Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    There’s always the chance the Krakoa re-bonds with Arakko, leading to a Nation (or Planet) Okkara. That way Krakoa “ends”, but only because something new has taken it’s place.
    We are on the same wavelength.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    This sounds like the type of thing that leads DC's continuity to be such a convoluted mess. I won't go near a DC comic largely because they seem to constantly be changing which stories are cannon and wich ones are not. If the X-Men comics started to cherry pick which stories are and are not cannon I would drop them in a heart beat. The constant retcons and different interpritations about which parts of Dark Phoenix Saga are meant to be cannon is frustrating enough without some disgruntled writer or fan deciding which other stories need to be altered. No way every story should have to be up for consideration for retconning.
    Agreed. It would be a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Exactly. The Arraki & Rasputin are trash. Especially after Rasputin using antisemitic language in that last issue of X-Men.

I’m not for going back to the mansion, but Krakoa has grown stagnant. If they wanted to make it fresh, they’d have brought in better talent to drive the line. Sure, we’ve got Ewing, and Gillen to a lesser extent, but they’re not flagship books. The rest of the line, up until the Fall began, were stagnant, and going nowhere.
    Anti-Semitic language?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    A new Krakoa pls
    Son of Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Anti-Semitic language?
    This baffled me too, so I ran through her panels and the closest thing I could find is that she calls Ben Grimm a “golem” - before being adopted as a general western fantasy trope the golem started as a Jewish folklore creation with clay skin that obviously The Thing resembles. If you squinted really hard that could be read as a slur, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Found it! X-Men #30 ROM variant by Peach Momoko

Ok, looks like we're getting an X-Men #30 issue in January. Cool! January solicits should be out next week so it makes sense for variant covers and what not to start being released.

I personally don't think they'll get rid of Arakko. With Apocalypse returning and indicating he plans on remaking the world, it seems like we might be getting an Arakko 2.0 after the Genesis War dust settles.

Ohhhhhhhhhh pretty (In my Elmyra voice)

So does that mean we get a Apaccy lead squad with his son Death as a member?
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There can be a book with a school.

A book with a team that is HQed in a mansion.

A book with a murder squad.

A book with mutants on another planet.

A book with a team that is on the run.

A book with a team that is playing pirates.

A book with a team that sits around drinking tea and bickering.

And all of those books can have their very own status quo and have nothing to do with any other book.

As long as whatever C list character shows up in some book and is not treated like trash people will be happy and not care if they are in a mansion or hoboing in space.
    That's not the X-Books.

Zero cohesion sounds like the Avengers and the Avengers are boring.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's not the X-Books.

Zero cohesion sounds like the Avengers and the Avengers are boring.
    That is not the X-Books now. It was before, and it was more exciting.
    Last edited by cranger; 10-13-2023 at 06:42 AM.

Alright... won't be long now... one more day, and a few hours...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Alright... won't be long now... one more day, and a few hours...
    Literally counting them now! DC has been pretty generous with news from NYCC so far, I hope Marvel will respond in kind.

Extraordinary Member

I would not be surprised if this replaced X-Men and Immortal X-Men, along with Resurrection of Magneto replacing X-Men Red. Percy's stuff will finish off in the regular titles. If so then Brevoort's takeover is closer than I was thinking.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I think they wanna go for the HoXpoX vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I would not be surprised if this replaced X-Men and Immortal X-Men, along with Resurrection of Magneto replacing X-Men Red. Percy's stuff will finish off in the regular titles. If so then Brevoort's takeover is closer than I was thinking.
    I was thinking that would be the case too, but they released an X-Men 30 variant so unless that was misnumbered at least one of the titles is continuing. Now I'm wondering if the current titles that they are writing will tie into what they'll be doing in 2024. Ewing has Red which Magneto was part of when he died, Gillen is doing what I'm assuming is future stuff and he had SoS.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I was thinking that would be the case too, but they released an X-Men 30 variant so unless that was misnumbered at least one of the titles is continuing. Now I'm wondering if the current titles that they are writing will tie into what they'll be doing in 2024. Ewing has Red which Magneto was part of when he died, Gillen is doing what I'm assuming is future stuff and he had SoS.
    Good catch. If there is an X-Men #30 there will probably be enough for at least another volume since #29 is the final issue in one of them. Now I feel like we might get more titles popping up in the aftermath of FoX then during.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Found it! X-Men #30 ROM variant by Peach Momoko

Ok, looks like we're getting an X-Men #30 issue in January. Cool! January solicits should be out next week so it makes sense for variant covers and what not to start being released.

I personally don't think they'll get rid of Arakko. With Apocalypse returning and indicating he plans on remaking the world, it seems like we might be getting an Arakko 2.0 after the Genesis War dust settles.
    I believe this is a variant cover for Rom and the X-Men: Marvel Tales. Not X-Men 30. Anyone?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=236691645