Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Powered Down in a Post-apocalypse World

No powers, no tech, no weapons (the specialized kind they may normally use), no magic, no super-power sources of any kind:

Superman, Batman, Aquaman, the Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), and Wonder Woman

versus

The Walking Dead Earth (TV Series version)
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I feel like Bats and Diana could fight off anything they might face, and Bats could rig up some functional tech.

They’ll do fine.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Walkers from what I saw are reeeeeally slow and really dumb

I think they can make it out even if the crew lost all fighting skill in addition to their powers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Batman: This is my time to shine, Hal, and Barry you both are with me on building duty. Clark do some reporting. Diana you and I will both be fighting and survivalist instructors. Aruther, you're useless now, so you're just dead weight.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-18-2023 at 12:00 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Swiss army nerd

Yeah, they team are fine here.

Batman and Wonder Woman speak for themselves, they'll handle any walker, any time, and in great numbers. Bats will be rigging up all sorts of fun stuff from whatever he finds.

Clark may not be Batman level but he's still a very competent fighter, and built like the side of the Kent barn. Usual role of brick, moral compass and light in the dark. Every night he makes notes on whatever he can so he can write the history of this thing when it's over.

Hal, decent fighter, in good shape, but should also be useful if they find, say, a fueled up plane on an abandoned airfield somewhere. Might be good for knowledge of airbases etc to hole up/get resources.

Barry will be on the Batman side of rigging up gadgetry from whatever they can scavenge. Might also be a decent field medic?

Aquaman, general brick fighter. As a team, this group is pretty damn tough in a fight. Lots of skilled and/or big hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Batman: This is my time to shine, Hal, and Barry you both are with me on building duty. Clark do some reporting. Diana you and I will both be fighting and survivalist instructors. Aruther, you're useless now, so you're just dead weight.
    To be fair, Arthur’s trident is a perfect anti-walker polearm.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Hal's new nickname is Flyboy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be fair, Arthur’s trident is a perfect anti-walker polearm.
    Walkers in Walking Dead are vulnerable to gentle taps with a rolled up newspaper from a 6 year old. "Trident" is a little overkill, no?

"But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yeah, Justice League will be fine.

Astonishing Member

They lose to a horde but if they can avoid such and put together some impact, edged weapons - they can handle small groups. Bats is the leader and WW second in command. Barry can make fire and Arthur can fish for food. Hal - just carry stuff.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    They lose to a horde but if they can avoid such and put together some impact, edged weapons - they can handle small groups. Bats is the leader and WW second in command. Barry can make fire and Arthur can fish for food. Hal - just carry stuff.
    You forgot "Clark, I dunno, look pretty."
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Oops, Clark can also carry stuff. Kal loses his super smarts in the OP and is just average in intelligence. His martial arts are just amateur level sparring. Bats is in better shape as probably Diana is also. Clark is buff in appearance but probably doesn't have the stamina and endurance.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Clark may not be a highly trained comic book martial artist, but he has SOME training apparently, and has years and years of experience fighting things and hitting things. Granted, that's with his powers, but he's not unfamiliar with 'hit and try not to get hit' in hundreds of stressful, dangerous situations, not just some dojo. Which is a darn-sight more than the vast, vast majority of people in the world have. He has also fought people while powerless and done surprisingly well, or fought against Kryptonians on his level of speed, strength, and durability, and beaten them by...fighting skill. If we're talking Post-Crisis, there was also that time he fought in some war of the gods alongside Diana for a thousand years before going back to his own time (Action Comics 761), with bucketloads of hand-to-hand combat and melee combat, where he explicitly could and did get hurt by their weapons and such.

Edit: Will throw on the fact that there have been points where he has been depowered - Red-Sun worlds/radiation or the like - and he handles himself pretty well.

He's also a big guy - 6'3", 235 lbs.

So, big guy, tons of actual fighting experience.

I'm pretty fine with the idea he does okay in the Walking Dead. He's not Bruce or Diana, but he's a useful fighter to back them up, to be sure.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-20-2023 at 11:17 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Clark's also a Kansas-grown walking refrigerator who knows how to build heavy duty fences and farm, so he's going to be the MVP for day to day life while also being able to help a reasonable amount on the combat side of things with likely no issues regarding stamina.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-20-2023 at 11:23 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

…forum needs a like button.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate