Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Ok, I am done with my own research. Raven was a member of the cult of Azar, but started moving against them very early in getting the Titans together against their will as they were pacifists, obviously she eventually gave up pacifism the central tenet of their belief system all together.

In terms of the Gods of Light and Dark. There are some implications they might be similar to the Olympian Gods (or the New Gods like Darkseid), but nothing definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Ok, I am done with my own research. Raven was a member of the cult of Azar, but started moving against them very early in getting the Titans together against their will as they were pacifists, obviously she eventually gave up pacifism the central tenet of their belief system all together.

In terms of the Gods of Light and Dark. There are some implications they might be similar to the Olympian Gods (or the New Gods like Darkseid), but nothing definitive.

I'm just going to assume " gods of dark and light" is just poetic dialog. Generically lumping them into two groups. I don't think there's a pantheon of Light Gifs and one for Dark Gods. It's just fancy ...lol

Azar was a Goddess to the citizens of Azarath. Raven continued to pray to her for guidance and strength, long after Azar had passed. That is her religion. Raven was always a pacifist. ( I'm talking the original, real Raven) While the Azarathians refused to act against Trigon, Raven took action in forming the Titans to stop him. The things she did , her powers were used to disable, stop, mitigate evil doers. Any violence on her part was under Trigon's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post

Azar was a Goddess to the citizens of Azarath. Raven continued to pray to her for guidance and strength, long after Azar had passed. That is her religion. Raven was always a pacifist. ( I'm talking the original, real Raven) While the Azarathians refused to act against Trigon, Raven took action in forming the Titans to stop him.
    It’s only under Wolfman she continued to care on some level about the cult of Azar (that was her term for it). The rest of her writers moved away from “compassionless pacifism” as an ideology.

The things she did , her powers were used to disable, stop, mitigate evil doers. Any violence on her part was under Trigon's influence.
    Wolfman started her moving away from the cult in her first story arc.

Wolfman was making the point that Trigon was to blame for Raven being cast out from the cult, but what point was he trying to make about half of her being?

Trigon went about trying to agitate the half of her that happens to be a bundle of malevolent negative energy not long after he showed up.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-27-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Officially not a fan of Neo-Raven, my antipathy for the look hasn't reached the heights of the New52 era Raven above but...armored now?

[IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    [/IMG]
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Officially not a fan of Neo-Raven, my antipathy for the look hasn't reached the heights of the New52 era Raven above but...armored now?
    Raven is the ultimate glass canon character. She can take on the Spectre, but lose to Deathstroke with a punch. A lot of that is due to the lack of armor in battle. I don’t think she should in normal scenes or 80% of the time wear armor, but in battle? The only problem I had in terms of her battle armor in Nu52 was it covering her face.

Hmmm so what does this have to do with the 4-eyed and horned Trigon cultists in DCUO?
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/...sessed_Student
    like, seriously, there's hundreds of them apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm so what does this have to do with the 4-eyed and horned Trigon cultists in DCUO?
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/...sessed_Student
    like, seriously, there's hundreds of them apparently.
    Standard low level possession among the masses. Think of Teen Titans vs the Justice League battle on a larger scale with less powerful hosts.

That is not particularly related to Raven’s issues as she is half god tier negative energy being. She gets too depressed or angry the negative energy part of her starts overriding her humanity.

The whole possessed by Trigon stick is typically a retroactive justification in the comics for Raven's negative energy side getting the upper hand due to her emotions being unbalanced for whatever reason. The monks taught Raven not to emote at all which wasn't a good idea.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-30-2023 at 08:07 AM.

Beast World preview

There are two upcoming issues that will probably be dealt with soon. What of Raven is missing per the Nightwing stuff. If it's not her Soul Self it will likely be her gem.

Then the whole trust issue comes in they have been seeding for months. There also wasn't many very good reasons to introduce a new son of Trigon as well and then write him out of the story so quickly. He may be upcoming.

By Caesar Antomattei

Oh, and one last thing. This is Raven's best looking normal everyday costume in my view. But, it's also a horrible costume functionally for battle. It's sort of the female equal of just wearing a loin cloth to war.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-30-2023 at 08:52 AM.