Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

um, okay? Weird. But I'm sure it'll be for some people.

I honestly wouldn't mind an 05 book if it was about the adults and not this constant let's go back to their teenage selves stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    And I'd bet it's young Beast who gets stuck in the present.
    I'm wondering, wouldn't that cause the future Beast to cease to exist?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes. Plenty of people. Jean, Cyclops and Iceman are among the most popular X-men and Beast used to be before his recent character assassination
    They should go back in time and buy Stan and Jack’s run so it isn’t a total flop then lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    fanfiction? I threw up in my mouth a little bit reading this....Let the 05 please Rest In Peace.
    I had the same kneejerk reaction but giving it the benefit of a doubt BECAUSE it's a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Not if it’s a closed loop. Just like how the O5 got stuck in the present but it was a forgone conclusion that they’d make it back (we’re not even gonna mention how the Jeen Xorn thing made no sense for the whole thing though). But plus side, at least with this series we’ll have an actual likable Beast for a little while. Speaking of which, wouldn’t it be ironic if this mission that the Phoenix has for them is something that present day Beast caused especially since he brought them to the present the first time because of what was going on with Cyclops?

I love the O5.. heck, I loved X-Factor back in the day. I was hoping a new Uncanny X-men book would be them, with Beast restored to his Avengers days. Now.. hmm..

I might be the only excited in here?
    I actually liked the time-displaced!O5 in their whole (although Warren got the short stick out of them five and his handling was a big disappointment) and with the Warren drought in the Krakoa era, I'll take everything with Warren. Said this...
    ��
    Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    A one-shot of the OG 5 adults would be more interesting.
    Scott, Jean, Bobby and Warren get together at dinner and talk about how dark Henry has become and how things have changed. It's been a while since Warren has talked to his first friends. Scott and Bobby could interact more often. It would be fun.
    I think one of my most favourite O5-related issues ever (archs not counting) is the 2018 Astonishing X-Men Annual. So I would LOVE a one-shot like this! And yes, we need the O5 to talk to each other - or, really, just be in the same panel.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So Old "Man" Phoenix chooses the O5 of 616 because they had experience with this kinda thing........................ They choose to forget the future therefore DO NOT have experience in time shnagigns. Experience is made up of past moments and the memory of those past moments.
    Weren't the teen!O5 eventually convinced to return to the past because they were shown/met a future in which they raise to power/killed everyone? Or was Magneto who saw that future? Anyway, I remember it (Warren was drawn with blue light/cosmic wings and they got a black/blue uniform). So it makes sense...?
    Last edited by Hakka84; 09-18-2023 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They should go back in time and buy Stan and Jack’s run so it isn’t a total flop then lol
    I'm pretty sure X-Man Factor was selling when it had that cast, which would suggest that they can work with decent writing. Stan was pretty much phoning it in during his X-Men days, even later admitting that the purpose of mutants was to free him from having to think up origin stories.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Why would it? That didnt happen before.

Anyways given the writeup, I think this will serve as a precursor to a new ongoing of the O5 with the adult Cyclops, Jean, Angel and Iceman reuniting alongside Teen Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not if it’s a closed loop. Just like how the O5 got stuck in the present but it was a forgone conclusion that they’d make it back (we’re not even gonna mention how the Jeen Xorn thing made no sense for the whole thing though). But plus side, at least with this series we’ll have an actual likable Beast for a little while. Speaking of which, wouldn’t it be ironic if this mission that the Phoenix has for them is something that present day Beast caused especially since he brought them to the present the first time because of what was going on with Cyclops?
    Some people wonder if the past Hank using black magic caused something to happen to his future self.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I love the O5.. heck, I loved X-Factor back in the day. I was hoping a new Uncanny X-men book would be them, with Beast restored to his Avengers days. Now.. hmm..
    Percy has already hinted Avenger's Beast would return. I really wonder if this series is going to tie into that or otherwise involved in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would it? That didnt happen before.

Anyways given the writeup, I think this will serve as a precursor to a new ongoing of the O5 with the adult Cyclops, Jean, Angel and Iceman reuniting alongside Teen Hank
    Speculation is saying past Hank is stuck in the future and replaces the current 'bad' Hank permanently.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I'd rather see the present-day O5 reunited in a new team book like X-Factor. Maybe throw in Lorna and Alex as well since they're never included in the O5 reunions and it would be nice to see them included for once as well.

Waiiiiiit.

Teen 05.
    Shifted to present Day.
    Change 616 forever.
    Might be Beast....

IS THIS TEEN TONY AGAIN?!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Honestly, this is hilarious. I remember everyone saying the 05 needed to leave, and now they're back again. Like or not they've become their own variant characters. LOL

The good: Christos Gage!!!
    The bad: Everything else
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I didn't really care for this the first time around, since it's only a one shot I might pick it up but honestly this announcement has me pretty "meh."
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.