Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wouldn't that imply that someone had to intentionally direct them through the reprogrammed gates to end up in the White Hot Room in it first place? I mean why would Jean need to rescue anyone if she was the one who saved those at the Gala from becoming Orchis's intended victims by telepathically herding them there via the Krakoan Gates?
    Mother Righteous sent them there. She enchanted the Krakoan Gateways on the night of the third Gala so that the Krakoan mutants ORCHIS were sending to Arakko got diverted into the Astral Plane instead. She plans to simultaneously harvest the worship/gratitude of all 250,000 mutants in order to ascend into Dominionhood.

Jean Grey got to the WHR independently of MR since she never walked through a gateway. When Moira X killed Jean, the Phoenix consciousness within Jean's psyche was awoken, and transcended into the WHR. The White Hot Room is the house in which the Phoenix lives.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    X-Men 35 is also Uncanny X-Men 700, which will be an oversized milestone issue and sounds like a likely place to end the Krakoa era on.
    While Uncanny X-Men #1/701 could be the ideal start of the Brevoort era (5 years after the last proper Uncanny X-Men issue).

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Take this with a HUGE grain of salt but Reddit is reporting that the new titles are

Legion Quest by Spurrier
    AoA by Ewing
    Mutant Massacre by ??
    Fatal Attraction by ??
    Phalanx Covenant by ??
    New X-Men by ??
    Reduce
    Reuse
    Recycle
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Reduce
    Reuse
    Recycle
    Assuming this is true, for the sake of argument...reusing titles isn't inherently good or bad.

It all depends on the context and quality of the resulting books. Again, assuming any of that is accurate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    Assuming this is true, for the sake of argument...reusing titles isn't inherently good or bad.

It all depends on the context and quality of the resulting books. Again, assuming any of that is accurate.
    Ay, there's the rub, because the quality just isn't there most of the time.

The reason why people might feel compelled to belief such rumors is because repeating patterns have created the impression that the Marvel editorial and writership have become creatively dried up or exausted.

Which in turn creates the feeling that all truely great and memorable stories have allready been told with these characters, status quo and setting, to the point where the only option to fill the monthly and yearly quota of issues seems to be to repeat, reuse and recycle those more impactfull old ones, which becomes detrimental to the current ones or those trying to do something new with different characters.

The same pattern can be observed with covers aswell.
    Not only have homage and reference covers become extremely common, both for variants and main ones, but it's also noticable that almost all of them are referencing covers older than 30 years. As if barely any covers since have managed to leave a strong enough mark to be recognized or deemed worthy of repetition.

This is not to say that homages and using existing works as inspiration are bad. There are only so many patterns of stories which can be used after all and some are seemingly as old as story telling itself.
    After all. The famous quote: "Nothing is said that has not been said, there is nothing new under the sun." is by now over 2000 years old.

Likewise centuries old stories had been retold and adapted in written, illustrated and acted form, multiple times without losing their charm and impact to new generations of audiences.

But the problem arises when the repetition happens within the same timeline.

Seeing 12 different variations of the same story can still be interesting if it's done to different versions of the same character or new ones. Especially if there are major changes or updates.

Just take the Arthurian story for example.

Seeing 12 similar variations of the same story stops being interesting and instead becomes more frustrating or boring if it's done to the exact same version of the same character, even though they are supposed to be increasingly more accomplished and capable.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-18-2023 at 06:54 AM.

Gillen's latest newsletter entry just released:

https://buttondown.email/KieronGille...t-sad-bangers/

"NYCC was the last weekend, where Marvel released the news about the end of the Krakoan Age. Mark Brooks & Richard Isanove provides the teaser image. As many have said, you have to cheer for Jean and Scott's pose in the middle there.

I'm working with RB Silva on Rise of the Powers of X, which is a lot of fun. With Powers of X, he defined one half of the start of the Krakoan age, so having him here to end makes a lot of sense – especially as this is the book which is tonally most akin to Powers of X. I mean, no ****. It's called Powers of X. So lots of big structural time and space stuff, building off everything we've been doing.

I suspect the penny also drops for those who've been doing math on how many X issues I've said I have left to write, or yet to be published. I've seen some people thinking I was going to be on the books for longer – however, those maths were assuming that all the X books I was writing was one book. I'll be out of the X-office (and Marvel, for that matter) by the middle of next year.

But what a way to go out.

Three books were announced at NYCC, and I'm just going to quote all the solicits and share the cover art. Powers, as it's written by me, House, as it's where Lucas had to go to work (and I can't be more excited for him – he's finally going to get to draw extended action!) and Resurrection of Magneto because everyone needs to know where Al gets to complete his whole X-saga."

"I've finished issue 3 of Rise of the Powers of X, which I'm happy with. It's a sort of issue structure I like a lot, and I know RB will draw the hell out of it."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Man, I really hope Cable shows up in Rise of the Powers of X because I don't think I've ever seen R.B. Silva draw him. Would love to see his take.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

"NYCC was the last weekend, where Marvel released the news about the end of the Krakoan Age. Mark Brooks & Richard Isanove provides the teaser image. As many have said, you have to cheer for Jean and Scott's pose in the middle there.

I'm working with RB Silva on Rise of the Powers of X, which is a lot of fun. With Powers of X, he defined one half of the start of the Krakoan age, so having him here to end makes a lot of sense – especially as this is the book which is tonally most akin to Powers of X. I mean, no ****. It's called Powers of X. So lots of big structural time and space stuff, building off everything we've been doing.

I suspect the penny also drops for those who've been doing math on how many X issues I've said I have left to write, or yet to be published. I've seen some people thinking I was going to be on the books for longer – however, those maths were assuming that all the X books I was writing was one book. I'll be out of the X-office (and Marvel, for that matter) by the middle of next year.

Three books were announced at NYCC, and I'm just going to quote all the solicits and share the cover art. Powers, as it's written by me, House, as it's where Lucas had to go to work (and I can't be more excited for him – he's finally going to get to draw extended action!) and Resurrection of Magneto because everyone needs to know where Al gets to complete his whole X-saga."

"I've finished issue 3 of Rise of the Powers of X, which I'm happy with. It's a sort of issue structure I like a lot, and I know RB will draw the hell out of it."
    I thought all of this was a given?

Did people think he was going to stay on longer then the conclusion FHOX?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought all of this was a given?

Did people think he was going to stay on longer then the conclusion FHOX?
    I think some people thought some of the writers might be staying through the editorial change. And before FoTHoX/RoTPoX was announced people though it would be longer because like he said they were going off of Immortal only. Although this does seem like confirmation that Immortal will continue too.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks for posting this! It all lines up with what we now know timing-wise ie Rise and Fall will mark the end of the current era.

I wonder if the comment about Al Ewing means X-Men Red concludes with December's #18 and Ewing is going to wrap his threads up in Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thanks for posting this! It all lines up with what we now know timing-wise ie Rise and Fall will mark the end of the current era.

I wonder if the comment about Al Ewing means X-Men Red concludes with December's #18 and Ewing is going to wrap his threads up in Resurrection.
    Yeah it sounds like X-Men Red is indeed done after #18, whereas X-Men and Immortal seem to be continuing a little longer. I was hoping Ewing would stay in the X-Office after the big changes but who knows, maybe Brevoort will end up keeping him since they've worked together before.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah it sounds like X-Men Red is indeed done after #18, whereas X-Men and Immortal seem to be continuing a little longer. I was hoping Ewing would stay in the X-Office after the big changes but who knows, maybe Brevoort will end up keeping him since they've worked together before.
    yeah Immortal may go on to #23 and with Before the Fall of X that would mark Gillen on the title for 24 issues total, which sounds about right

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Ewing is definitely on Brevoort's speed dial as Al has done the majority of his Marvel work via his office.

However I think it's likely Brevoort will go for a completely clean slate for his X-line. He was specifically given the task by Dan Buckley, presumably to change things around, so it would make sense for him to go with brand new creative teams. Hopefully there's some more X-work for Ewing at some stage in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    However I think it's likely Brevoort will go for a completely clean slate for his X-line. He was specifically given the task by Dan Buckley, presumably to change things around, so it would make sense for him to go with brand new creative teams. Hopefully there's some more X-work for Ewing at some stage in the future though.
    New slate? I've been out of comics before I returned last year, how exactly does this go when a new editor arrives? Is it like everything is being reset like a reboot? Or is it just moving in another direction?

I hope that creative team includes someone who likes Beast. I'm afraid that their going to keep him as a villain.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I'm so excited for this era to end; not because I hate it, but to have the entire collection sitting pretty on my shelf.

I just wish Marvel didn't end "... of X" trades when we were so close to having the entire era collected in release order.