Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

This is a one-shot celebrating the 60th anniversary of the original X-Men. So is it really surprising that it's a story that features the O5 X-Men?
    I mean, it's not the New Mutants' or Generation X's or Academy X's 60th anniversary, now is it?

Did you guys really expect big launches to be announced in an AIPT interview? Wait for NYCC 2023 for news on the post-FoX (re-)launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I can't really speak about the other brands, but Marvel loves nostalgia when it comes to the X-Men. It's pretty much the main thing they think about at all times.
    Earlier this year, they published Avengers: War Across Time featuring the time-travelling O5 Avengers for the Avengers 60th anniversary.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...oss_Time_Vol_1
    Last year, they did Fantastic Four 35 for the 60th anniversary of FF, with them travelling through numerous time periods, including the original Lee/Kirby days.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fantastic_Four_Vol_6_35

The time travel angle seems to be consistent motif across their anniversary titles, so I'm not surprised to see it here.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 09-18-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think we're likely to hear all about the new Ultimate line at NYCC in just 3 weeks time. I'm moderately excited myself although a lot will depend on the creative teams frankly.
    I’m hoping to hear sooner than that, since Ultimate Universe #1 hits in November and December solicits should be coming soon. “Cautiously excited” is how I’d best describe my anticipation for the new Ultimate line and particularly Ultimate X-men. I loved that book during the early 00s. It got me back into comics actually.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So who do we think is remaining in the present timeline after this fiasco?

My vote is on a version of Beast. Could be the young version, but I’m actually leaning towards the alternate future version. Gage’s answer about future Beast being a “tortured monster” was the most interesting (and potentially sympathetic) and to be frank 616 Beast needs to be put on pause for a little while.
    Beast makes the most sense.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Beast makes the most sense.
    For sure. Wonder if he’ll replace 616 Hank?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe after a fight?

The only other replacement I can imagine making the slightest bit of sense would be Scott, presuming they want to try and split up the Scott/Jean pairing without changing one of them being in the wrong. And that's a enough of a stretch Im not sure even Reed could manage it, it's just more viable than any of the remaining 3.

Jean is the least likely, giving the push her current incarnation is getting.

Same for Bobby, just not as heavy as Jean.

Warren....while he doesn't have the same reasoning to not happen as Jean or Bobby, provides nothing by being swapped out by even the wildest of possibilities.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Kamala's ongoing, would be my idea
    While I would expect her to get a big push, which means a spot on the X-Men and a solo book, I would never have expected the solo to launch in December.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

When the dust settles, one hero will remain, trapped in the world as we know it.
    So retcon for a new version of a character that has been hiding in the main timeline the whole time?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But also, is "Old Lady Phoenix" going to unblock their memories for this series and then block them again? Like, what is the point of this series??
    It most likely ends with the O5 losing their memories somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    This is a one-shot celebrating the 60th anniversary of the original X-Men. So is it really surprising that it's a story that features the O5 X-Men?
    I mean, it's not the New Mutants' or Generation X's or Academy X's 60th anniversary, now is it?

Did you guys really expect big launches to be announced in an AIPT interview? Wait for NYCC 2023 for news on the post-FoX (re-)launches.

Earlier this year, they published Avengers: War Across Time featuring the time-travelling O5 Avengers for the Avengers 60th anniversary.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...oss_Time_Vol_1
    Last year, they did Fantastic Four 35 for the 60th anniversary of FF, with them travelling through numerous time periods, including the original Lee/Kirby days.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fantastic_Four_Vol_6_35

The time travel angle seems to be consistent motif across their anniversary titles, so I'm not surprised to see it here.

Oh, people just like to complain. It’s their fun in life.

On the other hand, the complaint I would have is that once again, there’s a Phoenix, and this time even Jean. Only it’s some alternate Jean. Enough already! Either confirm Jean with the power or don’t! Unless there is a tie in somehow with the mini, which I doubt.

Incredible Member

So Old "Man" Phoenix chooses the O5 of 616 because they had experience with this kinda thing........................ They choose to forget the future therefore DO NOT have experience in time shnagigns. Experience is made up of past moments and the memory of those past moments.

WHAT A BIZARRE CONVOLUTED MESS OF A STORY PITCH...lol honestly, who gets a series like this green-lighted? AND WHY?!

Isn't Jean Grey doing the same storyline right now in her mini series?!?! Isn't anybody not absolutely annoyed, irritated, and tired of multiversal storylines?!

Who gives a f*ck about the original five in their teenage years at this point?

WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Where did he say that?
    Duh, in the linked article, sorry. It wouldn't let me edit my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe after a fight?
    That would be interesting, but Percy hinted Hank would be killed and revived with only his Avengers memories. I really wish I knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    So retcon for a new version of a character that has been hiding in the main timeline the whole time?
    Wait a minute, if his younger self never goes back into the past, the future self wouldn't exist...
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I think if Greg Land wasn't artist, and Lorna had it better with Marvel, I'd check this out. Not out of nostalgia, since I have none, but from its premise of looking at the O5 for their anniversary. As it is, I really don't care about it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Those heathens did nothing to celebrate Academy X's 20th anniversary this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Those heathens did nothing to celebrate Academy X's 20th anniversary this year.
    Well, they killed off one of them for their latest extinction event.