Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Gillen's Uncanny X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm leaning against it being a flashback mini because December solicitations come out later this week. Seems it might be more substantial if they want to announce it on X-Men Monday.
    I think the opposite - it's going to be something not that substantial because they're doing it as a small X-Men Monday announcement just ahead of solicits instead of doing Marvel-led press for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    What do you mean 'front end'? I thought Percy was FINALLY going to finish off the Beast arc with the last 3 issues of X-Force(along with whatever that one shot is that's put in the X-Force TPB). I just want it to END!
    That's what I'm saying - the one shot in the TPB could either be at the front end of the arc (between issue 47 and 48), in which case it could be this announcement for December, or at the back end (after issue 50).

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I think the opposite - it's going to be something not that substantial because they're doing it as a small X-Men Monday announcement just ahead of solicits instead of doing Marvel-led press for it.
    Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe it'll be announced by both AIPT and Marvel simultaneously. AIPT has X-fans visiting every week so throwing out a tease gets us talking and perhaps there will be an interview attached to it. All while Marvel puts out their official press release.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    Gillen's Uncanny X-Men?
    I'd be pretty surprised to see Gillen on a new series (that's not like an eventy mini). It doesn't sound like he has more than one or two TPBs left after Fall of X.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm leaning against it being a flashback mini because December solicitations come out later this week. Seems it might be more substantial if they want to announce it on X-Men Monday.
    And then it turns out to be a flashback mini:

"Uncanny X-men: The Lost Months"

And it's basicly a massive retcon about what happend in the "6 Month Gap", retroactively revealing that Cable had allready figured out Moira X's, the Sinisters and the Dominions plan and informed all the X-men and their allies at the time, but to actualy stop them they had to allow Fall of X to happen and lock away their knowledge of how to beat them.

So Jean Grey switched powers with Psylocke and channeled the phoenix force to lock those memories so tightly not even she or Xavier could ever detect them until the right moment would unlock it.

Also because Cyclops was posessed by Apocalypse at the time, it's revealed the current Apocalypse is actualy Scott believing to be him, while Cyclops is actualy Apocalypse believing to be Scott.

I'm jesting, but after HOX/POX it would be weirdly fitting for another massive retcon to resolve the situation.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion tbh, that it's not anything HUGE. Presumably the post-Fall of X era won't start until January so I wouldn't expect this to be a major new X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

And it's basicly a massive retcon about what happend in the "6 Month Gap", retroactively revealing that Cable had allready figured out Moira X's, the Sinisters and the Dominions plan and informed all the X-men and their allies at the time, but to actualy stop them they had to allow Fall of X to happen and lock away their knowledge of how to beat them.

So Jean Grey switched powers with Psylocke and channeled the phoenix force to lock those memories so tightly not even she or Xavier could ever detect them until the right moment would unlock it.

Also because Cyclops was posessed by Apocalypse at the time, it's revealed the current Apocalypse is actualy Scott believing to be him, while Cyclops is actualy Apocalypse believing to be Scott.

I'm jesting, but after HOX/POX it would be weirdly fitting for another massive retcon to resolve the situation.
    Uh, 6-month-gap? Forgive me, I haven't been following FoX closely.

I really wouldn't mind massive retcons. This whole era has turned me off and not just because of Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm leaning towards the same conclusion tbh, that it's not anything HUGE. Presumably the post-Fall of X era won't start until January so I wouldn't expect this to be a major new X-book.
    I keep hearing about a 'Rise of X' that will follow FoX, with one of the editors (can't remember which) saying it will be 'joyous'. I'm assuming that in January will be some sort of, like you say, post-Fall of X era to serve as a bridge to RoX.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Either that or we'll finally find out what Bill the Lobster has been doing this whole time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really wouldn't mind massive retcons. This whole era has turned me off and not just because of Beast.

I keep hearing about a 'Rise of X' that will follow FoX, with one of the editors (can't remember which) saying it will be 'joyous'. I'm assuming that in January will be some sort of, like you say, post-Fall of X era to serve as a bridge to RoX.
    They're referring to the 6 month gap from Claremont's original return to the books in 2000.

IIRC Hickman stated that there was a 6 month gap between the end of Uncanny X-Men and the beginning of HoX to just explain away a lot of the things that didn't make sense and he didn't want to deal with.
    I have some retcons in mind I wouldn't mind myself, although not Krakoa related.

I'd be pretty surprised to see Gillen on a new series (that's not like an eventy mini). It doesn't sound like he has more than one or two TPBs left after Fall of X.
    There was a rumor that Gillen would write a new Uncanny X-Men. I'm curious which writer will be taking care of Cyclops after Duggan.

Kamala's ongoing, would be my idea

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Kamala's ongoing, would be my idea
    That's a good one. Her mini ends in November and is released later on in the month, so maybe Fall of X might be over by the time its released. Or if its a solo book it might be less X-involved than other books so it can be done during Fall of X and not be impacted by it. Although IMO that seems a bit big to announce in X-Men Monday and I expected Kamala to be in X-Men hence the trading card variant.

Astonishing Member

Uh, 6-month-gap? Forgive me, I haven't been following FoX closely. (...)
    When Claremont returned to the X-men titles in 2000, it involved a reboot of sort with the title "Revolution". This involved the X-men books skipping 6 months in universe to set characters and teams up in various new ways and also give them a bunch of new costumes.

This "6 Month Gap" was supposed to contain a handfull of mysterious events to be revealed later in "Shockwave" arcs. For example in Generation X Synch had died during this time skip.

However while X-man (funny to think back how Nate Grey actualy managed to carry a solo series for nearly 70 issues), Generation X and X-force would recieve those arcs. The core titles never did.

With Morrison soon taking over and giving the X-men another more noticed reboot, barely a year after Revolution launched, the events of the 6 month gap were pretty much put to the files and barely if ever mentioned again.

There is an article on uncannyxmen about it.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-17-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Well... I was kind of hoping for X-Terminators - with the target being Orchis rather than vampires - but I think that idea is good and gone.