Default Silver Surfer/Dawn Greenwood Apprecation Thread

This is an appreciation thread for the Dan Slott/Mike & Laura Allred era of Norrin Radd the Silver Surfer who had been joined by a young earth woman named Dawn Greenwood.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

When Silver Surfer was Doctor Who...

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When Silver Surfer was Doctor Who...

I wouldn’t go THAT far . . .

Seriously, it's a Who knockoff (and Slott did that on purpose, he's a big Who fan - his next comic is actually a proper Doctor Who one). Dawn is your typical companion type like Rose Tyler or Amy Pond. The only difference is no time travel. It's a good book, but it's definitely more like Doctor Who than what you'd normally expect from the Surfer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

There was still significant time travel in Slott's 2 volumes.

one of the great pairings, one of the great modern marvel books. Love them to bits

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    one of the great pairings, one of the great modern marvel books. Love them to bits
    Nice way of putting it.

Certainly better than the oh-so-angsty Surfer from the Lee-Buscema series from the 60s.

BANNED

I really enjoyed it. I didn't care about the campaigning to write Dr. Who Slott was doing in his story/style choices. I thought it was fun, and offered more innovative use of the SS powers than the majority of Surfer's vol 3 did with being limited to hurling cosmic bolts. Revisiting the time travel capability was welcomed, and I don't think it's been mentioned enough how OLD Surfer is now because of it. He's the oldest being in the universe now, I believe? Dude's travelled back to the previous cosmos twice now, and whenever in time it was in SS Black.