Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

She is just begging for a comeback -- especially since her name is such an anachronism.

I've been lurking in this thread. Some very cool ideas. I'd rather she stay as a non-mutant but okay. I like the idea of her suspended animation and replacement.
    I first came across her in that All Winners story which was reprinted in a late '60s Marvel reprint comic (Marvel Classics something) I was around 12.
    I remember her retcon with the Invaders in the '70s and when she was briefly tied to Scarlet Witch's origin, Don Heck redrew her hair to resemble Wanda's a little.
    We're getting/have gotten a number of survivals from WW2, with Spitfire and some others. Maybe a story could show an underlying plot that connects all that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Neat thing is miss america after her title was done was a cryptkeeper like host to other comics like the teen aimed books and teen and romance mags. She would kind of break the 4th wall and talk to the audience. Almost like what deadpool did decades later! She was not in the stories just hosted them in wrap a rounds! Not sure how canon those are, however.

I really would like Miss America to be returned with all of her powers intact.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Miss america and patsy walker in the same title?

[IMG][/IMG]
    They did appear in the same issue, but not that one. By that point Miss America herself had been dropped and Patsy was the book's lead... which had been the case since Miss America Magazine #6. Patsy debuted in Miss America Magazine #2. Miss America Comics #1 is the only issue of the series Patsy wasn't in.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Miss_...gazine_Vol_1_2
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did appear in the same issue, but not that one. By that point Miss America herself had been dropped and Patsy was the book's lead... which had been the case since Miss America Magazine #6. Patsy debuted in Miss America Magazine #2. Miss America Comics #1 is the only issue of the series Patsy wasn't in.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Miss_...gazine_Vol_1_2
    Lol, I thought this was Patsy, thanks for the confirmation.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really would like Miss America to be returned with all of her powers intact.
    If Miss America was brought back, they'd probably modify either her powers or the source of her powers in order to make her unique from the other flying bricks.

I would probably tie her powers into vitality and manipulation of the life force. Sure, that sounds more metaphysical than scientific, but you can do quite a bit with that power set, including augmenting allies while weakening foes. In a room of gods, she'd be the most feared simply because she could use a god's own immortality against them in combat. Suffice to say, stopping a gang of bank robbers would be as simple as reducing the bad guy's vitality to low, borderline comatose like levels with a snap of her fingers. Vitality/life force manipulation would also account for her own longevity, superhuman strength, self-resurrection, enhanced senses and other powers.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If Miss America was brought back, they'd probably modify either her powers or the source of her powers in order to make her unique from the other flying bricks.

I would probably tie her powers into vitality and manipulation of the life force. Sure, that sounds more metaphysical than scientific, but you can do quite a bit with that power set, including augmenting allies while weakening foes. In a room of gods, she'd be the most feared simply because she could use a god's own immortality against them in combat. Suffice to say, stopping a gang of bank robbers would be as simple as reducing the bad guy's vitality to low, borderline comatose like levels with a snap of her fingers. Vitality/life force manipulation would also account for her own longevity, superhuman strength, self-resurrection, enhanced senses and other powers.
    My preference would be to keep all of her original powers but at peak levels: Super-Vitality = not getting tired, no aging or cellular degeneration, full-on flight (no kick-offs needed), hyper-intelligence and her Atomic Vision (but no eyeglasses required). Having the strength of 1000 men is her 50 ton limit.

Just as long as nobody tries to give us a cyborg version of Miss America again.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That really sucked. It was such a sad way to treat an old character. I don't even remember how it ended. I probably stopped reading that (Secret Avengers?)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That really sucked. It was such a sad way to treat an old character. I don't even remember how it ended. I probably stopped reading that (Secret Avengers?)
    Ugh...I never saw/read that story, and I am so glad I did not! Terrible treatment of a veteran character!

Remember those Generations one-shots they did? Which had the legacy heroes go back in time to meet their predecessors earlier in their careers? They could've done so many more of those, including one for Ms America - having America Chavez meet Madeline Joyce. The only time their connection has ever come up is in last year's Thunderbolts series - the team was in a villain-induced dream involving them wearing old costumes. Hawkeye and Spectrum ended up in their original costumes - and Chavez was wearing Madeline's, as she herself doesn't have a classic look (her only proper costume was the one from her America series, she otherwise just wears the colours but no specific uniform). She chose her name just based on America being her real name, and didn't know she was actually the third to use the name.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh...I never saw/read that story, and I am so glad I did not! Terrible treatment of a veteran character!
    Then there is dead girl where miss americas soul was trapped in limbo and sent to earth with Kraven and others to attack earth. Not her best hour and sad her soul was trapped over going to heaven. Lucky dr strange and dead girl helps her and she gets to go to heaven at the end.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Who is Tike and were he and Miss America an item? Did she find love in the hopeless place?

Tike is a member of X-Force/X-Statix codenamed Anarchist.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tike_Alicar_(Earth-616)