Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Fam seems to make the most sense, since you guys want a book that focuses on Peter Parker and his family (including the kid, who was a part of a recent movie) and it fits a sense of community. It allows for headlines like "Spider-Fam group wants Spider-Family back."
    I'm slightly leaning towards this for the reasons you mention, but also because, well, as a strong rebuttal that Spider-Man IS about family - marriage or not. Some folks at Marvel earlier this year said that other heroes can have wives and children because "those books are about family, but Spider-Man is NOT", and I strongly disagreed. The very first issue is driven by family. He is Spider-Man chiefly DUE to his family.

At one point, Marvel even embraced it.

And as much as so many focus on the marriage aspect, that's really not the "end goal", not really. Peter and Mary Jane could get remarried tomorrow and that doesn't fix the problems so many have with how Marvel views the character, that he's supposed NOT about "family", or as DeFalco even once said "responsibility"... that naturally extended to loved ones, a wife, a child, etc. All these other characters stagnate alongside Peter because if Peter can't grow with them, none of them grow. Miles can't grow beyond Peter. Mary Jane can't have any future with him. Ben and Kaine will forever be afterthoughts. Because none of them are permitted to embrace what being a "family" truly means and have a long-term future together with any stable foundation so long as Marvel keeps the "eternal now" in its eternal cycle. Peter being "frozen" means everyone else is too.

I think Spider-Fam ropes in more people waiting a positive change - beyond even the pro-marriage folks - and so many of these goalposts would cater to others as well (like bringing back Spider-Girl). I mention again, it's a game of numbers. The more we get onboard, the more traction we make, the more influence we have, the more results we get.

I think Spider-Man should have a family, and I disagree with the people at Marvel that said he isn't about that. I think his entire existance is owed to family.

"That's All A Hero Really Is. Someone Who's Brave For The People They Love."
    Last edited by Garlador; 10-08-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Really question if branding ourselves around "family" isn't going to get the movement off-track; the idea of seeing Spider-Girl revived isn't the endgame, but a stepping stone.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Really question if branding ourselves around "family" isn't going to get the movement off-track; the idea of seeing Spider-Girl revived isn't the endgame, but a stepping stone.
    I thought spider girl is the endgame?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I thought spider girl is the endgame?
    Getting a book like “Spider-Girl” back is Step 2 of Slott’s 3 Step path to results.

Fans supporting a pro-marriage book in sizable enough numbers to cause the bean-counters to take notice and follow the path that gets fans to cough up more dough on the main book is his Step 3.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I'm slightly leaning towards this for the reasons you mention, but also because, well, as a strong rebuttal that Spider-Man IS about family - marriage or not. Some folks at Marvel earlier this year said that other heroes can have wives and children because "those books are about family, but Spider-Man is NOT", and I strongly disagreed. The very first issue is driven by family. He is Spider-Man chiefly DUE to his family.

At one point, Marvel even embraced it.

And as much as so many focus on the marriage aspect, that's really not the "end goal", not really. Peter and Mary Jane could get remarried tomorrow and that doesn't fix the problems so many have with how Marvel views the character, that he's supposed NOT about "family", or as DeFalco even once said "responsibility"... that naturally extended to loved ones, a wife, a child, etc. All these other characters stagnate alongside Peter because if Peter can't grow with them, none of them grow. Miles can't grow beyond Peter. Mary Jane can't have any future with him. Ben and Kaine will forever be afterthoughts. Because none of them are permitted to embrace what being a "family" truly means and have a long-term future together with any stable foundation so long as Marvel keeps the "eternal now" in its eternal cycle. Peter being "frozen" means everyone else is too.

I think Spider-Fam ropes in more people waiting a positive change - beyond even the pro-marriage folks - and so many of these goalposts would cater to others as well (like bringing back Spider-Girl). I mention again, it's a game of numbers. The more we get onboard, the more traction we make, the more influence we have, the more results we get.

I think Spider-Man should have a family, and I disagree with the people at Marvel that said he isn't about that. I think his entire existance is owed to family.

"That's All A Hero Really Is. Someone Who's Brave For The People They Love."
    Does that mean that Spidey can share a book with other Spider-Characters again?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does that mean that Spidey can share a book with other Spider-Characters again?
    I would certainly hope so.

Also, I don’t know if it was the latest issue of ASM or what, but my message box at Reddit EXPLODED today with dozens of people asking to join up with this campaign.

I’m going to try and get a proper Discord Group set up by this weekend. This kind of influx of support really does help me feel the biggest obstacle fans have had is a lack of unity and organization, so this might really help.
    Last edited by Garlador; 10-11-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    but my message box at Reddit EXPLODED today with dozens of people asking to join up with this campaign.
    How many messages did you get?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    How many messages did you get?
    72 messages today and counting.

And on that note, the Discord Community is created. Big goalpost, so new thread created!
    Last edited by Garlador; 10-11-2023 at 02:44 PM.