Default What languages will you like to learn?

If time and money are not an issue, what languages will you like to learn?
    For me, I already know Mandarin and English.
    I am learning Korean. I hope after Korean to learn Japanese, then German.
    If I still can, I will like to learn Arabic, Thai, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese.
    After that, I will like to learn Indonesian and Hindi.
    I love languages.

I would love to learn Spanish and French.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am bilingual in Dutch and Spanish, I also fluently speak English and French, and speak basic German. I have an objective to learn Greek but longer term I would like to learn Mandarin.

Retired

Well, I have studied English, French, German, ancient Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Hungarian and I learned some sign language a long time ago. But I think I'm only really fluent in English. I can get by in French. And I communicate in German, but I always feel I haven't got it completely. I've forgotten a lot of my Greek, but I know some basics. French helps me understand the other romance languages. I need to get better at Hungarian if I want to live there (the country of my paternal grandmother's birth).

I could probably pick up Latin and Dutch without too much trouble. My maternal grandfather was from Sweden, but I've never been there (was in Norway once)--maybe I should learn Swedish. I would like to learn Mandarin or Cantonese, given there are many people I encounter who speak those languages--but that would be really hard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I am bilingual in Dutch and Spanish, I also fluently speak English and French, and speak basic German. I have an objective to learn Greek but longer term I would like to learn Mandarin.
    Go for it with Greek, (I assume you mean modern Greek). It's fun and easy. Well, IMO. Also, you can learn it in a class at most any Greek Orthodox Church, (classes are typically separate from any religious instruction).

I personally would love to learn Irish, but that's very hard to do as instruction is nearly non-existent outside of Ireland or major university towns, and even most of them don't teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Go for it with Greek, (I assume you mean modern Greek). It's fun and easy. Well, IMO. Also, you can learn it in a class at most any Greek Orthodox Church, (classes are typically separate from any religious instruction).

I personally would love to learn Irish, but that's very hard to do as instruction is nearly non-existent outside of Ireland or major university towns, and even most of them don't teach it.
    Yes, modern Greek (important note: my wife is Greek). I've finalized A1 through an online course. It got quite difficult towards the end - I'm trying to find enough time to venture onto A2, which I know will be quite a challenge.

When you say it's easy, I assume you're Greek/ from a Greek family?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yes, modern Greek (important note: my wife is Greek). I've finalized A1 through an online course. It got quite difficult towards the end - I'm trying to find enough time to venture onto A2, which I know will be quite a challenge.

When you say it's easy, I assume you're Greek/ from a Greek family?
    Nope, just interested....in a Greek girl. So I took my own advice and learned at a church.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Nope, just interested....in a Greek girl. So I took my own advice and learned at a church.
    Ah nice!!!

Kryptonian, Klingon, Parseltongue, Shyriiwook…prob. Huttese and Barsoomian too.

esperanto
    klingonese
    Hobbit language