Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonder Girls

I think Jimenez once pitched a Wonder Girls miniseries.

IMG_1877.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

IMG_1877.jpg
    Is that Lyta Milton? O-o'

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is that Lyta Milton? O-o'
    My guess is that it’s Wonder Tot and that Jimenez was going to play off the “impossible stories” from the Silver or Bronze Age when Hippolyta worked out a way with film or something else to splice her, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and Wonder Tot together for various adventures. I’d imagine he’d gone the way of the multiverse though, to bring Lyta Hall, Drusilla, etc. all together.

Again, those are just my guesses, but I’d have loved to read it regardless!
    Last edited by WonderScott; 10-02-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

What idiot didn't greenlight Jimenez's idea?! I mean -- even if they had some problems with his story, certainly details could have been worked out!

I would love a new ongoing Sensation Comics starring Donna, Cassie and Yara. Especially if were done by Jimenez. Seems like a no brainer to me.

IMG_1877.jpg
    I know that's Fury above Wonder Tod...is that meant to be kid Diana next to Wonder Tot?

Is that two versions of Donna to the side?

Golden Age Diana on the top right?

Cassie on the bottom right?

Who is that in the top left between Donna (?) and Lyta? Artemis?

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Donna is there as Wonder Girl and as Troia. Top right is Druscilla, the 'Wonder Girl' of the Linda Carter TV show. I think the two girls in the middle bottom are Diana as Wonder Tot and Wonder Girl. I think the blonde to the left of Fury is Cassie -- or is she may be Golden Age Fury (Helena) or nu 52 version of Cassie. Guess that is Cassie at bottom right.

IMG_1877.jpg
    Love the concept, but that's too many people.

Not loving a Sensation relaunch because it's happened twice already, plus Agent of Peace, and they all flopped due to them being anthologies. Wonder Woman needs a bona fide second title in the same continuity as her own. I propose a Wonder version of Birds of Prey, but call it "Birds of Paradise". Nubia, Donna, Cassie, Yara and Artemis are enough to make a strong team.

In the meantime I'm all over Amazons Attack, don't let its name deter you, nor its inclusion of Queen Faruka and Mary Marvel. Tom King mentioned in his latest interview that he's revisiting Amazons Attack, so you might as well embrace it. The premise Greg Rucka came up with for AA was sound, but he was fired and his replacements ruined it.

Let this be a chance at redemption.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Love the concept, but that's too many people.

Not loving a Sensation relaunch because it's happened twice already, plus Agent of Peace, and they all flopped due to them being anthologies. Wonder Woman needs a bona fide second title in the same continuity as her own.
    I'm not against a second title with Diana, but not sure she could support it Not a fan of Sensation Comics title especially in comparison to Wonder Girls. I would definitely focus on the three most well-known Wonder Girls -- and then bring in Lyta Trevor from Earth 2 and Trinity on occasion. Diana should be a recurring guest-star, but not a main character. Maybe she would be responsible for sending the group on missions that she didn't have time for.

Good concept - Diana can't be in two places at once... but the Wonder Family can. Same thing would work for the Super Family.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Sensation comics just rolls off the tongue more. And to be honest even if it is a mini amazon attacks feels like a stand in for the wonder family's adventure/detective comics. Hopefully it sells well.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Sensation comics just rolls off the tongue more. And to be honest even if it is a mini amazon attacks feels like a stand in for the wonder family's adventure/detective comics. Hopefully it sells well.
    Agree to disagree.