Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Have no idea how one can be so assured of where the sales are for Red unless they are an insider working for marvel but look forward to Ewing bringing back Magneto. ^_^
    Yeah to put things in perspective Deadpool was cancelled at #10 and X-Men Red is going to at least #18, the last Fall of X issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is this an arc of X-men Red or a separate mini series?
    Seems like we'll be getting the details at NYCC. I'm excited!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To be honest, I can’t be excited for this. We all knew he’d be back eventually. And the implication that there will be another “Fall of X” phase before the new direction seems like they’re just treading ground at this point.
    And this is coming from a Krakoa fan. I hope they keep the concept around, but if it’s really being laid to rest, I don’t want one year of tie-in minis until we get to something new.
    This is my unspoken concern as well...They will drag this "ending" on and on, treading ground, for reasons. I would still be ignoring the majority of the line as I do now, but still...who wants a comic book version of that Trinity death scene?

My one hope is that Ewing continues to write XMR/Arakko separate from whatever shenanigans Duggan and Gillenister are cooking up, as he's doing currently with his Genesis War.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're not the ones who died...why would his resurrection be about them?
    I never said that. What I said is:

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Given how Ewing treated Magneto’s family after and during his death, I’m going to assume this will similarly be disrespectful to his family as he comes back.
    There's a huge difference between what you claim I said and what I actually said, which is that we should see content that involves Magneto's family in relation to his death and return. Instead of acting like his family doesn't exist and major things that happen with him mean nothing to them (and mean more to characters with little to no connection to him), which is what happened with his death.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

So with the just released news about the Scarlet Witch book there has come some new ground to speculate on since some of the statements are very curious in the light of this.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=236450583

"Following November’s SCARLET WITCH #10, Steve Orlando’s current ongoing SCARLET WITCH series will evolve in a fascinating way this January"
    "In a few weeks, fans will discover Marvel’s exciting plans for the iconic Wanda Maximoff" ---> NYCC announcement
    "I can't wait for folks to see what we've been conjuring up next, something that celebrates a massive milestone for Wanda and her family"
    "Wanda will return stronger, bolder, and more powerful than ever—and not alone!"

Didn't pay attention to it then but looking at the teaser image now it's interesting how the Magneto part uses a Krakoan font while the resurrection part is warped. I mean we know that Magneto cannot be brought back by the usual Krakoan method because he deleted his backups.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    So with the just released news about the Scarlet Witch book there has come some new ground to speculate on since some of the statements are very curious in the light of this.

"Following November’s SCARLET WITCH #10, Steve Orlando’s current ongoing SCARLET WITCH series will evolve in a fascinating way this January"
    "In a few weeks, fans will discover Marvel’s exciting plans for the iconic Wanda Maximoff" ---> NYCC announcement
    "I can't wait for folks to see what we've been conjuring up next, something that celebrates a massive milestone for Wanda and her family"
    "Wanda will return stronger, bolder, and more powerful than ever—and not alone!"

Didn't pay attention to it then but looking at the teaser image now it's interesting how the Magneto part uses a Krakoan font while the resurrection part is warped. I mean we know that Magneto cannot be brought back by the usual Krakoan method because he deleted his backups.
    When I read the announcement especially the "family" part, I got House of M vibes. Something happening with Wanda in January, the same month as Magneto's resurrection, is an interesting coincidence indeed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    When I read the announcement especially the "family" part, I got House of M vibes. Something happening with Wanda in January, the same month as Magneto's resurrection, is an interesting coincidence indeed.
    Same here Sibz. Yes Indeedy!
    I'm so glad it's continuing. And delightfully tickled that we Stans are officially her "Coven". The "Stronger, bolder, and more powerful than ever..." has me quite elated.

Wasn't there an AiPT article somewhere recently regarding a question on Polaris where JDW? (or someone else) mentioned that another writer was handling her in an upcoming book?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-20-2023 at 04:42 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I knew he wouldn't... but he coulda stayed dead longer. he really did have one of the most beautiful death scenes in one of the most beautiful events in recent comic book history. he deserves to come back at an unexpected time, not some de facto balancing of scales like this return during Fall of X...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    luckily magneto died on arrako.
    Magneto died in the center of the Earth defeating Uranos with Storm and Iron Man.

We did all know he'd be back eventually, but this does feel too soon. I guess if anyone can make this work it's Ewing, though.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-20-2023 at 05:57 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It sounds like the current volume will get canceled and then replaced with another title similar to Moon Knight.

I hope we see Quicksilver finally unite with his sister as mutants again.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh yes, it really sounds like there's an House of M book coming up next, in spirit if not in name. But as the House of M collection by Bendis & Coipel is regularly a very strong seller for Marvel and branding is everything, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel reused the name for a new ongoing.

One also has to wonder, given how Wanda's book seems to be concluding at the same time Magneto returns to life, if her book isn't being used to provide a bit of a setup for that, namely with Joseph providing a conveniently younger and alive body at a time when Resurrection via the Five is off the table...

Maybe Wanda will resurrect Mags.

(and become a mutant again)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here Sibz. Yes Indeedy!
    I'm so glad it's continuing. And delightfully tickled that we Stans are officially her "Coven". The "Stronger, bolder, and more powerful than ever..." has me quite elated.

Wasn't there an AiPT article somewhere recently regarding a question on Polaris where JDW? (or someone else) mentioned that another writer was handling her in an upcoming book?
    I've been feeling this for a while. I would love a HOM book - they feel like the Starks right now. How cool it would be to have a book starring Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Polaris, and Quicksilver addressing the rest of their crazy lineage. Wiccan, Speed, Luna, and even Zaladane, Joseph, Viv, Nocturne, Luminous...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

There's a huge difference between what you claim I said and what I actually said, which is that we should see content that involves Magneto's family in relation to his death and return. Instead of acting like his family doesn't exist and major things that happen with him mean nothing to them (and mean more to characters with little to no connection to him), which is what happened with his death.
    Ewing's job is to write about Arrako so his book dealt with how Magneto's death affected Arrako and Storm who had to take over the place. There's no need for Pietro, Wanda and Polaris in such a story.
    "Cable was right!"

Imagine if they gave us a House of Magnus book with Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wiccan and Speed all as rotating cast members.

I would pick this up in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ewing's job is to write about Arrako so his book dealt with how Magneto's death affected Arrako and Storm who had to take over the place. There's no need for Pietro, Wanda and Polaris in such a story.
    Exactly. If anything Marvel should have just put out a “Death of Magneto” one-shot like the Fallen Friend book they did for Kamala. But Red was never going to be the place to see everyone’s reactions to Mags death.