Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default I now Declare CBR ....PUBLIC DOMAIN !!

Its been an interesting week for me. Lots of hours at work and being a classic working man's hero as the saying goes. John Lennon was so right about that stuff.

But that all changed this week in a stunning move. Yes , my years of hard toil and being a working class blue collar man is now ending it seems. Because one man decided to change my destiny and show me the way. The way of a life ahead that will unlock everything I want.

Bill Willingham announced I now own Fables. Ok....not just me , but everyone can now print Fables comics. But lets be serious...its all about ME as the saying goes. So one day I go to sleep after some hard night work , the next day I'm the proud owner of Fables. Its not every day a man becomes the owner of a property like this.

Its like waking up to learn you now have Disney at your beck and call. This is a once and lifetime deal for me. I never knew this was so easy to do. Just declaring things in public domain and its yours.

So yesterday I went to the car lot in my town and told a guy , well that Ford Mustang I have had my eyes on....well I'm declaring that PUBLIC DOMAIN and I now own that sh-t. The car lot man tried to object and seemed angry as I took the keys and drove off. Maybe he didn't like that middle finger I flipped him as I yelled ..."PUBLIC DOMAIN , MOTHERF !"

Then I drove over to McDonalds and walked in the back and took a whole meal. Everyone looked at me shocked as I grabbed myself sandwiches and more. The manager tried to say something as I had to check this fool. "This is PUBLIC DOMAIN NOW !" as I took my food and left.

Thanks to Bill Willingham I now live in a world where I have unlocked the secret code. I plan to get me a new huge house soon by declaring a property PUBLIC DOMAIN. Wish me luck.

That brings me to now....So effective on this day , September 16th , 2023 at 3:35 PM I now declare CBR Public Domain and will be assuming all power. Thank you all....PUBLIC DOMAIN BABY!
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

You're strange.....in a funny sort of way.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

None of it works that way. You were never given the copyright or contractually guaranteed the rights to CBR. Willingham was with Fables and is within his legal power to do this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

You're sixty years too late. Look up the French Situationist comic books and détournement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    None of it works that way. You were never given the copyright or contractually guaranteed the rights to CBR. Willingham was with Fables and is within his legal power to do this.

We will see. DC is not giving up so easy. I hate that they have an army of lawyers that will crush people into submission.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Willingham is a far-right transphobe and I don't want his stupid Snowwhite fan fic, anyway.

The CBR threads are already to everyone who wants to be a part of them…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    We will see. DC is not giving up so easy. I hate that they have an army of lawyers that will crush people into submission.
    Yah. DC ain't giving up a bit of IP w/o a fight.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Fairy tale characters are already public domain, why would you rip off another guy's version when you can make your own version?