Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Give me Cable drawn by R.B. Silva. That's all I ask, God.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This is from Brevoort's original announcement in August:

"This isn’t going to happen for a good long while yet—I still have a ton of stuff cooking in AVENGERS (including next year’s big crossover event series) that needs to be seen to completion. And at the same time, current X-guru Jordan White and his team have a massive story that they’re in the middle of and that won’t run its course for a long while. What I do will grow directly out of what they’re doing—provided they leave me anything to work with. Did you read that HELLFIRE GALA book? Cripes!"

Time will tell if his intention to grow things directly out of what the current X-office is doing will hold or if things will change, as they do with comics.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Krakoa coming to an end isn't really news and it doesn't mean the old status quo is coming back. With both Krakoa and Arakko being dismantled...that makes room for Okkara. They've all but been hinting it imo but we will see.

Mainly because I don't see Marvel or Tom letting go of everything this era brought. Hickman's era was going to be ended by himself originally anyways...Okkara is definitely looking like Marvels way out.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 10-11-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Exactly. The Arraki & Rasputin are trash. Especially after Rasputin using antisemitic language in that last issue of X-Men.

I’m not for going back to the mansion, but Krakoa has grown stagnant. If they wanted to make it fresh, they’d have brought in better talent to drive the line. Sure, we’ve got Ewing, and Gillen to a lesser extent, but they’re not flagship books. The rest of the line, up until the Fall began, were stagnant, and going nowhere.
    Immortal felt stagnant leading into Fall of X as well, there were like 3 issues between events (and I wasn't a fan of SoS so that maybe part of it). I think Fall of X was a big problem, either setting up to it or not being able to start anything because it would get derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is from Brevoort's original announcement in August:

"This isn’t going to happen for a good long while yet—I still have a ton of stuff cooking in AVENGERS (including next year’s big crossover event series) that needs to be seen to completion. And at the same time, current X-guru Jordan White and his team have a massive story that they’re in the middle of and that won’t run its course for a long while. What I do will grow directly out of what they’re doing—provided they leave me anything to work with. Did you read that HELLFIRE GALA book? Cripes!"

Time will tell if his intention to grow things directly out of what the current X-office is doing will hold or if things will change, as they do with comics.
    Things can certainly change but the quote doesn't sound like much to me. Hasn't everything grown from what was done before (other than like OMD or DC reboots)? Plus if the current office retcons everything he'd still be telling the truth.

BANNED

I'll say that Duggan Tree-House X-Men felt pretty back-to-basics/simple/mansiony. If they are betting on that kind of tone and level of oomph to carry the line....ConceitedMeme.jpg

A question ... Are you concerned about the fate of Arakko in the same way as Krakoa? Do you think they will get rid of everything?

There are still many months ahead and anything can happen, but I doubt very much that the next step will be to go back to school. But I also don't think it will be something completely new like it was with Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

I mean, I really don't see how it makes sense to do away with Arakko or go back to the school any time soon......even from just a marketing standpoint. IMO, you can't reasonably spend your entire era building up to a Fall of X type 'darkest hour' THEN follow it with a Rise of the Powers of X kind of triumphant resurgence and then turn around and be like 'and then just after they'd finished successfully evading extinction again, most likely due to mutant solidarity, they all decided to call it quits on this whole mutant solidarity thing and go their separate ways, and also, the war to save Arakko from Genesis and Annihilation was won,* but only for like a month. Then they all died for good.'

Like.....that's a surefire way to tank ANY reader confidence in your creative directions or pacing because that's just.....bad. On any kind of narrative level.

*And keep in mind that many of the 'hand-written' data pages in X-Men Red over the past several months have been titled 'excerpts from the NEW HISTORY of Arakko' and clearly written from the perspective of looking BACK on the Genesis War. And you literally can't have a retrospective entitled the New History of a place that's been destroyed or no longer exists, so while the existence of this 'A New History of Arakko' doesn't guarantee anything about Brevoort's plans for Arakko or anything post-JDW's tenure, again, it plays into my belief that it makes no sense to spend years building up to a climactic war for the very fate of Arakko, end with a victory and THEN turn around and wipe the board clean of it two seconds later.

*Shrugs* I make no secret about being biased towards Krakoa/Arakko/etc and wanting all this to stick around and be built upon for a long time, but I do wish a lot of people who don't even bother speculating and just skip straight to definitively stating their certainty that 'this is absolutely what happens next' would own the fact that like. Nobody here is Irene Adler and its fine to be like 'this is me trying to speak my wants into existence' but that is literally all most of us are doing, on either side of the 'pro-Krakoa/pro-mansion' equation. None of us actually have anymore definitive insight than anyone else.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 10-12-2023 at 05:44 AM.

A new Krakoa pls

I'm awful at posting pictures, but apparently there is a newly revealed X-Men 30 variant, so its possible that some of the current books may be continuing through FoTHoX/RoTPoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    A question ... Are you concerned about the fate of Arakko in the same way as Krakoa? Do you think they will get rid of everything?

There are still many months ahead and anything can happen, but I doubt very much that the next step will be to go back to school. But I also don't think it will be something completely new like it was with Krakoa.
    I doubt it will be entirely gone, but I don't know how involved it will be. Its really only Ewing who's doing anything with it so if he's gone it might just get forgotten about. But that would also depend on why he's the only one using it, is it because he's the only one who wants to or because editorial only wants one person?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, I really don't see how it makes sense to do away with Arakko or go back to the school any time soon......even from just a marketing standpoint. IMO, you can't reasonably spend your entire era building up to a Fall of X type 'darkest hour' THEN follow it with a Rise of the Powers of X kind of triumphant resurgence and then turn around and be like 'and then just after they'd finished successfully evading extinction again, most likely due to mutant solidarity, they all decided to call it quits on this whole mutant solidarity thing and go their separate ways, and also, the war to save Arakko from Genesis and Annihilation was won,* but only for like a month. Then they all died for good.'

Like.....that's a surefire way to tank ANY reader confidence in your creative directions or pacing because that's just.....bad. On any kind of narrative level.

*And keep in mind that many of the 'hand-written' data pages in X-Men Red over the past several months have been titled 'excerpts from the NEW HISTORY of Arakko' and clearly written from the perspective of looking BACK on the Genesis War. And you literally can't have a retrospective entitled the New History of a place that's been destroyed or no longer exists, so while the existence of this 'A New History of Arakko' doesn't guarantee anything about Brevoort's plans for Arakko or anything post-JDW's tenure, again, it plays into my belief that it makes no sense to spend years building up to a climactic war for the very fate of Arakko, end with a victory and THEN turn around and wipe the board clean of it two seconds later.

*Shrugs* I make no secret about being biased towards Krakoa/Arakko/etc and wanting all this to stick around and be built upon for a long time, but I do wish a lot of people who don't even bother speculating and just skip straight to definitively stating their certainty that 'this is absolutely what happens next' would own the fact that like. Nobody here is Irene Adler and its fine to be like 'this is me trying to speak my wants into existence' but that is literally all most of us are doing, on either side of the 'pro-Krakoa/pro-mansion' equation. None of us actually have anymore definitive insight than anyone else.
    I think its just pessimism/concern. IMO the X-books really started struggling with AvX and Bendis coming in and really peaking (valleying?) at DoX/IvX. We finally get something that flips the narrative about Mutants and now they're talking about the movies, so people are naturally concerned with Marvel going for synergy (whether that's mandated or the office just thinking it will boost sales). Plus Brevoort got personally asked from someone pretty high up (IIRC) after he had been adamant about not working in the X-Office before.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    A new Krakoa pls
    There wont be krakoa or arrako anymore, The Status Quo is king and it will go back to the Charles Xavier mansion for ole MCU synergy next year

All will go back to the original and 90's TAS Status Quo the moment Brevoort takes control.

Extraordinary Member

There can be a book with a school.

A book with a team that is HQed in a mansion.

A book with a murder squad.

A book with mutants on another planet.

A book with a team that is on the run.

A book with a team that is playing pirates.

A book with a team that sits around drinking tea and bickering.

And all of those books can have their very own status quo and have nothing to do with any other book.

As long as whatever C list character shows up in some book and is not treated like trash people will be happy and not care if they are in a mansion or hoboing in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    There wont be krakoa or arrako anymore, The Status Quo is king and it will go back to the Charles Xavier mansion for ole MCU synergy next year

All will go back to the original and 90's TAS Status Quo the moment Brevoort takes control.
    Not necessary The Avengers of MCU are very much dead.
    Toby Steve Tasha and "Regular visión" arent aviable.

But they are very much alive and active in the cómics

Maybe the sinergy Will be about the looks rather than the context

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Yeah kicking off the new era with the destruction of Arakko is the one thing that would fully turn me off from the new direction. It was the Terrigen extinction event JUST after the mutants were getting back on their feet during the Bendis run that last killed my interest in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'm awful at posting pictures, but apparently there is a newly revealed X-Men 30 variant, so its possible that some of the current books may be continuing through FoTHoX/RoTPoX.
    Found it! X-Men #30 ROM variant by Peach Momoko

Ok, looks like we're getting an X-Men #30 issue in January. Cool! January solicits should be out next week so it makes sense for variant covers and what not to start being released.

I personally don't think they'll get rid of Arakko. With Apocalypse returning and indicating he plans on remaking the world, it seems like we might be getting an Arakko 2.0 after the Genesis War dust settles.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    One random question that bugs me is; what is Krakoa *eating* right now? It drug Doug down into the Pit, is he noming on Doug, kept down there as emergency rations? Is Krakoa subsisting on the psychic energy thrown off by Xavier, long referred to as 'the most powerful mutant mind on the planet,' before all this Omega mutant hoopla?

Back in X of Swords, Krakoa was opposed to the idea of the mutants going en masse to fight in Overworld, because it didn't want them leaving the island in numbers. Now they are *all* gone, and it's been implied that Krakoa's current level of power and sapience is at least somewhat dependent on the constant inflow of psychic energy coming in from thousands of mutant residents. With them gone, is Krakoa going to revert to the same quasi-sentient hungry island-monster we first met? And if so, how quickly is that going to happen? Is the presence of Xavier (and Doug) only holding back it's decline?

And is Krakoa what messily killed the Orchis invaders, since it's been suggested that it wasn't Xavier that did that? On the one hand, it would be amusing to find out that Orchis has created a bigger potential threat in cutting Krakoa off from it's food supply and giving it a motivation to go out searching for an alternative...
    Time to bring Polaris in to launch Krokie back into space again. If she aims him towards Arrako, maybe they reunite and put an end to the Genesis War.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver