Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very well said. I think there's also the classic case of some people not wanting to make waves against the dominating narrative. Perhaps there are some humans that don't like what they're seeing but feel it's not safe for them to voice their opposition at the moment. We've seen instances in the past where "mutie lovers" were attacked for harboring or trying to protect mutants. When the government is working hand in hand with Orchis in a very public way and Sentinels are roaming the sky, I can see why some people would remain silent. It's very sad and a reflection of real life in a way.
    Thanks, and you raise a good point, too, about the people who might simply be too afraid to speak up against Orchis, which is another factor in ongoing oppression, where it's not just the demonized and scapegoated "other" that is marginalized and brutalized, but also those who are considered "too sympathetic" to the "other." The whole point is really a campaign to suppress individual judgment and conscience with mass hysteria driven by fear and hate that's been fomented and amplified as a means to exert power and dominance over others.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This was fantastic! I really enjoyed Nighty and Spideys heart to heart chat. I can't wait to see Silver Sable interact with Kurt next issue. Spurrier definitely delivered.

I'm hoping this title is successful enough that it will lead to a proper Nightcrawler solo book. (Maybe the Spider-Man style rogues and street level crime will be the magic ingredient that previous attempts lacked?) Although I would not be opposed to seeing Kurt put on the "Uncanny Spider-Man" costume from time to time, joining in the Spiderverse events or even teaming with the Web Warriors occasionally.

I also hope to see Amanda Sefton again.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"