Default Aslan (Chronicles of Narnia) vs Pennywise (IT)

Because for no reason at all this discussion popped up while I was gaming.
    Round 1: Novel versions
    Round 2: Film versions

Aslan is supposed to be a Christ-like figure, no?

I doubt there's anything Pennywise could actually do to something like Aslan, who easily killed the White Witch and likely would not fear Pennywise at all. Maybe the Deadlights would work, in which case he'd win by incapacitation.

On the other hand, I don't see much of anything that Aslan could do to an Eldritch Lovecraftian abomination like Pennywise either, unless he somehow can reach outside of his universe to ask for The Other's aid or The Turtle's help if the Turtle is still alive. So it'll just be a war of attrition, with Pennywise slowly devouring Narnia creature by creature, with occasional hibernations every 27 years or so, until that entire world is devoured, and then Pennywise moves on to the next universe.

Movie versions-wise, I don't think Aslan has shown or demonstrated any psionic defenses, so the Deadlights would probably work on him. Start of the fight, Pennywise flashes his Deadlights, and makes the lion float too.
    Last edited by Sophicles; 09-24-2023 at 03:26 PM.

If this was In Narnia I'd give the win to Aslan.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, conceptually Aslan should win. Pennywise was….cautious around Maturin’s power and was outright afraid of the power the Losers actually used to defeat him (the other that was more powerful than Maturin).

PW shouldn’t really be able to do anything to him I wouldn’t think?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Some of book Aslan's feats:

Aslan-Feats_#1_Bullet-Points.jpg
    Aslan-Feats_#2_Bullet-Points.jpg
    Aslan-Feats_#3_Bullet-Points.jpg

Another list I found of his feats:

1. Created and destroyed worlds, presumably also the Wood Between Worlds. This includes not just creating the land and oceans, but the sun and the stars in the sky. He also created all living creatures, at least in Narnia. He also destroys Narnia reverting it back into a void.

2. Teleportation, including being able to travel within the same world, between worlds/move people between worlds.

3. He does this by straight up teleportation, portals, or blowing people across the world with his breath.

4. Healing and resurrection.

5. Transmutation, like turning people into animals, for example. Though he's obviously a pretty massive reality warper that creates magical worlds and stuff, so this isn't a big deal.

6. Is obviously a giant lion that's tanky enough to ignore hits from someone strong enough to break off lamp posts with their bare hands.

7. Is a multi-dimensional/multi-versal being that exists in all worlds by different names and forms (Narnia, the "real" world, etc(,

Don't know much about Pennywise....

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"dontcha want your balloon, aslan?"