Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Callback to this team
    Attachment 135195
    I know a cover's a cover, but I would love to have these friends all together on the same team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Or… like the other Brooks covers of this era, most of it means nothing. Not the characters used, nor their costumes or placement. None of it. It’s just a fun mashup.
    Totally this! Everyone is speculating about Brooks' cover and I don't think it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Totally this! Everyone is speculating about Brooks' cover and I don't think it means anything.
    I don't think they're ALL random stuff and red herrings. I concede most things and characters don't have significance but some do. For example, I'm convinced Kid Cable has a role to play in upcoming stories - I don't think it was a mistake when he showed up on Duggan's X-Men recently.

We know we're going to have a story set in the future coming up, and when you have a story set in a future that is bleak you're going to have characters who want to travel back to the past to change that future... and I believe that's when young Nate comes in.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that X-Men and Immortal X-Men will continue on to next year.
    We now know that RoPoX is a 10-years-in-the-future book so present-day Exodus, Hope, Jean Grey, Destiny, Professor X, etc. are likely in IXM.

We never got any confirmation that FoHoX/RoPoX is a weekly event so I think Duggan puts out monthly issues of FoHoX & X-Men and likewise Gillen for RoPoX & IXM for the first five months of 2024.

So I can see the release schedule looking something like this:
    January 2024 - FoHoX 1, RoPoX 1, Resurrection of Magneto 1, X-Men 30, IXM 19, X-Force 48, Wolverine 41, Wolverine 42
    February 2024 - FoHoX 2, RoPoX 2, Resurrection of Magneto 2, X-Men 31, IXM 20, X-Force 49, Wolverine 43, Wolverine 44
    March 2024 - FoHoX 3, RoPoX 3, Resurrection of Magneto 3, X-Men 32, IXM 21, X-Force 50, Wolverine 45, Wolverine 46
    April 2024 - FoHoX 4, RoPoX 4, Resurrection of Magneto 4, X-Men 33, IXM 22, Wolverine 47, Wolverine 48
    May 2024 - FoHoX 5, RoPoX 5, X-Men 34, IXM 23, Wolverine 49, Wolverine 50
    June 2024 - X-Men 35 (LGY 700)

We've also heard about a New X-Men (mini)series, a Steve Orlando miniseries, (two?) Steve Foxe miniseries & a Si Spurrier miniseries.
    We'll find out when the January 2024 solicits come out later this week.

X-Men 35 is also Uncanny X-Men 700, which will be an oversized milestone issue and sounds like a likely place to end the Krakoa era on.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 10-15-2023 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that X-Men and Immortal X-Men will continue on to next year.
    We now know that RoPoX is a 10-years-in-the-future book so present-day Exodus, Hope, Jean Grey, Destiny, Professor X, etc. are likely in IXM.

We never got any confirmation that FoHoX/RoPoX is a weekly event so I think Duggan puts out monthly issues of FoHoX & X-Men and likewise Gillen for RoPoX & IXM for the first five months of 2024.

So I can see the release schedule looking something like this:
    January 2024 - FoHoX 1, RoPoX 1, RoM 1, X-Men 30, IXM 19, X-Force 48, Wolverine 41, Wolverine 42
    February 2024 - FoHoX 2, RoPoX 2, RoM 2, X-Men 31, IXM 20, X-Force 49, Wolverine 43, Wolverine 44
    March 2024 - FoHoX 3, RoPoX 3, RoM 3, X-Men 32, IXM 21, X-Force 50, Wolverine 45, Wolverine 46
    April 2024 - FoHoX 4, RoPoX 4, RoM 4, X-Men 33, IXM 22, Wolverine 47, Wolverine 48
    May 2024 - FoHoX 5, RoPoX 5, X-Men 34, IXM 23, Wolverine 49, Wolverine 50
    June 2024 - X-Men 35 (LGY 700)

We've also heard about a New X-Men Mini(series), a Steve Orlando miniseries, (two?) Steve Foxe miniseries & a Si Spurrier miniseries.
    We'll find out when the January 2024 solicits come out later this week.

X-Men 35 is also Uncanny X-Men 700, which will be an oversized milestone issue and sounds like a likely place to end the Krakoa era on.
    I think you might be onto something here.

FoHoX/RoPoX are most likely monthly releases, I believe they would have said they were weekly and released all solicits otherwise. And I was just saying that releasing Uncanny #700 in the current era would probably feel weird but I could see it being used to cap off the current era but also spotlight a new creative team, bridging the White and Brevoort eras.

With regards to the rest of the books, White did say we're going to find out shortly after NYCC and with the solicits around the corner, we're definitely getting more information by the end of next week. There's a whole bunch of books to replace (Dark X-Men, Alpha Flight, Uncanny Spidey...) and some writers have already hinted at having more X-projects coming up like you said, so I'm thinking we're going to find out about at least some of those in the coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Good catch! Although he probably shouldn't be naked. Or scratch that, it is Krakoa after all.

And I seem to recall a previous teaser that had Ultimate Jean... which one am I thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Oh yes! I knew it was Mark Brooks but couldn't quite recall what cover it was exactly... thank you

Very nice work here by Rich M on X:

20231015_135644.jpg

I don't think they're ALL random stuff and red herrings. I concede most things and characters don't have significance but some do. For example, I'm convinced Kid Cable has a role to play in upcoming stories - I don't think it was a mistake when he showed up on Duggan's X-Men recently.

We know we're going to have a story set in the future coming up, and when you have a story set in a future that is bleak you're going to have characters who want to travel back to the past to change that future... and I believe that's when young Nate comes in.
    The Kid Cable plot thread will definitely pop back up. The question is will it be material to the plot? Neither he nor his older counterpart are shown in any FotHX-RotHX preview art. Not covers (other than the Brooks mash-up) nor interiors shown in the trailer. Cable isn't on the present-day X-men (in FotHX) or the future X-men ten years down the road (in RotHX), so having him be a huge part of this is unlikely IMO. But he probably shows back up and plays a small role for sure.

I don't think Duggan has completely forgotten about his pet character Kid Cable (who he has said he prefers to the "original recipe") and the subplot he setup with him just before the Hellfire Gala in his X-men book. My bet is this ends with Kid Cable somehow able to stick around and not put the timeline in jeopardy, which will be kind of annoying if they also keep old Cable around. Or they'll find some way to write older Cable out of the books for awhile (again). Either way, not what I'm hoping for but what I'm expecting.

Oh well. If it happens then maybe they can put old, grizzled Logan on a team with young, brash Nathan and that could be a fun dynamic. I'd prefer that in X-Force to Logan and Quentin Quire, honestly. Throw in Deadpool too and relaunch Uncanny X-Force with Wolverine, (Kid) Cable and Deadpool... could be a big seller IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I saw a theory about Kid Cable that would be kinda scary. Dr. Stasis wants Scott to endorse the official story of the gala massacre and the theorist wondered if he'll try to use KC to force Scott. Stasis says if he endorses it there will be trials and convictions and now we see Scott is indeed going on trial.

You know, I don't think Chris Hassan has put out a call for questions for the next X-Men Monday. And there's been no indication yet of what the topic will be. Maybe it'll be a surprise edition with more info on Fot/Rot and info on the other unannounced books. The timing would be perfect ahead of Thursday's solicits.
    Last edited by JB; 10-15-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I saw a theory about Kid Cable that would be kinda scary. Dr. Stasis wants Scott to endorse the official story of the gala massacre and the theorist wondered if he'll try to use KC to force Scott. Stasis says if he endorses it there will be trials and convictions and now we see Scott is indeed going on trial.

You know, I don't think Chris Hassan has put out a call for questions for the next X-Men Monday. And there's been no indication yet of what the topic will be. Maybe it'll be a surprise edition with more info on Fot/Rot and info on the other unannounced books. The timing would be perfect ahead of Thursday's solicits.
    If I had to bet, I would go with you.

They may even try to do some mystery around it, "Why did Cyclops endorsed Orchis narrative?" Then reveal it was because of KC.

So far, the only aspect of Cyclops Duggan have show any interest in, is Cyclops as a father, so it would make sense for him to take that road and use it as a vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Or… like the other Brooks covers of this era, most of it means nothing. Not the characters used, nor their costumes or placement. None of it. It’s just a fun mashup.
    Yes, I didn’t necessarily mean that all those characters or costumes would be used, more like they could be an indication that we are going to get more time traveling or alternate timelines shenanigans like we have already during this era, which has already been pretty much confirmed with the “ten years later” story that is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Oooh… I bet you’re right and this is how they use Kid Cable. Wonder if his older self will play a role in rescuing him? He’ll probably die again (Why not? They always seem to kill old Cable about every other event… and did it twice during Judgment Day!).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I know a cover's a cover, but I would love to have these friends all together on the same team again.
    I’d like the cover to represent the content, I’d loved to see them together in a team again too.

source https://twitter.com/mvrtxin/status/1713591289357152393

Duggan leaves xoffice after fall of HoX