Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    In the meantime, who do we think is going to be writing X-books after these series? Seems like finales for Ewing, Duggan, Gillen and Percy.
    I think all the current crop of writers is likely done once this era concludes. Brevoort has a working relationship with most of them but I think it's likely he will want to put his own stamp on the books and usher in a new era of creators.

I also think this will be one of his highest-profile assignments ever and he might be looking for a Jonathan Hickman-level caliber of talent. There will be multiple writers of course but I'm fully expecting at least a couple of high-profile names in the mix. Nobody currently at Marvel immediately jumps to mind to be honest, I think it's more likely he might be looking at the Distinguished Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think all the current crop of writers is likely done once this era concludes. Brevoort has a working relationship with most of them but I think it's likely he will want to put his own stamp on the books and usher in a new era of creators.

I also think this will be one of his highest-profile assignments ever and he might be looking for a Jonathan Hickman-level caliber of talent. There will be multiple writers of course but I'm fully expecting at least a couple of high-profile names in the mix. Nobody currently at Marvel immediately jumps to mind to be honest, I think it's more likely he might be looking at the Distinguished Competition.
    Tom King

Tom King in the new Krakoa

Yeah I’ve been thinking about this and when looking at big names a lot of them have said they either wouldn’t want to write the X-Men or didn’t have pitches (Slott, Zdarksy, and Cantwell). There’s also Jed McKay but he JUST started an Avengers run.

In terms of writers sticking around, I do think writers who joined in more recently may get to stick around in the same way that writers like Williams had smaller X-books before getting an ongoing as part of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Tom King

Tom King in the new Krakoa
    I think Tom King would be amazing on the Wolverine solo. But given his involvement with James Gunn's DC Studios, I doubt he'll be jumping ship in the next year.

What I hope is that Rise of Power of X is not a story that takes place in the future like Power of
    which will never happen since it's in a Marvel comic.

I prefer that the series takes place a little after Fohox and serves to introduce the post-Fox rise to power of the mutants.

And of course I don't want to return to the mansion either, that would be a regression and there's nothing interesting to say about this status quo for years.

Extraordinary Member

A bunch of titles that may or may star mutants but otherwise don't have anything much in common is about my only requirement for the 'franchise' to be enjoyable again.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Era concludes? I'm looking forward to Mutant Democracy on Krakoa! Interdependent Governance, henny!

Also looking for that all Immortal X-men team we got at the Gala to be the resident Uncanny Team! Just add Madrox and that is one Legendary Team of X-men. Rise of Powers of X, should be their story as well.

Astonishing Member

Goodbye to the Krakoan era.

Rick Remender said he recently got a very generous offer to write X-Men but declined because he opted for a big 3-year exclusive contract on Image.
    I suspect Brevoort offered him the Uncanny X-Men flagship for the next era.

This doesn't tell us who's writing X-Men next but it does tell us the caliber of writers Brevoort is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    In terms of writers sticking around, I do think writers who joined in more recently may get to stick around in the same way that writers like Williams had smaller X-books before getting an ongoing as part of Krakoa.
    I think Zeb Wells might take over the Wolverine ongoing once Percy is done.
    He did recently express interest in the book.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 09-20-2023 at 06:51 PM.

Fantastic Member

Maybe it's just me and I admittedly don't follow Marvel as closely as I used to, but is the overall writing talent is just not all that great? Who's currently writing at marvel that fans would even want to see helming an x-men flagship title?

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Maybe it's just me and I admittedly don't follow Marvel as closely as I used to, but is the overall writing talent is just not all that great? Who's currently writing at marvel that fans would even want to see helming an x-men flagship title?
    Al Ewing could write a phone directory and I’d be there for it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I really hope it is the end of Krakoa. But I wont get my hopes up.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Rick Remender said he recently got a very generous offer to write X-Men but declined because he opted for a big 3-year exclusive contract on Image.
    I suspect Brevoort offered him the Uncanny X-Men flagship for the next era.

This doesn't tell us who's writing X-Men next but it does tell us the caliber of writers Brevoort is looking for.

I think Zeb Wells might take over the Wolverine ongoing once Percy is done.
    He did recently express interest in the book.
    Rick Remender's statement about having been offered X-Men (and Batman) before deciding to sign up with Image might have referred to the somewhat recent past but not the immediate past - he mentioned having been offered X-Men before so it's unclear if this was a new offer or he was still talking about the same one. But he and Brevoort worked together on a number of books in the past so it wouldn't surprise me if he was on Tom's list either.

And I forgot about Zeb Wells mentioning Wolverine and Elektra as books he would like to write after he's done with Amazing Spider-Man. I sure would welcome him to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I think there's a number of great writers currently working at Marvel but, excluding all creators who have been working on the X-titles lately, there aren't many big names left.

I find both Dan Slott and Jed McKay to be excellent but both seem pretty busy at the moment. Donny Cates is unfortunately indisposed for the time being. J. M. Straczynski is a name that comes to mind, he recently got back to Marvel to pen Captain America's book and he certainly has the sci-fi creds to pull off a big X-Men relaunch. Not sure if he has any interest in the mutants but I would sure love to have him - Sense8 was the best X-Men show of all.

I will forever treasure the Krakoan era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    My theory (which could be totally wrong) is that FoX ends with Manifold (who was intentionally kept safe on Krakoa for a reason), transporting Krakoa and most of the remaining mutants to Mars since Earth is still pretty much Orchis territory. Then once the dust has settled with taking Orchis down and all the Dominion stuff, a subset of mutants return to Earth (since it’s the planet they grew up on) while many choose to remain on Mars.

That’s just where I’m leaning because I can’t see a world where the X-Men just completely cut all ties with a Krakoan nation that’s still on Earth.

I am definitely not mad at this suggestion.
    From a character-accessibility stand point, its clever in that it provides a reservoir for a multitude of characters to pluck as creators desire for any given story while also being free of the concern to address each and every off-panel person/relationship or background/wallpaper, characters with the oh-so-convenient "They're off world" excuse/explanation.