Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yeah, also Alex and Maddy will never not be weird. Didn't Cable had a thing with Lee Forrester too?

It's like, they try Scott first, when it doesn't work they go for someone else in the family.

And there are fans who wants Kitty to get on with Ilyana...

But what about the space prostitutes? I mean, that could be basically anyone in the X-Men.
    I seem to remember an issue where Cable saved Lee Forrester and maybe they kissed? Cannot recall for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    At least excellent news!
    You can say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    When did Spurrier say he was doing another mini with the X-office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I also don't recall anything by Spurrier past Uncanny Spider-Man and X-Men Blue. Especially as he seems to be getting pretty busy with DC these days. But as slots need to be filled with new limited series in early 2024, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he had one last go either.
    Hmm yeah, I don't remember there being confirmation of Spurrier continuing but I def could have missed it.

A friend reminded me that the marketing announcement for Original X-Men #1 included, "After the cosmic entity restores the team’s lost memories, this bold epic will explore themes that were introduced when Brian Michael Bendis brought the Original Five to present day in 2012’s blockbuster hit, ALL-NEW X-MEN, and will set up a brand-new X-Men series launching next year!"

So we can add this unannounced series to the speculation list.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm yeah, I don't remember there being confirmation of Spurrier continuing but I def could have missed it.

A friend reminded me that the marketing announcement for Original X-Men #1 included, "After the cosmic entity restores the team’s lost memories, this bold epic will explore themes that were introduced when Brian Michael Bendis brought the Original Five to present day in 2012’s blockbuster hit, ALL-NEW X-MEN, and will set up a brand-new X-Men series launching next year!"

So we can add this unannounced series to the speculation list.
    Could Original X-Men be what is leading into New X-Men?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt but Reddit is reporting that the new titles are

Legion Quest by Spurrier
    AoA by Ewing
    Mutant Massacre by ??
    Fatal Attraction by ??
    Phalanx Covenant by ??
    New X-Men by ??

If true, they're really going all in on the refurbishment of classic titles lol. Wow.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    If true, they're really going all in on the refurbishment of classic titles lol. Wow.
    with the Brooks teaser poster I can see this rumor being true, I mean the costumes match

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think Hickman's initial theme was nature vs science. Without any outside interference, Mutants would naturally evolve to be the dominant species with humans. In the most successful future Moira saw, humans used the robots to end the Mutant evolutionary track while evolving scientifically into the post-humans/homo novissima and outlasting them both. I guess that's sort of driving the crap we're seeing now, with science winning, but I can't believe he was headed into a "Mutants always lose" finale. Now, of course, he's doing magic vs. science in G.O.D.S.

Brevoort might try to make an MCU-friendly Mutant narrative to adapt, because that's becoming desperately needed and getting closer to reality. It won't be Krakoa and I doubt they'll want to re-visit the Fox mansion, etc.

I’m interested. Those titles are such a mouthful though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Take this with a HUGE grain of salt but Reddit is reporting that the new titles are

Legion Quest by Spurrier
    AoA by Ewing
    Mutant Massacre by ??
    Fatal Attraction by ??
    Phalanx Covenant by ??
    New X-Men by ??
    Hmm, Interesting.

But why another Mutant Massacre. Aren't we already in one????
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think Hickman's initial theme was nature vs science. Without any outside interference, Mutants would naturally evolve to be the dominant species with humans. In the most successful future Moira saw, humans used the robots to end the Mutant evolutionary track while evolving scientifically into the post-humans/homo novissima and outlasting them both. I guess that's sort of driving the crap we're seeing now, with science winning, but I can't believe he was headed into a "Mutants always lose" finale. Now, of course, he's doing magic vs. science in G.O.D.S.

Brevoort might try to make an MCU-friendly Mutant narrative to adapt, because that's becoming desperately needed and getting closer to reality. It won't be Krakoa and I doubt they'll want to re-visit the Fox mansion, etc.
    I had created a thread a while ago, but this may be the status quo for our merry mutants: they always lose

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Hmm, Interesting.

Maybe we see the particulars? A lot of the titles now have been rushing to the end with a lot of the meat on Data Pages

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure that 'leak' was proven to be bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I feel the golden age of superhero movies is over. They didn't even try to get an X-Film in during it, now it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I had created a thread a while ago, but this may be the status quo for our merry mutants: they always lose
    Then why even bother reading if we know they're just going to fail in the end? The relentless misery was what drove me away from the X-Books years ago, if this is always going to be the case, I should stop reading them again.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Hmm, Interesting.

Have we ever not been in one? I kinda feel like the Morlock Massacre was just the first blood in a culling that's never ended.