and we didn't had in this issue.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

It was a good issue, but i'm waiting to see the pirate adventure and we didn't had in this issue.
    And again, I feel like only a few people were probably asking for Bea to come back.

I'd rather see Defacer again...

I didn't like it, the backup saved the issue for me.

Astonishing Member

And again, I feel like only a few people were probably asking for Bea to come back.

I'd rather see Defacer again...
    Oddly, as someone who dropped the "Ric" run pretty damn quickly and didn't enjoy the bits I did read - I've heard quite a few people asking for more Bea. It's baffling, but there you are.

Still, based on this issue, they're at least doing something different with her....

On the one hand, might as well be a new character. On the other....

spoilers:
    ....using someone who knew Ric is a good way to connect 'Captain Blud' and the Hold to Nightwing without him having known about them - and if you're using 'woman who knew Ric' as her backstory, you might as well use Bea rather retcon in a new character.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I expect it to be refrenced every once in a while but yea ric's role is done,

The Cool Thatguy will be happy about the backup story .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This issue really suffered from the whole Knight Terrors pause. There's just zero momentum going into this issue and as its all set up for the new story it just feels doubly slow. And yeah, Ric coming back for a bit made me roll my eyes a bit.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This issue really suffered from the whole Knight Terrors pause. There's just zero momentum going into this issue and as its all set up for the new story it just feels doubly slow. And yeah, Ric coming back for a bit made me roll my eyes a bit.
    Not that I feel like this title has a lot of momentum as it is, especially when it comes to Heartless.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not that I feel like this title has a lot of momentum as it is, especially when it comes to Heartless.
    Heartless as a villain really should have been put to bed long ago, the stories with out him have been fun but when ever Taylor circles back to Heartless it's almost guaranteed to be weaker.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Heartless as a villain really should have been put to bed long ago, the stories with out him have been fun but when ever Taylor circles back to Heartless it's almost guaranteed to be weaker.
    Its a general issue of their not being much else going on in the city. There aren't other supervillains doing crimes nor does it seem Heartless has any lackeys or partners working under him, considering he tried to raid the bank personally with no help. As a result Heartless is just really blah as a character.

Huh so Bea is a pirate now. Well its not like anything else was being done with her so its not the worst way to retool a character.

Heartless feels like a villain-of-the-week who somehow got booted to Big Bad status and it shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a general issue of their not being much else going on in the city. There aren't other supervillains doing crimes nor does it seem Heartless has any lackeys or partners working under him, considering he tried to raid the bank personally with no help. As a result Heartless is just really blah as a character.

Huh so Bea is a pirate now. Well its not like anything else was being done with her so its not the worst way to retool a character.
    What’s suppose to go on now that the Titans occupy the city. I would expect crime to plummet

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What’s suppose to go on now that the Titans occupy the city. I would expect crime to plummet
    What social issue will Dick solve next?