Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    17. Sleepy Hollow (1999)

I liked this movie a lot back when it first came out, and that was before I had any affinity for horror, and probably before I'd ever even heard of Hammer. Revisiting it now that I'm a big fan of both just makes the movie all the more enjoyable.
    I don't remember if I saw this one in the theater when it was released, but I have watched it numerous times in the 24 years since. A long-time favorite as well, and one I'll get around to before the month is over.

1a. Dracula 2000 (2000)
    1b. Dracula II: Ascension (2003)
    1c. Dracula III: Legacy (2005)
    2.The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (1953)
    3. House on Haunted Hill (1959)
    4a. Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist (2005)
    4b. Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)
    5a. Isle of the Dead (1945)
    5b. The Night Flier (1997)
    6a. Happy Death Day (2017)
    6b. Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
    7. The Old Dark House (1932)
    8. El Conde (2023)
    9. Silver Bullet (1985)
    10a. Totally Killer (2023)
    10b. Dracula (1931)
    11. Transylvania 6-5000 (1985)
    12. Young Frankenstein (1974)
    13a. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
    13b. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
    13c. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
    14. Halloween (1978)
    15a. Nightbeast (1982)
    15b. Dracula's Daughter (1936)
    16a. Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951)
    16b. Halloween II (1981)
    17. Sleepy Hollow (1999)

18. Christine (1983)

This is a movie that grows on me more with each viewing. I can't quite call it my favorite John Carpenter...tough to do when the man pumped out classic after classic...but it's way up there on the list.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

1.) Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)(Original Cut)~ Blu-Ray!
    2.) King Kong (1933)~ YouTube HD!
    3.) Son of Kong (1933)~ YouTube HD!
    4.) King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963)~ DVD Standard!
    5.) King Kong Escapes (1967)~ DVD Standard!
    6.) King Kong (1976)~ AMAZON PRIME!
    7.) Queen Kong (1976)~ TUBI!
    8.) King Kong Lives (1986)~ YouTube HD!
    9.) The Mighty Kong (1998)~ TUBI!
    10.) Kong: King of Atlantis (2005)~ TUBI!
    11.) Kong: Return To The Jungle (2007)~ TUBI!
    12.) King Kong (2005)~ AMAZON PRIME (EXTENDED EDITION)(4K ULTRA HD)

I Have seen so many movies lately I will be bypassing my Reviews of them so I can get my List up to date, just to say all of the following Movies I Truly to each their own ways did enjoy them all! =)

13.) Kong: Skull Island (2017)~ AMAZON PRIME!

14.) Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)~ MAX!

15.) Rampage (2018)~ AMAZON PRIME!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

1.) Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)(Original Cut)~ Blu-Ray!
    2.) King Kong (1933)~ YouTube HD!
    3.) Son of Kong (1933)~ YouTube HD!
    4.) King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963)~ DVD Standard!
    5.) King Kong Escapes (1967)~ DVD Standard!
    6.) King Kong (1976)~ AMAZON PRIME!
    7.) Queen Kong (1976)~ TUBI!
    8.) King Kong Lives (1986)~ YouTube HD!
    9.) The Mighty Kong (1998)~ TUBI!
    10.) Kong: King of Atlantis (2005)~ TUBI!
    11.) Kong: Return To The Jungle (2007)~ TUBI!
    12.) King Kong (2005)~ AMAZON PRIME (EXTENDED EDITION)(4K ULTRA HD)!
    13.) Kong: Skull Island (2017)~ AMAZON PRIME!
    14.) Godzilla Vs. Kong (2021)~ MAX!
    15.) Rampage (2018)~ AMAZON PRIME!

16.) Dragon Wars: D-War (2007)~TUBI!

17.) Nightbreed: The DIRECTOR’S CUT! (1990)~ Blu-Ray!

18.) Mighty Joe Young (1949)~ YouTube HD!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

62. Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977) - From Wikipedia: "Long ago, a demon fell in love with a woman and conjured up a bed on which to make love to her. The woman died during the act, and, in his grief, the demon wept tears of blood which fell on the bed and caused it to come to life. While the demon rests, the bed's evil is contained, but once every ten years, the demon wakes, giving the bed the power to physically eat human beings. Only one man, an artist identified as Aubrey Beardsley, was spared, as the bed condemned him to immortality behind a painting, where he must forever witness the bed taking victims. The bed passed from owner to owner until the present day."

63. Rubber (2010) - Sort of an absurdist art-house comedy with a veneer of sci-fi/horror, about a sentient, murderous tire with psychokinetic abilities rolling around the desert southwest blowing up people's heads, there's also a meta side narrative about film viewing/making, you'll either find it clever or tedious.

64. The Thing (1982) - John Carpenter's sci-fi horror masterpiece. An Antarctic research team battles a deadly, shape-shifting alien monstrosity with the ability to replicate any living creature. Fear, paranoia and distrust soon grow with the realization that any one of them could be the thing. Another of my long time favorites along with The Shining, and similarly set in a frozen, isolated wilderness with no hope of quick and easy rescue. Even after 40 years the creature effects hold up as some of the best ever seen on screen, and are likely to still receive high praise in another 40.

65. Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott's 1979 classic, the film pretty much defined the modern intersection of horror with science fiction and holds up just as well today as it did over four decades ago. Another personal favorite.

66. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron helms the second film of the Alien franchise. Whereas Ridley Scott's original was decidedly a horror flick (I remember being creeped out by the trailers and ad campaign as a kid), Cameron ramps up the action in the sequel, though where xenomorphs are concerned there will always be at least an undercurrent of horror involved.

67. Splinter (2008) - From IMDB: "Trapped in an isolated gas station by a voracious Splinter parasite that transforms its still-living victims into deadly hosts, a young couple and an escaped convict must find a way to work together to survive this primal terror." Solid low-budget creature feature/body horror, I haven't heard much mention of it the last few years, but recall people favorably comparing it to John Carpenter's The Thing at the time it was released. Only real complaint I have is during a lot of the creature scenes there's an overreliance on quick cuts, flashing lights/deep shadows, and shaky cam to obscure the shortcomings of the effects budget, though given the size of the production, I can overlook that small detail.

Wow not been on here in a week but, I've keep up with one movie a day

No.12: The Dark Half (1993)

Thad Beaumont is the author of a highly successful series of violent pulp thrillers written under the pseudonym of ‘George Stark’, but when he decides to ‘kill-off’ his alter-ego in a mock ceremony, it precipitates a string of sadistic murders matching those in his pulp novels, which are soon discovered to be the work of Stark himself. Looking like a maniacal version of his counterpart, Stark is not so willing to quit the writing game – even if it means coming after Thad’s wife and their baby.

Amy Madigan's Bangs mmmm

No.13: The Dead Zone (1983)

Johnny Smith is a schoolteacher with his whole life ahead of him but, after leaving his fiancee’s home one night, is involved in a car crash which leaves him in a coma for 5 years. When he wakes, he discovers he has an ability to see into the past, present and future life of anyone with whom he comes into physical contact.

Stephen King + David Cronenberg + Christopher Walken = FIRE

No.14: Trucks (1997)

A group of seemingly humanistic trucks takeover a truck stop and starts killing everything in sight. The remaining townsfolk must band together and come up with a way to murder the inanimate objects, a seemingly difficult task considering the abnormal circumstances.

Take Maximum Overdrive and take away A coked up writer/director, Angus Young's riffs, Emilio Estevez, a green goblin adorned big rig, and a future Lisa Simpson stabling your ears over and over and give it a made for TV budget and you have this USA Network gem.

No.15: 1922 (2017)

A simple yet proud rancher conspires to murder his wife for financial gain, convincing his teenage son to participate.

Thomas Jane talks the whole time through his teeth, it's gets old quick

No.16: Storm of the Century (1999)

When a blizzard hits an isolated island town it brings with it a mysterious stranger intent on terrorizing the people for a sinister purpose.

This was so much longer than I remember, It turned in to tell me what you want or I'll go away

No.17: Thinner (1996)

An obese lawyer finds himself growing “Thinner” when an old gypsy man places a hex on him. Now the lawyer must call upon his friends in organized crime to help him persuade the gypsy to lift the curse. Time is running out for the desperate lawyer as he draws closer to his own death, and grows ever thinner.

We all need a friend like Joe Mantegna's character no questions asked who do you need dead

No.18: Cat’s Eye (1985)

Three short stories by shock-meister Stephen King are linked by a stray cat that roams from one tale to the next in this creepy triptych that begins as Dick (James Woods) tries to quit smoking by any means necessary. Next, we meet Johnny, an adulterous man who’s forced by his lover’s husband onto a building’s hazardous ledge. Finally, Amanda is threatened by an evil gnome who throws suspicion on the family cat.

A movie about a beautiful cat who wanders through some crazy situations before ultimately facing an evil gnome and becoming a hero.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Incredible Member

October 1st. 1- The Necronomicon: Book of the Dead (2023)
    October 2nd. 2- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923)
    October 3rd. 3- Warlock (1989). 4- Warlock: The Armageddon (1993). 5- Warlock: The End of Innocence (1999)
    October 4th. 6- Isle of the Dead (1945)
    October 5th. 7- Doppelganger (1993)
    October 6th. 8- Dracula in Instanbul (1953)
    October 7th. 9- Children of the Night (2023)
    October 8th. 10- We Are the Night (2010)
    October 9th. 11- Justice League Dark (2017). 12- Constantine: City of Demons (2018). 13a- Constantine: House of Mystery (2022). 13b- The Spectre (2010)
    October 10th. 14- The Devil Rides Out (1968)
    October 11th. 15- The Video Dead (1987)
    October 12th. 16- Hell Target (1987). 17- Sorority Babes in the Slime-Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
    October 13th. 18- Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
    October 14th. 19- Vampire in Venice (1988)
    October 15th. 20- Twins of Evil (1971)
    October 16th. 21- Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic (2010). 22- Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham (2023)

October 17th. 23- Maniac Cop (1988). 24- Maniac Cop 2 (1990). 25- Maniac Cop III: Badge of Silence (1993)

A hulking, nigh unstoppable police officer terrorizes New York.

I had never seen these before, and now I'm surprised they're not more well known. Pretty good production values and a big city setting which is unusual for slashers. The trilogy is full of recognizable actors, including genre icon Bruce Campbell. It's the same creative team and a fairly consistent story throughout the trilogy. Other than Chucky, most slashers don't have much consistency by the third one.

When I saw the Troma logo at the start of the first, I expected a much goofier and sleazier than it actually is.

The second movie has a really intriguing idea: what if a supernatural slasher teams up with a nornal serial killer...but sadly that doesn't come in until late. That should have been the basis for the movie. There's a random Danny Trejo sighting, second of the month for me. This also features that 90s staple, the end credits rap theme!

The third one is a bit sillier than the others, but doesn't completely change tone. Also, there's a bit where the hero does a really slick move mid-gunfight that I bet Jon Woo wishes he thought of.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-20-2023 at 03:51 PM.

No. 19: Graveyard Shift (1990)

John Hall is a drifter who wanders into a small town in Maine. He needs a job and decides to seek employment at the community’s top business: a large textile mill. He is hired to work the “graveyard shift” – from around midnight to dawn – and, along with a few others, he is charged with cleaning out the basement. This task strikes the workers as simple enough, but then, as they proceed deeper underground, they encounter an unspeakable monstrosity intent on devouring them all.

The first Ratatouille was dark. very, very dark
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Incredible Member

October 3rd. 3- Warlock (1989). 4- Warlock: The Armageddon (1993). 5- Warlock: The End of Innocence (1999)
    October 9th. 11- Justice League Dark (2017). 12- Constantine: City of Demons (2018). 13a- Constantine: House of Mystery (2022). 13b- The Spectre (2010)
    October 12th. 16- Hell Target (1987). 17- Sorority Babes in the Slime-Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
    October 16th. 21- Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic (2010). 22- Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham (2023)
    October 17th. 23- Maniac Cop (1988). 24- Maniac Cop 2 (1990). 25- Maniac Cop III: Badge of Silence (1993)

October 18th. 26- The Invisible Man (1933)
    October 19th. 27- The Invisible Man (2020)

I had never actually seen this before. I wasn't expecting The Invisible Man, of all things, to have perhaps the highest bodycount of all the Universal monsters. Pulling off the wrapping/wrapping effectsthose days was one hell of a feat. I have two main complaints: firstly, we start off with Mr. Griffin already invisible and already stark raving mad. With the movie being short, it feels like there's a whole first act missing. Secondly, he's the Invisible Man, not the Intangible Man, but the movie seemingly forgets that whenever he grabs somebody. He can seemingly throttle anyone at will and they can't do anything about it.

An abused wife escapes her husband, a rich scientist who has the ultimate means of stalking her. This reminded me less of the '33 movie and more of a particular episode of Batman The Animated Series. This is a great use of the premise, so much so that I'm surprised this approach hasn't really been taken in a movie already. Elisabeth "Can You Believe She's a Scientologist?" Moss gives a harrowing performance. I don't think the effects are revolutionary but they're quite good and effectively employed. It might be about 10 minutes too long, there's a point where the story seems to lose momentum.

Hollow Man
    might actually be closer to being a remake of the original in spirit. That one is about a guy who turns broadly evil from his invisibility serum. This is about a woman being tormented, with a scifi twist.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-20-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

68. Halloween II (1981) - Michael Myers returns, as a mater of fact he hasn't gone anywhere, as the sequel picks up right where the previous film left off on Halloween night. Laurie Strode is taken to the hospital after surviving her encounter with Michael, but he is in slow, methodical pursuit and committed to finishing what he started, and woe to anyone who crosses his path (except for the kid with the cowboy hat and boom box, and all the other people on the street in town he passes. Maybe Michael is self conscious about his technique and/or has anxiety about performing in public). John Carpenter and Debra Hill grudgingly wrote the script, as there was little interest in a sequel by anyone other than Compass International Pictures producer Irwin Yablans. This is the movie where Laurie is revealed to be Michael's sister.

69. Halloween IV: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) - Does what it says on the tin and brings back Michael Myers to the franchise which spawned him, along with Dr. Samuel Loomis, played by Donald Pleasence. It may seem like quite a stretch of the imagination that either character would have survived the explosion and raging inferno which ended Halloween II, but it's horror fiction, so you just kinda have to roll with it. Conspicuously absent is Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, though she does make a brief cameo as a photograph, and is referenced as having died in a car accident, leaving behind a daughter, Jamie Lloyd, who now becomes the focus of Michael Myers murderous fixation. The movie is noteable for its twist ending which sees Jamie seemingly possessed by Michael's spirit after his supposed "death", and harkens back to the original with her standing at the top of the stairs holding a bloody pair of scissors she used to stab her adoptive mom. Word is that the plan for the following film was to either recast an older Jamie as the new "Michael", or have her as his sidekick learning the family trade.

70. Halloween V: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) - After the success of Halloween IV, a sequel was rushed into production and released the following year. The initial idea of having Jamie turn evil is dropped in favor of her having a psychic link to Michael, essentially being able to see through his eyes at various times before or during his killings, as if having her uncle wanting to murder her for the entire run time of the previous film wasn't traumatic enough. The movie also introduces the mysterious "Man In Black" for no apparent reason other than to set up the sequel featuring the "Curse of Thorne" storyline. Fun fact: (from Wikipedia) "Donald Pleasence accidentally broke Don Shanks' nose on the set when they were filming the scene where Dr. Loomis beats The Shape with a 2×4 block of wood."

71. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) - The seventh installment in the franchise, which completely ignores everything after the second movie and picks up 20 years after the events of Halloween night 1978. Laurie Strode (a returning Jamie Lee Curtis) has faked her death, created a new identity for herself and become the headmistress of a private boarding school, keeping a low profile in the hope that her brother won't find her, she also has a son who has just turned 17, the same age as her when she originally crossed paths with Michael. One of the better sequels of the series, with a tight script and brisk pace it always feels a lot shorter than its 86 minute run time. Additionally, imo it has a more satisfying showdown between Laurie and Michael than what fans of the franchise were hoping for from Halloween Ends.

10/01: Clive Barker's Book of Blood (2009)
    10/02: The Wolfman (1941)
    10/03: The Mummy (1932)
    10/04: Dracula (1931)
    10/05: Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
    10/06: Frankenstein (1931)
    10/07: House (1977)
    10/08: Versus (2000)
    10/09: Ghost Town (2023)
    10/10: Dead Birds (2004)
    10/11: Eyes of Fire (1983)
    10/12: The Wind (2018)
    10/13: The Burrowers (2008)
    10/14: Mad God (2021)

10/15: Moon Garden
    Year: 2022
    Director: Ryan Stevens Harris
    Online Synopsis: A comatose five-year-old girl journeys through an industrial wonderland to find her way back to consciousness. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: Thought this one was fantastic... save for one aspect. While the movie wants to say that both parents are to blame for the accident that opens this film, I find that it is almost relucant to point out what the mother's deal is, despite her being disproportionately hostile and bitter to the father in flashbacks. Aside from that, I really liked this one.

10/16: V/H/S/94
    Year: 2021
    Director(s): Simon Barrett, Steven Kostanski, Chloe Okuno, Ryan Prows, Jennifer Reeder, & Timo Tjahjanto
    Online Synopsis: A police S.W.A.T. team investigate a mysterious VHS tape and discover a sinister cult that has pre-recorded material which uncovers a nightmarish conspiracy. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: The first of this week's them of "Cults", I did pretty well picking this one considering it's an anathology. I would love a full movie treatment of "The Subject". Definitely worth checking out.

10/17: The Wicker Man
    Year: 1973
    Director: Robin Hardy
    Online Synopsis: A puritan Police Sergeant arrives in a Scottish island village in search of a missing girl, who the Pagan locals claim never existed. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: Not much I really say other than it's a classic for a reason.

10/18: Mandy
    Year: 2018
    Director: Panos Cosmatos
    Online Synopsis: The enchanted lives of a couple in a secluded forest are brutally shattered by a nightmarish hippie cult and their demon-biker henchmen, propelling a man into a spiraling, surreal rampage of vengeance. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: A psychadelic roaring rampage of revenge starring Nicholas Cage, what's not to love?

10/19: Faults
    Year: 2014
    Director: Riley Stearns
    Online Synopsis: A cult deprogrammer is hired to help a couple whose daughter is under the influence of a mysterious cult. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: This one was surprisingly good. A slow burner, but once things get going, they get weird.

10/20: Jug Face
    Year: 2013
    Director: Chad Crawford Kinkle
    Online Synopsis: When she learns the supernatural pit worshipped by her remote community in the woods has demanded her as a blood sacrifice, Ada struggles to find a way to survive, while the pit lashes out in anger. (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: This one was an odd one. I liked the bits of world-building we got for this backwoods community, but I found the protagonist's actions to be frustrating. While the tragedy of futility is apparent, Ada causes a lot of unnecessary grief without any reason or plan to escape her fate.

10/21: Psychomania
    Year: 1973
    Director: Don Sharp
    Online Synopsis: An amiable, psychopathic leader of a violent teen motorbike gang is spurred by his mother, a Satan-worshiping spiritual medium, into committing suicide and returning to life as an "undead". (IMDb)
    My Thoughts: I dunno if I just wasn't in the right mindset or needed someone to riff on this film with, but I just didn't like it. I don't know if the movie wants you to root for the rebellious bikers, or feel for Abby who finds herself drawn between being with her lover and friends or staying alive, but no one in the cast was really likeable, save for George Sanders and Beryl Reid's characters and even the latter still confuses me with some of her motives. A second watching might soften my stance, but for now, I think one viewing is enough for me.

Fantastic Member

72. Halloween (2007) - Rob Zombie's much maligned remake/reimagining of the John Carpenter classic. I'm in the small minority who actually like the movie, more or less, though I do kind of find the trailer trash aesthetic of so many of his films tiresome after a while, so don't usually find myself watching more than two in a row. The first part of the movie focuses on a young Michael Myers and gives him an expanded backstory, explaining the how and why of his development as a serial killer, then spends several minutes on his time at Smith's Grove before jumping to the present, showing his escape, and then essentially reproducing the original with a few tweaks.

73. Halloween II (2009) - Rob Zombie's second turn at the helm of the franchise, it cobbles together elements from both 1982's Halloween II and Halloween IV while mixing in Zombie's own ideas for adding to the mythology. Not all of it works, especially the parts involving the spirits of Judith and young Michael Myers communing with adult Michael, and the white horse motif comes off as unnecessarily pretentious. Also, Zombie seems to go even further in making most of the main cast unlikable, with Malcolm McDowell's Samuel Loomis becoming particularly insufferable. I'll still take it over either The Curse Of Michael Myers or Resurrection, I also find it amusing that one of the biggest and most repeated negative criticisms of a contemporary horror slasher is that it featured too much blood and gore.

74. Halloween (2018) - The 2018 franchise reboot wipes away everything that followed the 1978 original and picks up again 40 years after the events of that Halloween night, Michael Myers has been institutionalized at Smith's Grove Psychiatric Hospital this entire time and awaits transfer to a federal maximum security prison, Laurie Strode has never gotten past the trauma she experienced and has become something of a reclusive survivalist obsessed with Michael returning to finish what he started. Myers does indeed escape the prison bus and goes on a killing spree which ultimately leads to a showdown between him, Laurie, her daughter and granddaughter.

75. The Unnamable (1988) - Based on the H. P. Lovecraft short story of the same name, the movie is basically about a group of university students who find themselves trapped inside an old abandoned house as a centuries old creature which resides there picks them off one by one. Most of the run time is spent with the characters exploring the house, discovering their classmates corpses scattered throughout the house, and fleeing from the creature in the house, luckily the house has plenty of different rooms and passageways, and a dark, spooky atmosphere, so it doesn't become as tedious as it could have been.

1a. Dracula 2000 (2000)
    1b. Dracula II: Ascension (2003)
    1c. Dracula III: Legacy (2005)
    2.The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (1953)
    3. House on Haunted Hill (1959)
    4a. Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist (2005)
    4b. Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)
    5a. Isle of the Dead (1945)
    5b. The Night Flier (1997)
    6a. Happy Death Day (2017)
    6b. Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
    7. The Old Dark House (1932)
    8. El Conde (2023)
    9. Silver Bullet (1985)
    10a. Totally Killer (2023)
    10b. Dracula (1931)
    11. Transylvania 6-5000 (1985)
    12. Young Frankenstein (1974)
    13a. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
    13b. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
    13c. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
    14. Halloween (1978)
    15a. Nightbeast (1982)
    15b. Dracula's Daughter (1936)
    16a. Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951)
    16b. Halloween II (1981)
    17. Sleepy Hollow (1999)
    18. Christine (1983)
    19. -
    20. -

Travel interrupted my streak this year, and it’ll probably do so again before I’m through. Though I was able to squeeze in a favorite last night:

21. Frankenstein (1931) - Peacock

Incredible Member

October 18th. 26- The Invisible Man (1933)
    October 19th. 27- The Invisible Man (2020)

October 20th. 28- Bram Stoker's Dracula's Guest (2008)

This actually has nothing to do with the short story it takes its name from, aside from Big D himself. 19th Century, girl gets kidnapped, her dad is a vamp hunter and her boyfriend happens to be Bram Stoker...that's basically it. Low budget and badly written.

Maybe everyone had a fun time making it, it looks like it might have been. . There's not much else going for it.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-22-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Fantastic Member

76. Color Out of Space (2019) - Adaptation of the H.P. Lovecraft short story The Colour Out of Space, starring Nicolas Cage and featuring a good amount of Nicolas Cage moments. From imdb: "A story of cosmic terror about The Gardners, a family who moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. The mysterious aerolite seems to melt into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly color. To their horror, the Gardner family discover that this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches...including them."

77. Under The Skin (2013) - Scarlett Johansson plays an alien disguised as a human woman who lures isolated and lonely men to an abandoned building where they become trapped in a black void, their bodies consumed or processed for some unknown purpose. She gradually begins to relate to humans after time among them. Some might question whether the film really qualifies as horror, but imo it has just the right eerie, unsettling vibe I absolutely love in good, slow burn horror.

78. The Lighthouse (2019) - Set in the 1890s, the film centers on two lighthouse keepers and their descent into alcohol-fueled madness after a storm strands them on the remote and desolate island. Robert Eggers follow-up to The Witch similarly deals with New England folklore and themes, while also weaving in the Greek myth of Prometheus. Standout performances from both Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattison.

79. Hellraiser (1987) - A puzzle box opens a gateway to a dimension where pleasure and pain are indistinguishable, it also summons the cenobites to lay claim to the body and soul of anyone unlocking the box. The first in the franchise, and arguably the best, it was also horror author Clive Barker's directorial debut, which introduced the world to Pinhead, though the character was simply referred to as "Lead Cenobite" and didn't receive the official moniker until the sequel.
    Last edited by Astral Disaster; 10-25-2023 at 11:55 PM.