Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    When Claremont returned to the X-men titles in 2000, it involved a reboot of sort with the title "Revolution". This involved the X-men books skipping 6 months in universe to set characters and teams up in various new ways and also give them a bunch of new costumes.

This "6 Month Gap" was supposed to contain a handfull of mysterious events to be revealed later in "Shockwave" arcs. For example in Generation X Synch had died during this time skip.

However while X-man (funny to think back how Nate Grey actualy managed to carry a solo series for nearly 70 issues), Generation X and X-force would recieve those arcs. The core titles never did.

With Morrison soon taking over and giving the X-men another more noticed reboot, barely a year after Revolution launched, the events of the 6 month gap were pretty much put to the files and barely if ever mentioned again.

There is an article on uncannyxmen about it.
    I believe the "Shockwave" thing was exclusive to the "Counter X" imprint (the three titles you mentioned). The mysteries were meant to be addressed in the main title but I don't think it's been said it would have been a shockwave arc (I think Claremont wanted to explain Betsy/Jean in an annual).

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    Gillen's Uncanny X-Men?
    I don't see us getting Uncanny back until Brevoort takes over. That's the kinda big move I'd expect to see usher in a new editorial era and line direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I think the opposite - it's going to be something not that substantial because they're doing it as a small X-Men Monday announcement just ahead of solicits instead of doing Marvel-led press for it.

That's what I'm saying - the one shot in the TPB could either be at the front end of the arc (between issue 47 and 48), in which case it could be this announcement for December, or at the back end (after issue 50).
    Back in the day, when there was more comics news, Marvel would announce things via external websites like Newsarama.

This could be a real announcement.

The Boom Bus: Revengeance?

New X-Men or bust.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/09/18/x-...riginal-x-men/

"And surprise! X-Men Monday is proud to eXclusively announce Original X-Men #1, a one-shot written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Greg Land, starring the original five X-Men in an all-new, multiverse-spanning adventure for the X-Men’s 60th anniversary. You won’t be able to read this story until it goes on sale December 2023, but we’ve got the solicitation, Ryan Stegman’s cover, and plenty of artwork. First, that December solicitation."

ORIGINAL X-MEN #1

Written by Christos Gage
    Art by Greg Land
    Cover by Ryan Stegman

THE OG 5 ON AN ALL-NEW ADVENTURE!

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman and Angel – the first and greatest heroes to bear the X-Men name – once traveled into their own futures and reset the course of history. Now another multiversal mystery calls them forth. When the dust settles, one hero will remain, trapped in the world as we know it. With shocking surprise guests and heart-pounding twists and turns, Christos Gage and Greg Land kick off a story that will shake the whole MU!

AIPT: OK, onto Original X-Men. What’s the elevator pitch for this comic?

Christos: Essentially, the original X-Men are plucked from their era by an older Jean Grey, a.k.a. Phoenix, from a different timeline. This is a middle-aged Jean Grey who wasn’t replaced by the Phoenix Force; instead, she found a way to coexist peacefully with it. But now she’s become aware of a deadly danger on another Earth in the multiverse… a problem even the Phoenix can’t solve. Only the original X-Men can. Why? Because the problem IS them. On this world, the original X-Men grew up and took over the world, amassing tremendous power… so much that they’ll soon be turning their attention to other realities.

Old Lady Phoenix chose these particular original X-Men because they have already been to their future and met their adult selves (in the All-New X-Men series that began in 2012) so they have some experience with this sort of thing. It’s up to them to find a way to either convince their older selves that they’re making a horrible mistake or somehow defeat these far more powerful versions of them. Basically, it’s about your younger, idealistic self coming into conflict with your older, jaded self who’s made compromises and given up dreams in order to survive and do what they think is best, even if that means making hard choices along the way.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How can Greg Land on the art be a celebration and not a heresy act?

(Stupid question, is it a heresy or an heresy?)

AIPT: Finally, the solicitation for Original X-Men #1 teases one of the X-Men trapped in the world as we know it and larger ramifications for the Marvel Universe. What can you share about the scope of this story beyond Original X-Men #1?

Christos: So there are definite ramifications beyond the one-shot. The story will continue. However, it’s kind of intentionally vague. I’m not promising it’s one of the original five X-Men… if they even survive this adventure… though I’m not saying it’s not! And that might be better phrased, “larger ramifications for the Marvel MULTIVERSE”…

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ehhh... this is OK I guess. Nothing terribly exciting but I like both Gage and Land and this sounds like a fun premise for a one-shot. One has to wonder if the final tease is hinting at a new Exiles to follow perhaps?

Astonishing Member

I feel like we did this before and it overstayed it welcom

Oh my gods.
    I couldn't be LESS impressed. I care very little for Gage's work, and even less for Land's art. Add to that ANOTHER O5 story, wit ANOTHER multiverse story...
    UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ehhh... this is OK I guess. Nothing terribly exciting but I like both Gage and Land and this sounds like a fun premise for a one-shot. One has to wonder if the final tease is hinting at a new Exiles to follow perhaps?
    "The story will continue." I'm reminded of that Xavier-focused MU story where he says something like perhaps it's time for a multiversal X-Men.

I’m glad I didn’t get too excited. Talk about a lacklustre announcement. A nostalgia-fest one-shot by Greg Land of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Well, what else. "Multiverse", i.e. mostly irrelevant, certainly points to Exiles.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Greg Land?! Hard pass!